Paulo Dybala

loony

I can't see Juventus paying €30m for Dybala. They just don't pay that money. If Pogba goes then maybe, but Pogba's deal, were he to leave, should take a while to sort out. I'd expect Dybala to be gone by then. One of us, Liverpool or Arsenal should be getting this guy or Lacazette this summer.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Dybala, Lacazette and Vietto this summers muppet wishlist.:drool:

Too bad we won't get any of them :(

Truedevil

Dybala, Lacazette and Vietto this summers muppet wishlist.:drool:

Too bad we won't get any of them :(
I think you would have a great chance of landing Lacazette if you wanted, im not sure about the other two though.

I think Vietto is a Barca bound and Dybala will probably end up at Arsenal or United.

hobbers

I just don't see Juve or Arsenal paying that much for him. Unless Pogba leaves ofc.

Nedved

Latest news from Italy indicate that he is signing for Juve this week for €30-35 million.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Latest news from Italy indicate that he is signing for Juve this week for €30-35 million.
That's still good news as this merry go round of strikers means one of Juve's might want to move on. We (LFC) could try to nab Tevez if he doesn't want to play 2nd/3rd fiddle at his time of career.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Thats a bummer & understandable. Juve are doin really well & his family are most likely settled in Italy - thats massive selling points.

Your name brings back alot of memories man. Would have been a brilliant signing for us at the time in 2001. Personally, i didnt rate him that highly & didnt buy into signing players off the back of a major championship - like the Euro's in 2000, where he shone brightly & became a great player for Juve a year later.

We signed Poborsky in the summer of 1996, on the back of him scoring that lobbed goal, so thats why i wasnt too keen on Nedved after 2000 Euro's (who was pretty good throughout the tournie on reflection). Fergie probably thought the same or ran out of red wine - the stupid fecker :)

I have no doubt in my mind, that Fergie signed Poborsky because of this goal & Fergie was probably pissed-up on Vin Rouge (red wine) in his South of France Villa when he put the call through. Impulsive pissed-up buy, me thinks :D

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Arsenal were linked with him quite a bit. I assume he wants to stay in Italy and maybe get a move to one of the Spanish clubs in a few years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's still good news as this merry go round of strikers means one of Juve's might want to move on. We (LFC) could try to nab Tevez if he doesn't want to play 2nd/3rd fiddle at his time of career.
Tevez will see out his contract at Juve (ends next season) and go back to Boca Juniors.

Tevez would be first choice anyway, it's him and one other up front, though he can also play in the number 10 slot on occasion.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that Tevez has said that he'll return to Argentina when this contract finishes.

Dybala and Moratta will be a ridiculously strong attack (if both develop as well as expected). Probably the best attack in the world once Barca's trio start regressing in 3 years or so.

izec

If they (Barca ir Real) are interested. If not, i would love us to buy him after his time in Italy.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Honestly, I wasn't too bothered with him. I'd have preferred Lacazette. A lot more disappointed hearing that he's unlikely to leave Lyon, although it is nice to hear Lyon trying to keep their good players.

izec

Shame, i wanted him here. Knew the chances were slim, but he is still young and we can go for him in a few years again.

Devil may care

I think he's going to become a top tier player, still young enough for us to get him after a couple of seasons to progress at Juve. :p

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
You're gutted, but also happy he's not comin to United? :confused:;)
I mean if he's not coming to United, then the best scenario is him staying at Lyon so it's a good position to be in. Always good to see clubs like Lyon trying to keep hold of their best players. If we can't get Lacazette, then preferably none of our rivals can. If you catch my drift.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I mean if he's not coming to United, then the best scenario is him staying at Lyon so it's a good position to be in. Always good to see clubs like Lyon trying to keep hold of their best players. If we can't get Lacazette, then preferably none of our rivals can. If you catch my drift.
I was only messing man - i got ya :). I even put the wink smiley in the post too ;)

DarkXaero

Given what we need from a striker signing this summer (Pace, link up play, versatility to play wide), I'm very confused as to why we never made a bid for Dybala. Palermo's president was basically asking clubs to make bids for him, so the availability was very public.

Devil may care

Given what we need from a striker signing this summer (Pace, link up play, versatility to play wide), I'm very confused as to why we never made a bid for Dybala. Palermo's president was basically asking clubs to make bids for him, so the availability was very public.
A number of recent reports suggested he didn't want o leave Italy, at least not for the PL. You have to hand it to Juve, their transfer business over the last 5 years has been superb. From Vidal for £11M to Pirlo and Pogba on frees as well as Evra on the cheap and now two of the best young forwards around in Morata and Dybala.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Maybe we did. He said there's been plenty of interest, and you can't really blame him for not turning down a move to Juve.

@Devil may care plus they stole Kingsley Coman from PSG on a free too. He's meant to be highly rated as well.

RooneyLegend

Considering Tevez has been entertaining the thought of leaving, this is a wonderful move by Juve. They have a rich history of having wonderful second strikers at the club and he should just continue that.

Honestly, I wasn't too bothered with him. I'd have preferred Lacazette. A lot more disappointed hearing that he's unlikely to leave Lyon, although it is nice to hear Lyon trying to keep their good players.
Same. Dybala looks good from the few games ive watched him in but not a dead cert and Italian strikers have not always settled well in the Premier League.

RooneyLegend

Same. Dybala looks good from the few games ive watched him in but not a dead cert and Italian strikers have not always settled well in the Premier League.
He's as much a cert as you can get, incredible talent.

He's Argentine. Also, Graziano Pellè.
I mean from the Italian league.

I will be expecting far more from our future first choice striker than Pelle has shown this season. Rooney matched him playing mostly in midfield and RVP almost got there with a third less appearances and his worst season in years.

Dybala looks a talent but he hasnt shown the knack for goals yet, and most of the goals ive seen him score come from him dribbling towards the box and setting himself to shoot which he wont find as easy to do in this league. Lacazette for example seems far more adept at latching on to a cross or a pass and hitting it first time, which is more important in England.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I mean from the Italian league.

I will be expecting far more from our future first choice striker than Pelle has shown this season. Rooney matched him playing mostly in midfield and RVP almost got there with a third less appearances and his worst season in years.

Dybala looks a talent but he hasnt shown the knack for goals yet, and most of the goals ive seen him score come from him dribbling towards the box and setting himself to shoot which he wont find as easy to do in this league. Lacazette for example seems far more adept at latching on to a cross or a pass and hitting it first time, which is more important in England.
The top quality ones did. Zola, Vialli, even Ravanelli and Di Canio did well. Those who did badly were mostly players whose career was going down hill already (Ventola, Di Michele and Boriello) or who were 1 season wonders (ex Diamanti and Corradi)

Nedved

The top quality ones did. Zola, Vialli, even Ravanelli and Di Canio did well. Those who did badly were mostly players whose career was going down hill already (Ventola, Di Michele and Boriello) or who were 1 season wonders (ex Diamanti and Corradi)
Indeed. A majority of the poor purchases, such as Bianchi, Corradi, Osvaldo etc have been mediocre after returning to Italy.

It's like Italian sides buying Lambert, old Owen, Agbonlahor etc. What could they expect?

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Indeed. A majority of the poor purchases, such as Bianchi, Corradi, Osvaldo etc have been mediocre after returning to Italy.

It's like Italian sides buying Lambert, old Owen, Agbonlahor etc. What could they expect?
To be fair, the Serie A is not producing a lot of talent lately and most of it is in Juventus hands (Dybala is clear testament to that). Juventus is fast becoming the Bayern Munich version of the Serie A. I find that a bit of a shame TBH. Italian players may not be the most skilled players around but they tend to have this tactical awareness that very few players in Britain has. Also they are not expensive as long as you avoid the De Laurentis and Elkanns-Agnellis who would skin you alive for a penny.