Paulo Dybala

Ahsan_6386

Which formation (with wingers) suits him the best?

I'm not a fan of diamond formation.
False nine position or support striker I guess . He would be quite effective in a Pep team . He isn't exactly a playmaker nor winger .

Suppose if we can get him and Sancho while getting rid of Lukuka then a formation of something like this . Mostly dream signings and all .

1) 4-3-3 formation
----Martial(LW)-------Dybala(False9)----------Sancho(RW)

2) 4-2-2-2 formation

Sancho(RW)---------------------------------------------Martial(LW)
----------------Dybala(SS)-------------Rashford(9)---------------

MadMike

Can't play wide. Not a 10 (most top sides don't play a 10 anyway) and not good enough up top. There's a reason Juve want rid. No thanks
That’s rubbish. You need to have a look at his stats up top for Juve. Was their top scorer last season.

soapythecat

Dybala is the symbol of everything that we should be avoiding this summer.
If he leaves it’s because Juve don’t want him or can find a better replacement.
Would cost an absolute fortune.
Would want top, top wages.
Would be stepping down in quality of players at the club - this hasn’t worked well for us in recent years.
Anyway, why would a player if his quality want to come to play EL football for a side that is managed by a bloke who looks like he’s won a competition to manage United? Pogba came back having loved the club. Others won’t be so keen to come and who could blame them?
Dybala is everything we need to avoid if we are going to rebuild effectively over a few years in my opinion.

flappyjay

That’s rubbish. You need to have a look at his stats up top for Juve. Was their top scorer last season.
We put Berba on the bench during the season he was top goal scorer, it means nothing. Just like Berba, Dybala is a supreme talent but obviously his talent is not applied well enough for managers to find a place in the team for him. He is a good player but his usefulness is being exaggerated. Without all the hype he is probably a 60m player in the current market but Juve will probably want 80-100m. He is not Hazard level, He is not Neymar level no matter how much people try to claim he is.

MadMike

We put Berba on the bench during the season he was top goal scorer, it means nothing. Just like Berba, Dybala is a supreme talent but obviously his talent is not applied well enough for managers to find a place in the team for him. He is a good player but his usefulness is being exaggerated. Without all the hype he is probably a 60m player in the current market but Juve will probably want 80-100m. He is not Hazard level, He is not Neymar level no matter how much people try to claim he is.
On the bolded: Apart from the previous 5 seasons where obviously his talent was applied and he was an indispensable part of the Juve and Palermo teams. :rolleyes:

No one said he's Hazard or Neymar level. Otherwise he wouldn't be an 80-100m player but +200m plus. You're making strawman arguments all over the place. Like your argument about "hype". Where is the hype exactly? You neither hear the media nor a huge number of fans talk about Dybala and joining in a hype-train. It's merely a handful of posters in here who are using his excellent, long-standing record as proof of his quality, among a sea of negativity. That's what you call hype?

If you wan to talk about hype, take a look at the Joao Felix hype that's going on at the moment. His thread is more than twice the size of this with dozens of posters (most of whom have barely watched him I'd wager, apart from a couple of EL ties) saying how he's the next big thing and that we can't afford to miss out on him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Which formation (with wingers) suits him the best?

I'm not a fan of diamond formation.
He's a false 9 or support striker. You want him dropping deep into pockets of space from the offside line, rather than surging from midfield or wide.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think he’d be a godsend for Rashford’s development.
He’d work well with Rashford. He drops deep and Rashford runs in behind from inside left. That’s Rashford’s best position for me. Don’t get the obsession with him being CF.

MadMike

if we lose Pogba. We should target him to be our number 10
I’d get him regardless, if he wants to come.

Out with Lukaku and Sanchez. Play him either up top with Rashford, or off a Rashford-Martial partnership. I just want to see a player up top again who is good on the ball and clinical around the box.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No thank you, not good enough* and our record with Argies (or all South Americans for that matter) is awful at best

And by that I mean as a figure head for the entire attack

MadMike

No thank you, not good enough* and our record with Argies (or all South Americans for that matter) is awful at best

And by that I mean as a figure head for the entire attack
Aye that Tevez lad was terrible for us. And Heinze, what a shit player.

He wouldn’t be a figure head for our attack anyway, that would probably be Rashford. If by figure head you mean a #9 striker role.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Aye that Tevez lad was terrible for us. And Heinze, what a shit player.

He wouldn’t be a figure head for our attack anyway, that would probably be Rashford. If by figure head you mean a #9 striker role.
No by figure head I mean the player we look to play through

MadMike

No by figure head I mean the player we look to play through
We shouldn’t look at any individual player to play through. It’s a team sport. I don’t see City playing through a particular player, do you?

We need players who are good footballers. Good controls, quick movement and passing. I’m tired as hell of all these Fellaini, Lukaku, Lingards we’ve been clobbered with these past few years that are like bambi on ice skates with the ball at their feet.

Cheekiey

Rashford and him in a 2 up top.

Rashford works better in a 2 and looks for those runs while Dybala looks to drop deeper or play off those runs

jamesjimmybyrondean

Hasn't anyone seen the news of the Juve chief saying Dybala will stay. Or their leaked jersey for next season with Dybala wearing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

RedStarUnited

The Juventus guys we should be looking at is Douglas Costa. He solves so many more issues than this guy will.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Dybala is the symbol of everything that we should be avoiding this summer.
If he leaves it’s because Juve don’t want him or can find a better replacement.
Would cost an absolute fortune.
Would want top, top wages.
Would be stepping down in quality of players at the club - this hasn’t worked well for us in recent years.
Anyway, why would a player if his quality want to come to play EL football for a side that is managed by a bloke who looks like he’s won a competition to manage United? Pogba came back having loved the club. Others won’t be so keen to come and who could blame them?
Dybala is everything we need to avoid if we are going to rebuild effectively over a few years in my opinion.
I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here.
I would much rather get Sancho than Dybala.

Also Dybala isn't a right winger.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think he'd be a great signing, we saw what he was capable of when not playing together with one of the GOATS with club or country.

stepic

he's the kind of guy we should be taking a punt on. instead of trying to buy guys who are at the peak of their powers, taking a chance on someone who has shown he has potential in the past, but is currently not quite at that level. he could be our kind of Coutinho to Liverpool signing.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I really don't think this guy would fit into the premiership very well from the little I have seen of him.

DarkRed

A trade for Martial could work? I mean would Juve go for it, should we go for it?

Suvvernmanc

A trade for Martial could work? I mean would Juve go for it, should we go for it?
If we start playing with 2 strikers and a #10 i would go for that deal. This would be great.

Rashford Dybala
Bruno/Felix

But getting rid of Sanchez and having Martial to rotate with Rashford and Dybala would be great too.

Fer

If we start playing with 2 strikers and a #10 i would go for that deal. This would be great.

Rashford Dybala
Bruno/Felix

But getting rid of Sanchez and having Martial to rotate with Rashford and Dybala would be great too.
Do you prefer diamond formation than 433?

If we are going to sign Felix or Dybala to play him as second striker, who would you sign?

Suvvernmanc

Do you prefer diamond formation than 433?

If we are going to sign Felix or Dybala to play him as second striker, who would you sign?
I prefer the diamond as it's best suited to our current midfielders. But we need a better right fullback to give the width.

Both players play similar roles but Dybala can play wide and drift centrally which would suit a 433 whereas Felix plays as a false 9/second striker so in a diamond like today, Rashford, Dybala and Felix could play a fluid front three.

Rashford Dybala
Felix

If I had to sign one of them it would be Dybala. Close choice though. But we could absolutely sign both if the money was right. Signing 2 players out of Sancho, Felix, Dybala or Bruno Fernandez would be amazing.

Cheekiey

Wasn't even in the squad on Sunday, I think he's leaving at the end of the season ad i'm hoping we land him.

His finishing is worth it alone, 2 striker system with Rashford Or a False 9 with Rashford on the left and someone like Pepe on the right.

NeQuient

He is having a very bad season,he is almost never in the line up it would be a risky buy.

Cheekiey

He is having a very bad season,he is almost never in the line up it would be a risky buy.
Would it? all you have to do is look at the season before last and every other season to see he is a serious player. Just don't think Ronaldo being the main man has done him any favours

The Nani

Still think this fella could be a stroke of genius business for us or anyone who gets him. Incredible how Juve are marginalizing him.

We have to add a quality striker this summer or we’re fecked next season.

redshaw

Would love him here. Comes across a very respectable chap unlike Icardi and his wife. Don't think we'd hear the end of it if they come to United.

Two different players as well.

croadyman

Would love him here. Comes across a very respectable chap unlike Icardi and his wife. Don't think we'd hear the end of it if they come to United.

Two different players as well.
My gut feeling is that he would only sign for a team playing Champions League football,only way he doesn't is by Utd offering daft money and after Sanchez we need to stop doing that

Hoof the ball

If we go for someone like Dybala then it's incumbent that we have a more fluid system in place to accommodate him. He doesn't work in the way Juve have played him. He's a striker or a nine and a half.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Straight swap Lukaku for Dybala, that would be a great deal.

Silas

Think we could get him without having to sell. With Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez on their way out soon, not sure we should let Tony go as well. Lukaku would make more sense, seeing as he's apparently off anyway.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
He has had a bad season and no one can be sure if it was a blip or a sign of a permanent decline.

Seems like a typical United signing :drool: