Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I've become extremely pessimistic over this happening and I can't remember why. Has there been bad news? I don't think there has.

KennyBurner

I want this deal to go through very much but Ive read somewhere that he wants 350k to sign. I find it annoying that he makes such demands knowing he isnt even wanted by Juventus. I dont want another Sanchez situation if this doesn't work out and we have problems trying to move him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
All cities have shite areas, though.
That is true but I lived in Manchester for 6 years until last month and the main reason I moved is because it’s not a nice place to live.

The city centre is alright if you ignore the drug addicts and thieves. Some areas outside of Manchester centre are nice but the main bulk of central Manchester is not nice at all.

I lived in Fallowfield as a student for a while and the annual crime in that area is more than double the town I now live in now which has 100,000 population.

From my experience, Manchester is not nice if you have to live there and are not biased to the City you live in. A weekend visit to the City is nice as you don’t see the bad stuff. But I wouldn’t recommend living there imo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
“Thought you were selling me to United were you? Off to anything but United.”

Reaction on the caf would be :drool:
I think the caf is fairly pragmatic on this one. If it’s not meant to be it’s not meant to be and we don’t want a player here that isn’t committed. We’ve also got no right to his commitment considering the position we are in.

Dante

Average bang
The difference with London is that it has lots of nice areas outside the centre. It's a sprawling city, with a shitty tourist centre.

Manchester is basically the opposite. Great centre surrounded by grim areas.
Great centre, surrounded by grim areas, surrounded by great areas.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Dybala's preference has come out while he/his representatives are in talks with a club that want to buy him. Dembele's while he does not have that club negotiating to sign him and has nothing to gain from saying anything other than what he did. The two situations are totally different.
Dybala’s preference came out through him? His agent? Or just media spewing random shit? Do you actually have a quote of Dybala saying he doesn’t want to move here?

KennyBurner

That is true but I lived in Manchester for 6 years until last month and the main reason I moved is because it’s not a nice place to live.

The city centre is alright if you ignore the drug addicts and thieves. Some areas outside of Manchester centre are nice but the main bulk of central Manchester is not nice at all.

I lived in Fallowfield as a student for a while and the annual crime in that area is more than double the town I now live in now which has 100,000 population.

From my experience, Manchester is not nice if you have to live there and are not biased to the City you live in. A weekend visit to the City is nice as you don’t see the bad stuff. But I wouldn’t recommend living there imo.
There is no metrocity on this planet that doesnt have a high crime rate. Thats just how cities are. Manchester shouldn't be any different.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Car crash of a season, shite transfer window so far, rivals winning things...

Yet here I am refreshing the page every chance I get for an update

This club will kill me
Best thing to do is come on here once a week max, then if anything good has happened, you'll be pleasantly surprised and if not, what's new?

That's what i'm doing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I find these reports seriously funny. How on earth would somebody know what he has said to hes friends? A reporter in the bushes? phone tapping? :lol:
Asked the friend maybe?

Smores

I don't think Dybala's going to be queuing with the students in Fallowfield to get a happy days pizza though.

Cloud7

“Thought you were selling me to United were you? Off to anything but United.”

Reaction on the caf would be :drool:
In before Glaston appears to interpret this as him dreaming about Spurs.

dove

Last 5 pages is basically Manchester vs Turin. Each is a liveable city ffs. UK is a shithole tho

Is Turin that much warmer than Manchester? Say there's only a couple of degrees in it. It has a lot more sunny days, but warmth I'd say there isn't much in it. Rain wise, I think northern Italian cities get more rain per year on average than Uk cities, but less rainy days. So the rain is heavier when it does happen.
I live in Northern Italy after having grown up in Manchester. Trust me, there's no comparison.

If he moves, it's not for the weather or the city.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The difference with London is that it has lots of nice areas outside the centre. It's a sprawling city, with a shitty tourist centre.

True to a certain extent. Most inner city areas of larger cities in the UK are shite, but Manchester has some amazing areas that you can easily access on the tram or train lines from the centre. Definitely something they need to improve though, they need much more vibrant spots like Chorlton or Didsbury (specially West). Gentrification is happening rapidly in Manchester though.

You’d have to go pretty far from the commercial centre in London to find complete shithole places like Cheetham Hill or Rusholme, which are right next to Manchester City Centre!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Turin's only redeeming feature is that it's about an hour away to the alps, less than two hours to the ligurian coast and less than two hours(1 hour by train) to Milan, the Greatest City In The World

It's the manchester of italy, really

mad1max954

Utter rubbish! Chorlton, Didsbury, Alty, Hale, Cheadle even Urmston is up and coming. Thats before you get into deepest Cheshire.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

I live in Stretford and am somewhat indifferent to living in or next to Manchester as a whole. If you offered me a similar level of salary, job stability and prospects in an array of European cities and towns, I wouldn't still be here.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Turin's only redeeming feature is that it's about an hour away to the alps, less than two hours to the ligurian coast and less than two hours(1 hour by train) to Milan, the Greatest City In The World

It's the manchester of italy, really
Theres a train to New York from Turin. Well I'll be damned...

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
There is no metrocity on this planet that doesnt have a high crime rate. Thats just how cities are. Manchester shouldn't be any different.
You sound like Sadiq Khan justifying stabbings in London because it’s part of living in a big city. Doesn’t hide the fact that the big cities are shit holes

Dybala wouldn't be living in Longsight.
I wasn’t saying that, I was responding to a post saying Manchester is nice.

@The holy trinity 68
Thankfully Dybala would just lurk about in Cheshire.
Same as my post above.

I grew up there, mate :)
I meant no offence, sorry about that.

I don't think Dybala's going to be queuing with the students in Fallowfield to get a happy days pizza though.
I was just making the point that Manchester isn’t nice. Not about where Dybala is going to live.

Carrington training ground is not far from Lymm and Knutsford which are amazing areas to live.

Nick7

I live in Northern Italy after having grown up in Manchester. Trust me, there's no comparison.

If he moves, it's not for the weather or the city.
Again I ain’t really saying they’re comparable. But average temperatures aren't that much higher there compared to Mediterranean cities. That was all I was getting at.

But yeah northern Italy is probably a lot nicer in a lot of different ways other than heat.

MUFC OK

A pretty absurd point to make, your experience of living in an area like fallowfield as a student, versus the experience of a multimillionaire footballer on £350,000. Ever heard of Alderley edge, knutsford, hale etc?

I live in the edge of Salford not far from Deansgate and the centre and it’s a great place to live with a lot going on, no local bias here.

Status
Not open for further replies.