Paul Pogba

Utd7

Bring him back. We need him. Just don’t give him stupid wages that has a negative trickle down effect.

Kostov

Given how our title challenge basically withered away as soon as he went down, I wouldn't be against it at all.

We're a much much stronger and consistent side with him in it. Building on the spine we have with 1 or 2 more additions makes me believe we'd have the necessary squad to compete on all fronts
We've missed him in the midfield but, it was hardly a title challenge and we would come way short even with him.

Baxter

His PR team know exactly what they’re doing :lol:

RUCK4444

Given how our title challenge basically withered away as soon as he went down, I wouldn't be against it at all.

We're a much much stronger and consistent side with him in it. Building on the spine we have with 1 or 2 more additions makes me believe we'd have the necessary squad to compete on all fronts
Yup. Glad at least a lot of posters here now acknowledge his importance to the squad.

If we let him go we would 100% fail to get somebody more talented and capable than Paul. It would be a step down in quality without a doubt in my mind. Donny is big step down from Pogba, that much is pretty clear. Donny is more of a 10, he would struggle massively in a midfield two.

I hope, finally, we decide to build the midfield around him. Something I've been battered for saying many times previously. Aside from Bruno, a fit Pogba is absolutely still our best player.

We need to spend well on a top level DM to partner Pogba with. One that simply makes up for Paul's limitations defensively. It's something that we need to do whether Pogba stays or goes, so lets keep him and strengthen DM

RUCK4444

The only thing we will ever win relying on Pogba is the Europa League. We still have too much work to do and we need players that are fully committed.
Nonsense sorry, Pogba was a big reason in our good form this season, no surprising that the moment he got injured we've dipped massively.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nonsense sorry, Pogba was a big reason in our good form this season, no surprising that the moment he got injured we've dipped massively.
All it takes is 3 goals and 1 month of decent performances after 2 years of almost nothing for fans to be creaming themselves over him again. He’s not worth making the highest paid player at the club on the back of that once you weigh everything up but weve seen the club make the huge contract mistake regularly so I don’t see why we’d do anything different here. We’ve also seen them not properly replace outgoing players so either way we are fecked. Better the devil you know I suppose... can’t wait for 4 more years of this. We are so lucky we’ve got top owners

He'sRaldo

All it takes is 3 goals and 1 month of decent performances after 2 years of almost nothing for fans to be creaming themselves over him again. He’s not worth making the highest paid player at the club on the back of that once you weigh everything up but weve seen the club make the huge contract mistake regularly so I don’t see why we’d do anything different here. We’ve also seen them not properly replace outgoing players so either way we are fecked. Better the devil you know I suppose... can’t wait for 4 more years of this. We are so lucky we’ve got top owners
Nothing screams "I have an agenda against Pogba" more than these sorts of quotes.

Ali Dia

Nothing screams "I have an agenda against Pogba" more than these sorts of quotes.
i do have an agenda against him. He’s not worth whatever we will end up paying him and it’ll no doubt hold us back from making a few smarter signings. he was very poor value for money over the last 5 years and just because the glazers and some fans on redcafe think it’s a good idea to give him a big new deal it doesn’t mean I have to agree

Last edited:

Bwuk

i do have an agenda against him. He’s not worth whatever we will end up paying him, he was poor value for money over the last 5 years and just because the glazers and some fans on redcafe think it’s a good idea to give him a big new deal it doesn’t mean I have to agree
Pogba at what, 85m was a much better deal than 80m for Maguire, 50m for AWB, 50m for Fred or 40m for VdB.

We regularly do poor value for money deals. Bar Bruno I can't think of many of our recent transfers that have been value for money.

Becks00

He most likely would only get a marginal increase on the contract he is on right now, no club would offer him more and he knows it. Fully expect De gea to remain the club highest paid for a few more years and your point about not replacing him is precisely why I believe every fan should be hoping he stays.

Devil may care

Our board are too inept to replace him and our midfield is just workhorse central without him, so if he's up for staying and shows the discipline he had prior to his injury then get him on a new 4 year deal.

Ali Dia

Pogba at what, 85m was a much better deal than 80m for Maguire, 50m for AWB, 50m for Fred or 40m for VdB.

We regularly do poor value for money deals. Bar Bruno I can't think of many of our recent transfers that have been value for money.
I don’t know... maguire for his flaws is always available to play and seems like a humble guy. He’s a good player. Pogba is a talented player but as I said in the martial thread. Talent without application and drive = 6th place. This will just be another ready made excuse for not reinvesting decent fees into more suitable players and new ideas. It’s just the glazers playing football manager as far as Im concerned. If they’d rather pay Matic 150k a week for the next 2 years than reinvest then you can bet they’ve been cooking up a big deal for Paul. If this is our plan I’m looking forward to another few years of battling for top 4, patchy performances and agent shenanigans. Id be willing to bet we don’t ever win anything serious with Pogba and Martial in the team.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

Its hardly an agenda, he is right. Few weeks of good performances and all is forgotten, that's the state of this place.

Anyone who thinks he will just get a 'marginal' raise is delusional. He will want an astronomical increase given he is free to sign elsewhere in 9 months. Past behaviour is best predictor of future behaviour, specially with PP and Raiola.

Ali Dia

Its hardly an agenda, he is right. Few weeks of good performances and all is forgotten, that's the state of this place.

Anyone who thinks he will just get a 'marginal' raise is delusional. He will want an astronomical increase given he is free to sign elsewhere in 9 months. Past behaviour is best predictor of future behaviour, specially with PP and Raiola.
Absolutely. Holding the club to ransom
For a second time after we paid 90 million to bring him back? This guy is a one man circus and fans backing him because we didnt build a good enough team around him will have the same excuse for the next 4 years too. It’s everyone’s else’s fault Pogba and martial aren’t world class every week. I just wish whoever was running us would wake the feck up and look at their past work and realise they don’t have a fecking clue about building a football team if you’re relying on the likes of martial and Pogba to drive you forward over a long period

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The one major plus is if we keep Pogba happy (if that’s even possible, he’s been on about leaving for 4 years!!!) we probably have a better shot at Haaland.
I doubt it’s possible. He could never be happy, he hates United. He’ll only be happy in Spain. Or Italy. Or Paris.

Ali Dia

I doubt it’s possible. He could never be happy, he hates United. He’ll only be happy in Spain. Or Italy. Or Paris.
he’s happy wherever there’s a raise. He just wanted it to be somewhere else but somewhere else doesn’t exist this summer so he starts playing nice. How can smart people such as yourself not see straight through it?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
he’s happy wherever there’s a raise. He just wanted it to be somewhere else but somewhere else doesn’t exist this summer so he starts playing nice. How can smart people such as yourself not see straight through it?
Ooh, he sounds terrible.

Maybe he’ll go to China this summer. They pay the most money I hear. Sounds like him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You should always want your best players to stay and he is comfortably in that bracket for us.
We've missed him immensely since his injury. He was in such good form and was producing the sort of rounded displays we've been wanting from him.

Now, lets actually start improving the first team now, hey Ed.
Give the likes of Pogba and Bruno more quality to play with.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
he doesn’t really. He just doesn’t sound in any way committed or genuine so fans wanting us to double down and spunk another 100 plus million on PP are about to get their wish. It’s going to be great!
Sounds like you hear from him a lot. Well, if what you say is true, hopefully our board see through the the sly cunning fox and the big bad wolf of an agent and don’t offer him 100m. Given 100m was his game all along for the last, 4 years I think you said it was, he’ll have no choice but to leave, and head to the highest bidder. My money is on Qatar or China next.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Is it now? You've been watching far too many serial killer dramas

Ali Dia

Ooh, he sounds terrible.

Maybe he’ll go to China this summer. They pay the most money I hear. Sounds like him.
Sounds like you hear from him a lot. Well, if what you say is true, hopefully our board see through the the sly cunning fox and the big bad wolf of an agent and don’t offer him 100m. Given 100m was his game all along for the last, 4 years I think you said it was, he’ll have no choice but to leave, and head to the highest bidder. My money is on Qatar or China next.
If our owners weren’t totally inept they’d have sold him by now and reinvested the money.

also dude you don’t need to follow me around threads about Pogba defending him and Mino. I’m just a normal fan. Not some massive Pogba hater. I’d just like to see us try something new after the failure of the last 5 years.

Raven

He wants to win. We haven't been anywhere near ambitious or smart enough to win titles and Pogba was never going to be enough to change that. We haven't had a right wing since Nani, for a club of our size, that's outrageous.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If our owners weren’t totally inept they’d have sold him by now.
But alas, they have shown complete ineptitude by not selling Paul Pogba. What will become of us?!

Counterfactual

Isn't Pogba already on 290k per week, behind only De Gea?

I'm not sure we'll offer him much more. I think what De Gea is on (375/wk?) was a mistake, as was Sanchez, and we'll start rowing back from these inflated salaries. Who else in the premier league gets close to 300k per week?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
same shite as the last few years. An EL final here and there. You must be overjoyed
I’m with you mate. Anyone could see from years ago that if we had just gotten Pogba out of our team, everything else was set for us to win major honours.

Ali Dia

He wants to win. We haven't been anywhere near ambitious or smart enough to win titles and Pogba was never going to be enough to change that. We haven't had a right wing since Nani, for a club of our size, that's outrageous.
How come the we are spending enough arguments only come out when we are slating a manager or defending the owners? The owners have spent a stack on Pogba and other shite and look where we are. That’s what you get for trying to build around Pogba. Also look at all the calls our owners have made. If they think giving Pogba a new deal is a good idea it’s most likely a terrible idea and even if it was a good idea they’d still find some way to mess it up.

yes we still need to spend but I’d have hoped we learned a thing or 2 about recruiting and giving out big contracts on the basis of reputation over performance. Seems not

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Isn't Pogba already on 290k per week, behind only De Gea?

I'm not sure we'll offer him much more. I think what De Gea is on (375/wk?) was a mistake, as was Sanchez, and we'll start rowing back from these inflated salaries. Who else in the premier league gets close to 300k per week?

Don’t get dragged into Ali Dia’s obsessing about figures because if we stick to reality, none of this Paul Pogba ‘saga’ over recent years has been remotely suggested to be about salary. No point creating a whole parallel narrative as this particular poster has about motivations being for a raise, and at a certain point, minds being changed due to not receiving offers of x amount, and now being willing to renegotiate on the condition of being paid y amount. It’s all 100% conjecture seemingly borne our of a desire to validate the irrational with something rational.

There have been no mentions of us sitting down at the table but only fussing over a figure, not once. It’s very easy for such things to just get thrown around baselessly and then become established as fact when most people would have little desire to examine the detail anyway. That’s how a casual money-grabber label gets thrown at people, with little basis.

He'sRaldo

I’m with you mate. Anyone could see from years ago that if we had just gotten Pogba out of our team, everything else was set for us to win major honours.
Agreed. How can we play with a midfielder who has had only one decent game in four years?? It's impossible.

Ali Dia

Don’t get dragged into Ali Dia’s obsessing about figures because if we stick to reality, none of this Paul Pogba ‘saga’ over recent years has been remotely suggested to be about salary. No point creating a whole parallel narrative as this particular poster has about motivations being for a raise, and at a certain point, minds being changed due to not receiving offers of x amount, and now being willing to renegotiate on the condition of being paid y amount. It’s all 100% conjecture seemingly borne our of a desire to validate the irrational with something rational.

There have been no mentions of us sitting down at the table but only fussing over a figure, not once. It’s very easy for such things to just get thrown around baselessly and then become established as fact when most people would have little desire to examine the detail anyway. That’s how a casual money-grabber label gets thrown at people, with little basis.
This is the second time he’s held us to ransom over a contract. Correct.

I assume we spent 90 million bringing him back on the understanding he wanted to be back here for the long term to build around. We made him captain and all. Captain marvel. We don’t win enough stuff so a year and a half into his deal he starts crying about leaving again. We fire the manager for him and then under the new manager he still keeps going on about leaving any chance he can get. Solid solid investment going for more of that. You should call Pogba and see if he needs any help with his PR

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Playing poorly on purpose is not something that benefits any player.

Your verging on conspiracy theory here when it comes to Pogba.

Ever since he arrived and prior to Bruno’s arrival more often than not he’s been our main source of creativity, sometimes our top scorer and assist provider.

He’s an elite talent, not without his flaws, but a top talent all the same. What we need to do is keep our best players and get the most from them.

Do you honestly believe we will sign a replacement who will be an improvement in quality over Pogba?

Out recent dip in results coincides perfectly with Pogba’s latest injury.

Ali Dia

Playing poorly on purpose is not something that benefits any player.

Your verging on conspiracy theory here when it comes to Pogba.

Ever since he arrived and prior to Bruno’s arrival more often than not he’s been our main source of creativity, sometimes our top scorer and assist provider.

He’s an elite talent, not without his flaws, but a top talent all the same. What we need to do is keep our best players and get the most from them.

Do you honestly believe we will sign a replacement who will be an improvement in quality over Pogba?

Out recent dip in results coincides perfectly with Pogba’s latest injury.

Playing poorly on purpose? I never ever said that. I said playing nice as in with contract talks and PR in the press about how he’s so happy now while all the evidence of the last 4 years points towards him not being settled. If he was settled he might be more consistent but that’s it. He’s a good player but he’s not the right player for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is the second time he’s held us to ransom over a contract. Correct.

I assume we spent 90 million bringing him back on the understanding he wanted to be back here for the long term to build around. We made him captain and all. Captain :lol: We don’t win enough stuff so a year and a half into his deal he starts crying about leaving again. We fire the manager for him and then under the new manager he still keeps going on about leaving any chance he can get. Solid solid investment going for more of that. You should call Pogba and see if he needs any help with his PR
How have you arrived at the conclusion that Pogba has ‘held us to ransom twice over a contract?’. I’d like to see your working out, as they say in school.

I’m just here probing today. I’m more than happy for you to explain all these things to le, and so far, I think anyone who looks at our exchange today will conclude that you have been making a show of yourself. A complete embarrassment so far, but not too late to redeem, if there is any basis behind what you say.

So yea, how have you concluded we were held to ransom twice? And when was Pogba appointed captain of the club? And elaborate on his ‘crying’ a year and a half into his deal please.

I believe in you mate, this is your chance to state your case on the matter once and for all. No B.S hypothesis, just try and stick to facts, I’m all ears.

Ali Dia

Jose made him vice captain but very quickly took it off him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.in...vice-captaincy-by-jose-mourinho-37355211.html

As everybody knows he’s held us to ransom over 2 contracts. He wanted guaranteed playing time with Fergie or he was gone and whatever this contract is. The you’re so lucky to still have me contract? He signed in 2016 and was publicly quoted in 2019 and many times since trying to get a move. I think his agent was spouting on his behalf long before that.

Fair enough good on you. You’re a fan. I’m not. You can go around defending him while he’s jogging around the place in the Europa league or on the left wing in the CL on Sanchez money wishing Real Madrid wanted him but they don’t do they because he’d be there by now if they did. You’re the one with the agenda here if you just ignore all the past evidence the contrary. If he’s so good how come we never got offered more than a few quid and a player for him while the buying clubs have been splashing the cash elsewhere no problem? I don’t know what his new deal is going to be like. Let’s see shall we before we talk any more about it. I’m sure it’ll be another huge win for the club.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Jose made him vice captain but very quickly took it off him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.in...vice-captaincy-by-jose-mourinho-37355211.html

As everybody knows he’s held us to ransom over 2 contracts. He wanted guaranteed playing time with Fergie or he was gone and whatever this contract is. The you’re so lucky to still have me contract? He signed in 2016 and was publicly quoted in 2019 and many times since trying to get a move. I think his agent was spouting long before that.

Fair enough good on you. You’re a fan. I’m not. You can go around defending him while he’s jogging around the place in the Europa league or on the left wing in the CL on Sanchez money wishing Real Madrid wanted him but they don’t do they because he’d be there by now if they did. You’re the one with the agenda here if you just ignore all the past evidence the contrary. If he’s so good how come we never got offered more than a few quid and a player for him while the buying clubs have been splashing the cash elsewhere no problem? I don’t know what his new deal is going to be like. Let’s see shall we before we talk any more about it. I’m sure it’ll be another huge win for the club.
Stop making stuff up