Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah I recall something like that as well. I think the issue is more complex than has been made out. Really, my gripe is this idea that Dybala is Di Maria 2.0
You don't think there are similarties?

Both players didn't want to leave their club and join United. I don't remember anyway calling DiMaria greedy, the link is just that they seem not to really want the move and would be forced into it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm just trying to understand if that was an issue for us or not, or if it was just an image rights issue like the OP said.
Also regarding the image rights, wasn't there some issue anyway with Dybala being sued?
I'm just sharing my thoughts on agent fees being a potential issue, in my opinion that would be ridiculous in the context of this deal. I wasn't judging your question.:)

And apparently the company that used to deal with his image rights are suing him for unlawfully breaking his contract with them.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Meh … league titles in a one-horse, inferior league? If they played in the Prem they'd be a in dog-fight for top 4 and might well finish below "tiny" Spurs. That's the reality.
Yeah, I think Spurs winning 2 league titles in 100 years is to do with how competitive and superior the English league is. Nothing to do with the fact they aren't a massive, historically successful club (and are in fact quite the opposite). :nervous:

Lemansky

Yeah I recall something like that as well. I think the issue is more complex than has been made out. Really, my gripe is this idea that Dybala is Di Maria 2.0
That’s he is an Di Maria 2.0 is just lazy comparisons, but easily done by the media. Every negotiation is unique. Woodward has shown in the past that he will go a long way when offering contract, for us to pull out there is major obstacles that could not be resolved. The ones who will know what these obstacles is would be the ones privy to the negotiations.

redshaw

Last edited:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
feck me I hope glaston spur is not trying to hint at Spurs being as big as Juventus, because that would be very silly

Pace Abuser

Seems to me that because Dybala is being sued, he can't hand the image rights over or break a current contract. For whatever reasons beyond our knowledge.
While wanting to maintain the elite wages he feels he should be on.
The club want him to take a hit on the wages because he is maintaining control over his image rights and whatever's going on with them remains his problem.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

In Italy, salary figures are given after tax. Dybala is on €7.5m net, confirmed by Agresti who is Tier 1 for Juventus.

Turns out his salary request was fine. What threw United off is his wish to keep image rights. Greedy commerical minded United would not budge on that. Nothing to do with being Argentinian.
What threw United off, was Dybala had no interest in joining us. This salary stuff is nonsense, £18m annual salary works at £350,000 a week. United were paying a completely past it Rooney £300k a week like 5 years ago and now you're telling me we balked at Dybalas' salary demand?

Stop drinking the koolaid which Woodward wants you to drink my friend.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Or he notices the number of players who will have regretted the move to United in recent years.
Yeah, we've barely had a transfer since SAF who loved being here. Even Herrera who was passionate about United fecked off to PSG. Gunning for top 6 and the europa league just isn't romantic no matter the history of the club. We're basicly Liverpool 5 years ago. Just a bit more wealthy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Meh … league titles in a one-horse, inferior league? If they played in the Prem they'd be a in dog-fight for top 4 and might well finish below "tiny" Spurs. That's the reality.
It's other way around. If Spurs was in Serie A, they would be battling with likes of Fiorentina without huge TV money.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's other way around. If Spurs was in Serie A, they would be battling with likes of Fiorentina without huge TV money.
I see. So the Italian league is a stronger, more competitive league than the Prem :lol:

roonster09

Scout
The website doesn't say that the quoted figures are net - so you're simultaneously adding in your own spin on the figures cited and calling the figures crap.

This website also gives the same figures: https://sillyseason.com/salary/juventus-players-salaries-69069/
Stop believing bs like sillyseason, totalsportshit. Do some research and search for articles by Di Marzio, pedulla, Romeo Agresti.

Serie A wages are net wages, he is on 7-7.5 million, reported by all the reputed journalists.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Google translate:
Because despite the great offer Manchester United has not yet accepted it seems clear not from today

I've got no idea what it means.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Whether or not he wants to be here, the way we have chased this transfer has been embarrassing. When you chase a player, you find out if they want to be here then you go to the club and arrange the deal. It's obvious that our board are chasing Dybala as a last minute impulse buy.

It's becoming clearer that there was no plan to sign midfield and forward options, and it's probably the case that we are linking ourselves with players to create the illusion that we are still acting like a big club. At the end of the window we could have conducted the following transfer business:

Ins: Maguire, AWB, James
Outs: Lukaku, Darmian, Hererra, Valencia

We'll have freed up more wages than we are paying out and we'll have probably spent around £50 million.

Tells you all you need to know about the Glazer strategy.

roonster09

Scout
Whether or not he wants to be here, the way we have chased this transfer has been embarrassing. When you chase a player, you find out if they want to be here then you go to the club and arrange the deal. It's obvious that our board are chasing Dybala as a last minute impulse buy.

It's becoming clearer that there was no plan to sign midfield and forward options, and it's probably the case that we are linking ourselves with players to create the illusion that we are still acting like a big club. At the end of the window we could have conducted the following transfer business:

Ins: Maguire, AWB, James
Outs: Lukaku, Darmian, Hererra, Valencia

We'll have freed up more wages than we are paying out and we'll have probably spent around £50 million.

Tells you all you need to know about the Glazer strategy.
It was Juventus who approached ManUtd for the swap deal. We checked with the player and looks like he is not interested, so the case is closed. What is embarrassing in that?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They weren't leaderless, the transition was done a delivered by JC Blanc. The issue is that during that time Juventus weren't attractive and weren't particularly wealthy. Your constant Juventus PR is just weird. As Lash said the first part isn't true and they struggled to find players for a long time.
Actually they were wealthy. They just kept spending money on crap, which with the introduction of FFP left them skint and forced to shop at the bargain bin for a number of years. Luckily for them between Conte on the bench and Marotta-Paratici pulling off miracles, they started winning again and eventually got to were they are now

Pre-FFP they were successfull by being one of the richest clubs in the world. And he obviously must not remember them going 9 years without winning Serie A between 1986 and 1995...granted, they did win the UEFA Cup twice and lost another final during that period...

Womp

idiot

Google translate:
Because despite the great offer Manchester United has not yet accepted it seems clear not from today

Surely there's someone who speaks Italian that can give us a proper translation? :lol:

Kush

feck me I hope glaston spur is not trying to hint at Spurs being as big as Juventus, because that would be very silly
He was genuinely comparing both, Spurs wage bill is £148m. Juventus are paying Ronaldo £57m alone yet he tried to suggest investing £1B in a new stadium is same as spending large sums on one single player :lol:

BeltUp

Supports
United
It was Juventus who approached ManUtd for the swap deal. We checked with the player and looks like he is not interested, so the case is closed. What is embarrassing in that?
The fact that we never had a strategy. If we had a DoF, for instance, we would have had a plan and followed it. You put the feelers out long before the transfer window and get the transfers done ASAP. Instead we have Woodward running round Europe with Daddy Glazer's credit card trying to sign any player who will up our social media presence and marketability.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Actually they were wealthy. They just kept spending money on crap, which with the introduction if FFP left them skint and forced to shop at the bargain bin for a number of years. Luckily for them between Conte on the bench and Marotta-Paratici pulling off miracles, they started winning again and eventually got to were they are now

Pre-FFP they were successfull by being one of the richest clubs in the world. And he obviously must not remember them going 9 years without winning Serie A between 1986 and 1995...granted, they did win the UEFA Cup the once during that period...
We were talking about 2007-2010, they weren't particularly wealthy during that period and needed to rebuild their finances due to a lack of European and for one year Serie A football.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Inside of 24 months Dybala wont be at Juve, he'll mostly be benched, rotated and will have several Italian transfers and be just another decent player.

roonster09

Scout
The fact that we never had a strategy. If we had a DoF, for instance, we would have had a plan and followed it. You put the feelers out long before the transfer window and get the transfers done ASAP. Instead we have Woodward running round Europe with Daddy Glazer's credit card trying to sign any player who will up our social media presence and marketability.
Yeah, DoF is the answer for everything.

fecking hell, people still fall for this media presence and marketability bs. Maguire and AWB are for sure marketable players and we spend 130 million on them.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nothing at all.
The Dybala deal is one of those unexpected ones that just cropped up out of the blue, a player of that calibre potentially becoming available, you have to go along with it, even if he wasn't in your original plans.

It may or may not happen, but you cannot just turn your nose up at such an opportunity.

roonster09

Scout
Nothing at all.
The Dybala deal is one of those unexpected ones that just cropped up out of the blue, a player of that calibre potentially becoming available, you have to go along with it, even if he wasn't in your original plans.

It may or may not happen, but you cannot just turn your nose up at such an opportunity.
Exactly. We have Inter who wanted Lukaku and kept on making low ball offers and on the other hand you have Juventus who out of nowhere wanted Lukaku and offered Dybala in straight swap. We would have been fools not to even try to sign the player.

BeltUp

Supports
United

fecking hell, people still fall for this media presence and marketability bs. Maguire and AWB are for sure marketable players and we spend 130 million on them.
It was an impulse purchase that doesn't fit in with long-term planning. If there was a long-term plan to bring in midfielders or forwards, why aren't they here? If there was no plan to bring in forwards or midfielders, why are we going for Dybala?

edit: I have no more posts left on this forum so that's me done for today.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feck all, the jilted lover vibe coming from some in here is what's embarrassing....

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Surely there's someone who speaks Italian that can give us a proper translation? :lol:
sounds like he is saying despite Utd's great offer Dybala has still not accepted it and as of today, it looks like he won't be either

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
that Pessotto ended up 'accidentally' falling out of Juventus HQ window.
He did not accidentally fall, he jumped. He attempted suicide as he was suffering from acute depression. I don't see how this is relevant to your point though

Also Lapo did not in fact have anything to do with juventus. Cobolli-Gigli, Blanc and Secco were put in charge. They did a horrible job and were replaced

Kush

Google translate:

Even though Dybala has rejected a great offer from Man Utd, its still not clear if Dybala will stay at Juve.

People are concerned by recent rumors that we may legitimately not sign a replacement for Lukaku, just like we didn't for Fellaini and Herrera. A DoF would be more proactive when it comes to these situations like plugging holes in our squad.

Sterling Archer

In Italy, salary figures are given after tax. Dybala is on €7.5m net, confirmed by Agresti who is Tier 1 for Juventus.

What threw United off, was Dybala had no interest in joining us. This salary stuff is nonsense, £18m annual salary works at £350,000 a week. United were paying a completely past it Rooney £300k a week like 5 years ago and now you're telling me we balked at Dybalas' salary demand?

Stop drinking the koolaid which Woodward wants you to drink my friend.
Think you've either quoted the wrong person or misunderstood me. I am one of the most biased anti Woodward people out there. I take everything that comes from the club with a grain of salty salt

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He did not accidentally fall, he jumped. He attempted suicide as he was suffering from acute depression. I don't see how this is relevant to your point though

Also Lapo did not in fact have anything to do with juventus. Cobolli-Gigli, Blanc and Secco were put in charge. They did a horrible job and were replaced
That's why I used the ''

I agree with everything you said altough I do remember lapo himself saying that he was involved.

Pace Abuser

The club have acted reasonably throughout. It was a way of shipping Lukaku and getting a replacement. What more can you ask for? We checked, tried to do a deal in ONE weekend and walked away when it got silly.

roonster09

Scout
People are concerned by recent rumors that we may legitimately not sign a replacement for Lukaku, just like we didn't for Fellaini and Herrera. A DoF would be more proactive when it comes to these situations like plugging holes in our squad.
I get that, not sure why anyone would think it's embarrassing to deal with Dybala just because it was not a strategy or initial plan. We wanted Lukaku replacement (going by reports and Ole's interview) and we were getting one readily handed over to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.