g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nialinho

The difference with London is that it has lots of nice areas outside the centre. It's a sprawling city, with a shitty tourist centre.

Manchester is basically the opposite. Great centre surrounded by grim areas.
You're probably right. I just don't like the vibe down South, everyone is in their own bubble and there isn't the friendliness that you get up North.

I visit London a fair bit because my Dad lives in Highgate not far from the Emirates which is very affluent and you still have to put your phone away near the tube station because you're at risk of some thug on a moped robbing you :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
These threads man :lol: arguing if Manchester is a shit hole or not :lol: and people just wanting to show off their knowledge of the various areas of the city.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He'll be so rich that his window-view in Manchester will be the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
A pretty absurd point to make, your experience of living in an area like fallowfield as a student, versus the experience of a multimillionaire footballer on £350,000. Ever heard of Alderley edge, knutsford, hale etc?

I live in the edge of Salford not far from Deansgate and the centre and it’s a great place to live with a lot going on, no local bias here.
I lived at Piccadilly, and Old Trafford as well, and I have worked in different areas of Manchester, I know the city pretty well tbh.

I wasn’t even arguing about Dybala, I was responding to a comment saying Manchester is nice.

In regards to the bolded part, Deansgate is a nice place and that part of Salford you are on about is decent. But that is few and far between.

Manchester has a lot of stuff to do which is great, but the majority of areas within a 5 mile radius of the centre are not great places to live.

In your opinion
Not really an opinion that the climate of Northern Italy is a whole lot better than that of Northern England. Unless you really like grey skies and drizzle, of course.

Infestissumam

Manchester has a lot of stuff to do which is great, but the majority of areas within a 5 mile radius of the centre are not great places to live.
and I sure wouldn't argue against that. I was there twice for a few days, what would I know? Simply stated I found it okay, I've been to much worse cities for sure.

Jordan_mufc

Can we take the Manchester vs Turin debate elsewhere? I keep seeing updates to this thread and get excited.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You guys realize he'll be a player of MANCHESTER UNITED not any other Manchester Resident? Half the time they're in other cities. A majority of that in London and other European cities too.

The idea of footy players caring so much about location is overblown. They know very well they have 5-6 years of big money minting days. They're gonna worry about retiring in a cozy place after that not yet.

RedDevilRoshi

Is this meeting still happening between Dybala & Sarri? I've been at work and doesn't seem to be that many updates coming through to either get excited about or to prepare yourself for a major meltdown on this place.

In regards to the debate about Manchester as a city. It isn't that bad a place as some folk make it out to be. The way some people go on about it, you'd think it is Mordor from Middle Earth!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
What do people have against rain? I've always found it much more fun to play football in the rain than in the heat.
Right. And it's not as if he'll have to share a bedsit with Morrissey.

dove

You guys realize he'll be a player of MANCHESTER UNITED not any other Manchester Resident? Half the time they're in other cities. A majority of that in London and other European cities too.

The idea of footy players caring so much about location is overblown. They know very well they have 5-6 years of big money minting days. They're gonna worry about retiring in a cozy place after that not yet.
I don't think players care as much as their WAGs. They are the ones usually staying at home with tons of money to spend, it can get boring pretty soon.

Lemansky

Quotes by Ole on Dybala to a podcast before we where linked with Dybala:

We have scouts who have seen ... but if you say we need a false 9, then we don't have to scout at Messi or Dybala. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to say that "we take him," Solskær said - at a time when such a transition seemed far less likely.

For you guys who don’t think he will fit our system.

Last edited:

Ronaldo's Love Child

FFS. Can we stop talking about the merits of Manchester suburbs compared to Turin, Barcelona etc ?. It's like watching an episode of Location, Location, Location.

Reactions: SteveJ

SATA

FFS what a waste of my time scrolling down the last couple of pages. If i want to know the pros and cons of Turin vs Manchester, i'll go to google, not here :mad:

Ronaldo's Love Child

Spurs pouncing for fernandes. If this fails it’s party time on here.
"Pouncing" suggests some element of skill and agility by the Tottenham board but I suspect we've never seriously been in for him. In fact, I call BS on most of the transfer stories that we read about.

Only stories with any real foundation are:
Dybala to United
Lukaku to Inter/Juve
Maguire to United
Longstaff to United but we're nowhere near their valuation and they don't want to sell.
Pogba to Real but likely won't happen if Bale stays.

The only one in our control is Maguire........

Hawks2008

Quotes by Ole on Dybala to a podcast before we where linked with Dybala:

We have scouts who have seen ... but if you say we need a false 9, then we don't have to scout at Messi or Dybala. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to say that "we take him," Solskær said - at a time when such a transition seemed far less likely.

For you guys who don’t think he will fit our system.

I wonder if Ole knows that he is from Argentina and Di Maria is also from Argentina so therefore they are they same person and Dybala will flop.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
"Pouncing" suggests some element of skill and agility by the Tottenham board but I suspect we've never seriously been in for him. In fact, I call BS on most of the transfer stories that we read about.

Only stories with any real foundation are:
Dybala to United
Lukaku to Inter/Juve
Maguire to United
Longstaff to United but we're nowhere near their valuation and they don't want to sell.
Pogba to Real but likely won't happen if Bale stays.

The only one in our control is Maguire........
Tbf I just used “pouncing” because I find it a funny term to use in transfer swoops. It annoys some people as well.

Infestissumam

once a reliable journalist like Hirst speculates about formations ... it's got to happen, right? RIGHT???

SCJY

I wonder if Ole knows that he is from Argentina and Di Maria is also from Argentina so therefore they are they same person and Dybala will flop.
Also: Angel di Maria has the letter "A" appears in his surname 2 times and Paolo Dybala has the letter "A" appear in his surname two time. Guaranteed flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.