Feck it, all out attack
McTominay
Bruno - Pogba
Rashford -Dybala - Martial

Matic
Gomes - Fred
Greenwood - Sanchez - Chong​
Dybala as the Firmino
Martial and Rashford as the inside forwards.
Get a high line, squeeze the opposition. Bruno is hard working, so is Scott. Just need it to rub off on Pogba and we're back :drool::lol:
Bruno and Dybala, you’ve a lot more confidence in Woody than he has of himself.

Renegade

Not sure if i want Dybala if he’s being pressured or forced to come here. He probably won’t like gloomy Manchester too
Hopefully he likes it as much as Aguero,Otemendi,Zabeleta, and Tevez. Hopefully.

Deep down I can’t see this happening.

FujiVice

I remember when Graeme Souness bought Neil Ruddock and he said "everyone wants to play with Dicks."

Alemar

Somehow I think it's a real possibiity, and that Darmian will be made part of the deal too.

In Rainbows

It would be di Maria all over again I fear
Thing is, with players that talented, they're a lot easier to sell. I would also say that it won't be Di Maria because he'll have better teammates than Di Maria had.

I think our fan base has a problem. Our fan base likes to single out our most talented players for failing to carry the deadwood. Players with half the talent don't get focused on because they're perceived as trying or playing for the shirt. In the case of Di Maria, there is some warrented criticism as he never wanted to be here, but at the same time, he was still rather productive compared to our deadwood.

Infestissumam

Hopefully he likes it as much as Aguero,Otemendi,Zabeleta, and Tevez. Hopefully.

Deep down I can’t see this happening.
to be fair, Romero has been here for 4 years despite being #2 so he seems to like it too. Rojo seems to like it so much that we can't get rid of him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It would be di Maria all over again I fear
No it won’t. Better players, better system and a better style of play would suit Dybala. In fact it would have suited Di Maria if we signed him today instead of 4 years ago. Di Maria wasn’t a Van Gaal signing. He was a Ed Woodward wanting a galactico signing. Dybala is/will be a Solskjaer signing in the sense that the manager wants this player cause he would fit the system the manager employs.

Rish Sawhney

Thing is, with players that talented, they're a lot easier to sell. I would also say that it won't be Di Maria because he'll have better teammates than Di Maria had.

I think our fan base has a problem. Our fan base likes to single out our most talented players for failing to carry the deadwood. Players with half the talent don't get focused on because they're perceived as trying or playing for the shirt. In the case of Di Maria, there is some warrented criticism as he never wanted to be here, but at the same time, he was still rather productive compared to our deadwood.
Actually he wasn't. The problem was our deadwood were outperforming him.

RDCR07

This deal makes so much sense for us. If this is all true we should be all over it. Get rid of Lukaku and maybe Darmian meaning we get rid of around 275K per week in wages and replace them with Dybala’s wages so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Tiber

Must. Not. Believe.

Even if the Juve deal is true, its hard to see why he would want to sign up for our top 4 battle. God id love to see us someone pull this off though

Last edited:

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
This deal makes so much sense for us. If this is all true we should be all over it. Get rid of Lukaku and maybe Darmian meaning we get rid of around 275K per week in wages and replace them with Dybala’s wages so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Does it though? He can only play through the left or as a #10 according to the Juve fans, not ideal for what we're trying to work with Martial

Sterling Archer

Too good to be true.
Seems that way, doesn't it?

The only thing is Sarri's close man reporting it means it's actually a possibility. Have to wonder how we got that feckin lucky being able to swap Lukaku for him. Imagine topping off next season moving Alexis and getting Sancho in.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Does it though? He can only play through the left or as a #10 according to the Juve fans, not ideal for what we're trying to work with Martial
Martial is going to play as a striker. His true position.

RDCR07

Look we can play different systems across a season. Just one of them would be a 4-4-2 diamond with Rash and Martial up top with Dybala just behind. If we needed width then Martial drifts left and Rashford drifts right and you have a proper false nine who is capable of playing there.

It’s good to have different options. I don’t even consider Sanchez as as option. Greenwood will need time to develop. James was just signed. Lingard is well Lingard and Mata is not good enough to start big games. We need talent up top and Dybala is a young and top talent.

Instead of selling Lukaku and going out and looking for a striker and getting one who isn’t good enough like Dembele or Yedder, swapping with Dybala is so much better.

ChaddyP

No it won’t. Better players, better system and a better style of play would suit Dybala. In fact it would have suited Di Maria if we signed him today instead of 4 years ago. Di Maria wasn’t a Van Gaal signing. He was a Ed Woodward wanting a galactico signing. Dybala is/will be a Solskjaer signing in the sense that the manager wants this player cause he would fit the system the manager employs.
I was speaking to the fact of a player coming here that wasn't really inclined to come. Doesn't matter who we have in the line up. It's about a player that is here and giving his 100 because he wanted to come here.

RDCR07

I was speaking to the fact of a player coming here that wasn't really inclined to come. Doesn't matter who we have in the line up. It's about a player that is here and giving his 100 because he wanted to come here.
We as fans need to get over this “only sign players who want to come here” bulllshit. This characteristic is seen less and less in today’s footballing world where money talks more. They are all professionals and this is their job similar to us regular people having jobs. We will go where the money is. Same with footballers.

Alemar

Instead of selling Lukaku and going out and looking for a striker and getting one who isn’t good enough like Dembele or Yedder, swapping with Dybala is so much better.
Dybala is not just a replacement to Lukaku. Dybala can take direct free kicks, Dybala can take penalties - we would also improve in these areas as a result

RDCR07

Dybala is not just a replacement to Lukaku. Dybala can take direct free kicks, Dybala can take penalties - we would also improve in these areas as a result
Set pieces are an added bonus. It’s not a make or break statistic that’s going to decide this signing.

Canagel

It looks like that'll be Rashfords place to lose. I don't see a place for Dybala in the squad without creating more problems with Martial
There shouldn't be problems if all the players are in their right positions . Martial 9, Dybala 10, Rashford LW/11. They should also take those shirt numbers.

RDCR07

It looks like that'll be Rashfords place to lose. I don't see a place for Dybala in the squad without creating more problems with Martial
It’s a long season with 50+ games. And we have Europa league on Thursday nights. We could use another option up top to keep our players fresh. Plus if we have injuries having him capable of playing up top also helps.

ChaddyP

We as fans need to get over this “only sign players who want to come here” bulllshit. This characteristic is seen less and less in today’s footballing world where money talks more. They are all professionals and this is their job similar to us regular people having jobs. We will go where the money is. Same with footballers.

I as a fan can't get over it and see it as vital to getting 100 out of people. That work for you. As a person that manages people I see first hand how people lack motivation when they clearly don't want to be where they are. No matter how much money you throw at them. If he has to be forced to come here it's not a good sign. It reminds me of di Maria who really just wanted to go to Paris. Came here and shit the bed when things were a bit tough. fecked off to Paris right after. I am allowed to be apprehensive of players that don't want to be here. Its not easy to give your all. That's just human nature

RDCR07

There shouldn't be problems if all the players are in their right positions . Martial 9, Dybala 10, Rashford LW/11. They should also take those shirt numbers.
Don’t necessarily think they are going to stick one position throughout the game. They are all capable of interchanging positions and that could work in our favor with defenders not knowing what to expect.

RDCR07

Is a midfield of Pogba and McTominay good enough to beat other teams? Bare in mind that we had those two and Herrera at times last season without much joy.
If those two are in CM then there is a good chance it’s against a lesser team. If we sign Dybala and those three start in big games then definitely Matic will be in midfield to provide added support alongside Scott.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If those two are in CM then there is a good chance it’s against a lesser team. If we sign Dybala and those three start in big games then definitely Matic will be in midfield to provide added support alongside Scott.
Pogba dropped for big games though? I just can't see it. I would admire Ole's intent on all out attack though if this is really what he wants.

RDCR07

Pogba dropped for big games though? I just can't see it. I would admire Ole's intent on all out attack though if this is really what he wants.
No I meant it would be a diamond midfield with Dybala, Pogba, Scott and Matic.

Canagel

Is a midfield of Pogba and McTominay good enough to beat other teams? Bare in mind that we had those two and Herrera at times last season without much joy.
Yes and vs all the small teams it should be more than enough firepower. In the big matches we can use a front three and put 3 CM's. Or even two up top in the diamond formation.

Art Vandelay

Aren't you the guy that claimed changing Martial's shirt number had some sort of voodoo effect on him? Now you're advocating for taking Rashford's?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes and vs all the small teams it should be more than enough firepower. In the big matches we can use a front three and put 3 CM's. Or even two up top in the diamond formation.
I beg to differ, I watched the likes of Watford etc carve our midfield apart last season. Is basically a 1 man midfield defensively. As i said though, it would be very ballsy of Ole and i couldn't complain about being too attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.