Paul Scholes

Davo

Is it time to get rid?

Lets face it, he's not getting any younger and he's likely to prove to be a problem this season re his position. You haven't got a fully firing Keane to cover for him in a 4-4-2, and the signings of Smith and Saha suggest 4-5-1 is no longer the favourite formation.

You could still raise about 10m for him, but if you leave it much longer his value will plummet.

He's showed time and again that he can't hack it at the top level,and is little more than a flat track bully...

Plus he looks like a ginger milk bottle, and is crap in terms of merchandise cash...

Do you all agree?

dangercat

Davo said:
Is it time to get rid?

Lets face it, he's not getting any younger and he's likely to prove to be a problem this season re his position. You haven't got a fully firing Keane to cover for him in a 4-4-2, and the signings of Smith and Saha suggest 4-5-1 is no longer the favourite formation.

You could still raise about 10m for him, but if you leave it much longer his value will plummet.

He's showed time and again that he can't hack it at the top level,and is little more than a flat track bully...

Plus he looks like a ginger milk bottle, and is crap in terms of merchandise cash...

Do you all agree?
r u nuts, look at the way we played when he was injured couldn't even score goals......no scholes=no creativity

Still thinking of a name

Davo said:
Is it time to get rid?

Do you all agree?
Even if this were a serious post and there was some reason to get rid of Scholes from our perspective (there really isn't, sorry) then I don't think we would. Scholes isn't the kind of player to like moving around, he's a family man who keeps a low profile. Sure, if Oldham had the money I'm sure he'd move if United really really wanted rid... But no, I can't really see him leaving the club before he retires to be honest. Same with Giggs.

Btw, he doesn't create problems for the formation. He adds new dimensions and possibilities. A Houllier-like manager would have seen this as a problem, but Fergie sure does not.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Davo said:
Is it time to get rid?

Do you all agree?
I Agree

Sir A1ex

Davo said:
Is it time to get rid?

Lets face it, he's not getting any younger and he's likely to prove to be a problem this season re his position.....He's little more than a flat track bully...

Do you all agree?
Not bad for a first draft of your autobiography, but otherwise the post of a dull man during a dull closed season. :smirk:

Davo

dangercat said:
r u nuts, look at the way we played when he was injured couldn't even score goals......no scholes=no creativity
You've got Ronaldo now...you couldn't line up with a midfield of him, Giggs, Scholes and either a failing Keane or some rubbish pretender like Fletcher or Djemba

WeasteDevil

Davo said:
You've got Ronaldo now...you couldn't line up with a midfield of him, Giggs, Scholes and either a failing Keane or some rubbish pretender like Fletcher or Djemba
You can if you buy a decent bloody centrak midfielder!

Davo

Still thinking of a name said:
Scholes isn't the kind of player to like moving around, he's a family man who keeps a low profile. .

Yeah that might be a problem...

But if you refuse to play him he'll evertually leave his parents house and move elsewhere

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
100% agree Divo.

Scholes and the Niville sisters need to be shown the door.

Without Man Utd they would be nothing. Nothing. The bastards were lucky to be in quality squads which pulled along. Look at Beckham, another wanker who used Man Utd to further his modelling career. Where is he now - a washed up footballer who never had talent. Nedved, Del Peiro, Pires, Figo, Zidane, these guys walk on a different planet then Senior Beckham. If I was Pepsi or Adidas I woould super impose him in their ads so no more harm can be done

there is the Door - Now feck off with ya's

Forza Viola

If you ignore the daft questions about Scholes' ability Davo does have a point. There is no position for Scholes if we assume Fergie has any cogent plan for building a team. Keane can't carry Scholes anymore, especially not if we deploy Ronaldo in the midfield as well. Assuming Fergie is returning to a flat four in the middle and two upfront there is no role for Scholes in the team.

Scholes remains our best player, but Fergie is doing his utmost to marginalise him... on that basis we may as well cash in while he is still a valuable asset.

Still thinking of a name

An Extremely Boring Man said:
This is probably your worst attempt of a wind up to date, Davo :lol:
Unfortunately, there is a sliver of truth in his statement Scholes hasn't really done it at the top level.

For me thats A) For England and B) CL

For A) Its certainly true. 3 years without a goal and not playing anywhere near his best stuff and B) CL - For a midfielder who scores a lot of goals domestically, he doesn't score too many in Europe. I believe this is down to his playing style. He is great at exploiting defensive positional mistakes and moving late into the box, but of course playing against top quality opponents means that there are a lot less mistakes to exploit. He's never looked out of place, but he's never destroyed a team either, unlike the PL. Over the last 2 years, he's scored more than 1 goal in the same game a number of times and literally destroyed teams - Not in europe.

MPTutd

What Davo is trying to say is that IF (and a bloody big one in my book) we have him on the bench, then its going to look even worse for his beloved Liverpool as we have a proven world class player on our bench whereas Liverpool have Diouf, Cheyrou, Diao and Biscan on theirs.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
Forza Viola said:
If you ignore the daft questions about Scholes' ability Davo does have a point
:lol:

I reckon if you sell him he will want to come to us.

We don't want him though, not good enough.

I'd rather we keep Bruno.

bazalini

MPTutd said:
What Davo is trying to say is that IF (and a bloody big one in my book) we have him on the bench, then its going to look even worse for his beloved Liverpool as we have a proven world class player on our bench whereas Liverpool have Diouf, Cheyrou, Diao and Biscan on theirs.
Forlon, Neville Phil, Bellion & Djemba Djemba make some bench while your at it.

kf

At least Scholesy hasn't had an arm grafted on.

Still thinking of a name

Plechazunga said:
dude r u fckin gotta be kidding Schls a muthafckin leg end hez r best CM/AM/linkman/in-da-hole/insId 4ward we got dude Chimpionship Minger sez he is da best so fck u scouz u got ur own ded wud
Totally! ..What?

Davo

Forza Viola said:
If you ignore the daft questions about Scholes' ability Davo does have a point. There is no position for Scholes if we assume Fergie has any cogent plan for building a team. Keane can't carry Scholes anymore, especially not if we deploy Ronaldo in the midfield as well. Assuming Fergie is returning to a flat four in the middle and two upfront there is no role for Scholes in the team.

Scholes remains our best player, but Fergie is doing his utmost to marginalise him... on that basis we may as well cash in while he is still a valuable asset.
You're spot on, apart from the last paragraph....which is nonsense

Scholes = a ginger Joe Cole

Who can't dribble

Number7

Ret's Slave
Nate said:
:lol:

I reckon if you sell him he will want to come to us.

We don't want him though, not good enough.

I'd rather we keep Bruno.
And Davo has just been pipped to the worst wind up, ;)

bazalini

soccerbest said:
Oh dear, you people are fecking mad to even think about selling Scholes.

Wise up.

The same was said about Cole at the time.

Scholes has no place in this Man Utd team. Time we sold him and a few other dead wood as well.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Unfortunately, there is a sliver of truth in his statement Scholes hasn't really done it at the top level.

For me thats A) For England and B) CL

For A) Its certainly true. 3 years without a goal and not playing anywhere near his best stuff and B) CL - For a midfielder who scores a lot of goals domestically, he doesn't score too many in Europe. I believe this is down to his playing style. He is great at exploiting defensive positional mistakes and moving late into the box, but of course playing against top quality opponents means that there are a lot less mistakes to exploit. He's never looked out of place, but he's never destroyed a team either, unlike the PL. Over the last 2 years, he's scored more than 1 goal in the same game a number of times and literally destroyed teams - Not in europe.
WHat bollox. He's been as good in Europe as his team mates.

20 goals in 79 European starts. That's only slightly less per game than his league less than his league record, which is not surprising, seeing as it is scored fewer goals in Europe than domestically.

Davo

MPTutd said:
You got that from my opening post?

You're a dunce mate...you wear a big hat with a big D on it and face the corner

Dunce

bazalini

So he has being a failure.

He is a creative midfielder and hasn't done feck all. He is a failure on the big stage.

We keep him, we will continue to go out in quater finals.

Davo

20 goals in 79 European starts. That's only slightly less per game than his league less than his league record, which is not surprising, seeing as it is scored fewer goals in Europe than domestically.
Just because you love him, doesn't make him good...

Accept it, homo

soccerbest

bazalini said:
Wise up.

The same was said about Cole at the time.

Scholes has no place in this Man Utd team. Time we sold him and a few other dead wood as well.
what bullshit you talking. feck off. :yawn:

Scholes is still a key player for us, contribute goals for us in mdifeld over the past few seasons.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
bazalini said:
So he has being a failure.

He is a creative midfielder and hasn't done feck all. He is a failure on the big stage.

We keep him, we will continue to go out in quater finals.
Fecking 'ell

The wind ups are so frequent on here now, I wouldn't be able to spot who's being serious

Still thinking of a name

Against who?

Obollox of Franmark?

I mean against the Milans and Madrids. The big games - The ones where true world class players shine and the phonies fall.

I'm not saying he's scored fewer goals - I'm saying his goals haven't been at the important times, winning us big matches like he has done in the Premiership against the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle (When they weren't shite)

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Against who?

Obollox of Franmark?

I mean against the Milans and Madrids. The big games - The ones where true world class players shine and the phonies fall.

I'm not saying he's scored fewer goals - I'm saying his goals haven't been at the important times, winning us big matches like he has done in the Premiership against the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle (When they weren't shite)
For a start, he's scored against both the 'Milans' and the 'Madrids'...

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Against who?

Obollox of Franmark?

Who let this idiot on?

bazalini

soccerbest said:
what bullshit you talking. feck off. :yawn:

Scholes is still a key player for us, contribute goals for us in mdifeld over the past few seasons.
Who the feck are you to tell me to kuck off.

Scholes is a failure. He is nowhere near the player he used to be. He has nothing to offer this Man Utd team only disfunction and moving other players out of position.

Get rid of him and a few daychasers like you as well.