Paul Scholes

soccerbest

bazalini said:
Who the feck are you to tell me to kuck off.

Scholes is a failure. He is nowhere near the player he used to be. He has nothing to offer this Man Utd team only disfunction and moving other players out of position.

Get rid of him and a few daychasers like you as well.
oh dear, some of you moaners here about every players who are getting old must be sold is pathetic.

Still thinking of a name

giggzy said:
Who let this idiot on?
I believe it was a measure to ensure some objective opinion comes onto the forum, instead of all the rose tinted glasses posts about our players and how great they all are, even if they are not.

Its called a debate. You need more than 1 argument for this, we can't all agree.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
IMO, if we get Scholes back in midfield he will improve but we do need to sign a world class creative midfielder. I think fergie has totally gone OTT on DM's and defenders, we also need either a right or left sided midfielder so Ronaldo can play on the opposite side and a least put Giggs under some pressure for his place in the team.

Still thinking of a name

An Extremely Boring Man said:
Against the 'Milans' he got us the equiliser which secured our semi-final spot in 1999...
Great. So we can count on bringing on Paul Scholes 1999 if we need a goal against Milan.

Still thinking of a name

You're talking rubbish though
I'm stating my opinion - Its up to you to disprove it, which you have done very well. I still don't believe he has ever "done it" at the top level, however.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
giggzy said:
Doubt any of them have actually been to OT.

It is Redcafe afterall.

I'm fed up hearing this. Sick in the teeth in fact. I live in Ireland and a regular fan at Man Utd. I do not adhere to the lets get behind everyone because it is the norm, but if I see someone play shit I let them know.

In Madrid or Milan or Munich fans can critise players and who is more successful. Even Liverpool fans are quick to turn against players. A players loyalty or skill level is not based on what has being produced in recent years but in recent matches.

Now in my view for Man Utd to win anything this season we need to look beyond Scholes who failed to deliver for Man Utd last season.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Still thinking of a name said:
Great. So we can count on bringing on Paul Scholes 1999 if we need a goal against Milan.
He's argued his point.

Proved you wrong, about Scholes against the bigger European clubs.

Get over it.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
I'm stating my opinion - Its up to you to disprove it, which you have done very well. I still don't believe he has ever "done it" at the top level, however.
:lol:

Has played well against some of the best teams in Europe for almost a decade. The CL is the highest level of football there is.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
bazalini said:
I'm fed up hearing this. Sick in the teeth in fact. I live in Ireland and a regular fan at Man Utd. I do not adhere to the lets get behind everyone because it is the norm, but if I see someone play shit I let them know.

In Madrid or Milan or Munich fans can critise players and who is more successful. Even Liverpool fans are quick to turn against players. A players loyalty or skill level is not based on what has being produced in recent years but in recent matches.

Now in my view for Man Utd to win anything this season we need to look beyond Scholes who failed to deliver for Man Utd last season.
I don't give a feck.

bazalini

giggzy said:
I don't give a feck.
You only give a feck if a fan is critical and not when a player is shit.

I support 11 players and a team, not a fecking circus of fans.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
bazalini said:
:rolleyes: Scholes was out injured for half the season, and stuck on the left wing for half the games he actually played - and he still managed to score 15 goals!

Look at the Scholes from the 2002/03 season. IMO his best season ever for us. He was sensational!

Still thinking of a name

giggzy said:
He's argued his point.

Proved you wrong, about Scholes against the bigger European clubs.

Get over it.
No no - I suggest you "get over it". Read my response to him - I said he's proved my points wrong, but I still don't feel his tipped the top of the tree. Thats my opinion of which I am entitled to.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
bazalini said:
You only give a feck if a fan is critical and not when a player is shit.

I support 11 players and a team, not a fecking circus of fans.
Is there any United players that is actually worthy of playing for us?

Davo

soccerbest said:
sell Owen and Gerrard then. :rolleyes:
They're both young and have years of football ahead of them...

Totally different from the aging Scholes...if you're going to debate, do it sensibly

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
No no - I suggest you "get over it". Read my response to him - I said he's proved my points wrong, but I still don't feel his tipped the top of the tree. Thats my opinion of which I am entitled to.
Which players have "tipped the top of the tree"?

LoobyLu

Inaugural winner of the "met on the Caf and got ma
Davo said:
I'm bored..so pick a manc player, preferably not a real rubbish one like Forlan or Fletcher, and I'll go and slag him off in the manc forum...

Football only posters will pile in and call me a cnut and we can all laugh at the spastics...

Its foolproof
:lol: :lol: :lol:

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
:rolleyes: Scholes was out injured for half the season, and stuck on the left wing for half the games he actually played - and he still managed to score 15 goals!

Look at the Scholes from the 2002/03 season. IMO his best season ever for us. He was sensational!
The whole team bar Ronaldo were underpar last season.

Reckon we sell the lot them.

Being objective afterall.

Davo

And you are too much of a wind up

or

clueless
You're a bit simple when it comes to Man Utd. You think they'll win the league every year...that they've got all the best players blah blah

You can't see the obvious failings of someone like Scholes...it limits your ability to understand the game

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
You're a bit simple when it comes to Man Utd. You think they'll win the league every year...that they've got all the best players blah blah

You can't see the obvious failings of someone like Scholes...it limits your ability to understand the game
I honestly think I have a greater understanding of the game than you.

You're on an obvious wind-up here.

I obviously don't think we've got all the best players, but in Scholes I believe we've got a great player.

bazalini

giggzy said:
The whole team bar Ronaldo were underpar last season.

Reckon we sell the lot them.

Being objective afterall.

That is the spirit Giggzy. However Saha, Keane, Silvestre, Carroll, Howard, RVN, Giggs, Fortune, O'Shea, even Phil Neville produced the stuff I would expect from them.

Scholes did not and does not look like he will, given we have stronger players in his positions.

Sell him and move on

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
bazalini said:
That is the spirit Giggzy. However Saha, Keane, Silvestre, Carroll, Howard, RVN, Giggs, Fortune, O'Shea, even Phil Neville produced the stuff I would expect from them.

Scholes did not and does not look like he will, given we have stronger players in his positions.

Sell him and move on
Keane, Saha, Giggs, Fortune, O'Shea and Phil Neville were no better than Scholes last season.

Gary Neville was, Silvestre was, Rio was, Ronaldo was and Ruud possible was.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Keane, Saha, Giggs, Fortune, O'Shea and Phil Neville were no better than Scholes last season.

Gary Neville was, Silvestre was, Rio was, Ronaldo was and Ruud possible was.
Agreed, except Ruud definitely was!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Davo said:
Is it time to get rid?

Lets face it, he's not getting any younger and he's likely to prove to be a problem this season re his position. You haven't got a fully firing Keane to cover for him in a 4-4-2, and the signings of Smith and Saha suggest 4-5-1 is no longer the favourite formation.

You could still raise about 10m for him, but if you leave it much longer his value will plummet.

He's showed time and again that he can't hack it at the top level,and is little more than a flat track bully...

Plus he looks like a ginger milk bottle, and is crap in terms of merchandise cash...

Do you all agree?
:lol: scholes = better than any player at liverpool FC.

Davo

I honestly think I have a greater understanding of the game than you.

You're on an obvious wind-up here.

I obviously don't think we've got all the best players, but in Scholes I believe we've got a great player.
Nahh your understanding is limited to "Man Utd are the best"

Like I say, you're a bit simple when it comes to things Man Utd. You're probably more rational discussing Chelsea, or Spurs or something...

Look at you here with Scholes...you're making a fool of yourself

soccerbest

last season goal-scoring stat of our players. :)

Top scorers:
Ruud van Nistelrooy: 30
Paul Scholes: 14
Ryan Giggs: 8
Diego Forlan: 8
Louis Saha: 7

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:

Like I say, you're a bit simple when it comes to things Man Utd. You're probably more rational discussing Chelsea, or Spurs or something...

You are just simple full stop.

Back to the play ground were you belong.

WeasteDevil

Davo said:

I thought I told you in my first post of this thread.

Feck off.