Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schweinsteiger

Guys.. it’s over. He’s not coming! Until we hear that he has accepted an agreement of some kind with us (highly unlikely) there’s nothing more to write. Don’t get how this thread has now over 200 pages.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Guys.. it’s over. He’s not coming! Until we hear that he has accepted an agreement of some kind with us (highly unlikely) there’s nothing more to write. Don’t get how this thread has now over 200 pages.
I’d say most of them came before he rejected us.

witchtrials

In fairness, while I agree with people saying it's better that we decided to stop short of waving a blank cheque at Dybala, I think a lot of the outpouring of frustration is because the transfer seemed to offer late redemption for a transfer window in which we've addressed less than half of the obvious issues with our squad. With the collapse this transfer the frustration is back with a vengeance. But it's the wider situation that needs addressing, rather than just conceding to whatever it takes to sign Dybala.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Maybe if you are dumb enough to conclude that from my post.
You said Spurs in Serie A would be battling with Fiorentina, who finished in 16th place last season.

So if, according to you, 4th-placed Spurs (in the Prem) would drop to battling for 16th if they played in Serie A, then there is no other conclusion to be drawn except that you believe Serie A to be the stronger league … and not just stronger, but far stronger.

I'm sorry, but you are just embarrassing yourself.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Google translate:
Because despite the great offer Manchester United has not yet accepted it seems clear not from today

I've got no idea what it means.
Weird chioce of words indeed, but the gist of it is despite him not accepting united's big offer it has been clear for some time [that juventus want to sell]

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Probably because in football anything can happen. We can brief saying we're done and that we're no longer pursuing a deal, then 24 hours later, his agent could come back and say ok we'll drop this demand or lower that.
Things can change in football very very quickly, and if Sarri tells him that he's definitely not in his plans, and that he won't play and needs to find a new club, then things will get very interesting.
Most likely it IS done and he won't come, but who knows.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We were talking about 2007-2010, they weren't particularly wealthy during that period and needed to rebuild their finances due to a lack of European and for one year Serie A football.
They were. Owners pumped a lot of money into the club. Issue is they were unable to attract the top tier of players and ended up splurging on crap

EDIT nope you're right, they weren't. Was getting that mixed up with the first two years of Marotta-Paratici...

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You said Spurs in Serie A would be battling with Fiorentina, who finished in 16th place last season.

So if, according to you, 4th-placed Spurs (in the Prem) would drop to battling for 16th if they played in Serie A, then there is no other conclusion to be drawn except that you believe Serie A to be the stronger league … and not just stronger, but far stronger.

I'm sorry, but you are just embarrassing yourself.
First thing first, stop talking about embarrassment. There is no one as embarrassing as you on caf and possibly on any football related forums. But that's for another thread.

I said "It's other way around. If Spurs was in Serie A, they would be battling with likes of Fiorentina without huge TV money."

You are in this position thanks to TV money, that is credit to the league. If you were in Serie A or other league, your revenue and everything would be at lot lower and the chances are you would be in Fiorentina's position who have won as many trophies as Spurs historically. Not exactly in their 16th place but in general how Fiorentina and other teams in that tier operates.

Jericholyte2

I do love this, "We'll Di Maria was shit so we've dodged a bullet" nonsense. Aguero didn't go to a city for the prestige and every player goes for money, it's all dependent on the mentality of the player as to how professional we are.

By the same standing we should sign every Portuguese winger cause Ronaldo turned our to be the GOAT, or we should only ever have Scottish managers (and we kow how that turned out).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was an impulse purchase that doesn't fit in with long-term planning. If there was a long-term plan to bring in midfielders or forwards, why aren't they here? If there was no plan to bring in forwards or midfielders, why are we going for Dybala?

edit: I have no more posts left on this forum so that's me done for today.
Who said there was no plan to bring in forwards? Did all the reports say we will sign replacement if we sell Lukaku? And the reason we haven't signed is because we haven't sold Lukaku and you should check our squad size, as it is we have few players who will be left unregistered. So it's not surprising that we didn't sign Lukaku's replacement when it wasn't sure he will be sold.

Then Juventus offered the perfect deal, replacement and taking the player we didn't want. You don't always plan everything in the transfer market, few times few good deals just falls in place and you should take that chance.

TRUERED89

I cant believe we have a chance to sign world class player like Dybala and we just move away.
We don't want a repeat of Di Maria, if he wants to extort United to come here, the club has definitely done the right thing in pulling out! its quite obvious they've demanded ridiculous wages so Juve cant push him out! If he wants to rot on the bench during his prime years then go knock yourself out Paulo!

SaintMuppet

In fairness, while I agree with people saying it's better that we decided to stop short of waving a blank cheque at Dybala, I think a lot of the outpouring of frustration is because the transfer seemed to offer late redemption for a transfer window in which we've addressed less than half of the obvious issues with our squad. With the collapse this transfer the frustration is back with a vengeance. But it's the wider situation that needs addressing, rather than just conceding to whatever it takes to sign Dybala.
Pretty much this in a nutshell.

It could’ve been Dybala or any number of high profile players. Hopes were raised then dashed and now people are upset and venting.

Venting at Dybala himself is pretty low, he is just trying to do the best he can for himself in a bad situation. Not everyone sees mufc as the holy grail of clubs to play at especially these days. I suspect most of you if they had to move countries at short notice would be pushing for a raise if you could get it. And if he chooses to stay and fight for his place then fair play to him. But bitching him for not coming is childish. Better that than coming if he is not really up for it.

You know who to blame for the clubs malaise? No not even Ed Woodward. I know he is a bit of an ego we could do with shifting but I’m pretty sure he is doing exactly what the owners want him to do, which is why he is in the position he is.

Blame those that have majority share and make the rules. They are the ones with power to change things. Stop going to games, stop buying merchandise, cancel twitter/instagram etc stop everything mufc related and we might get some change. But most of you won’t be arsed come matchday. You will just come here and moan instead.

Icemav

The managers are being supported but under Sir Alex, we let teams catch up to us and now we're playing catch up at a time fees have exploded. In reality the talk of 'value' hurt us big time and the owners lacked the ambition and foresight to see prices would escalate. So now, we're rewarding average players to pad out the squad and not bringing in the quality to challenge when it was available. We also gave away players that we shouldn't. But back on topic, someone said there could be more twists and turns with this and so I'd expect a strong statement from someone on Juves side if it's officially dead.
A great post. There was an excellent window for investment in the future of the club and we missed it. Now we have to grind our way back to the top and quite frankly thats the best thing to do. A lot of canny investment amd management needed from here moving forward.

Red_Orchestra

For someone who only scored 10 goals in all competitions last year, he's looking like a gold digger for demanding 350k a week, we have enough of those already.

/thread

Jonno

This really did have a Falcao / Di Maria feel about it.

Are we actually learning in the transfer market? I'm actually quite pleased and proud of my club for deciding to walk away based on us having a specific project.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
A great post. There was an excellent window for investment in the future of the club and we missed it. Now we have to grind our way back to the top and quite frankly thats the best thing to do. A lot of canny investment amd management needed from here moving forward.
Good luck expecting that from the Glazers any time soon. Their other sporting team Tampa Bay are consistently run like a joke too. The Glazers don't do clever investment & management.

Alemar

Did dybala talk to Sarri already? Maybe he will change his opinion

Icemav

Good luck expecting that from the Glazers any time soon. Their other sporting team Tampa Bay are consistently run like a joke too. The Glazers don't do clever investment & management.
Agree but thats why its doubly needed. And at the moment that resposibilty falls to Ole. The infrastructure at the club is weak so he needs to craft a path forwards.... though he would already have been aware of that before taking over.

NoLogo

Not too fuzzed about this breaking down tbh. I feel like he wouldn't really have been a good fit for us. I hope we will do something about the DM position before the window closes, going into this season with Matic as a starter makes me feel more than uneasy.

Rolaholic

Still don't know how he can stay at Juve after they so openly tried to force him out

Seen reports from Italy linking him to P$G and Inter now...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Could be anything...

Us hoping he lowers his demands
Which could then lead to woody panicking and paying whatever he wants last day of transfer window
It's actually off
BS in media

Rolaholic

Could be anything...

Us hoping he lowers his demands
Which could then lead to woody panicking and paying whatever he wants last day of transfer window
It's actually off
BS in media
The English media say we walked out of negotiations,the Italian media claim he rejected us. Whatever the truth is,I can't see us going back in for him after such a public briefing yesterday. He's also returned to Juve training today.

Would be very surprised to hear the deal wasn't dead

yamo123x

He doesnt want to come for footballing reasons, that's fine, move on. We dont want any more mercenaries here.

Would rather have Douglas Costa anyway, just what we need, a dribbling winger who can create.

Our priority however should be a midfielder, i would go get Maddison, fits exactly what we need.

Fooza

Surprised this thread is still going along with Bruno. Theyre both dead... with less than 4 days and no other names in the mix I think we're mostly done now.

JoaquinJoaquin

Surprised this thread is still going along with Bruno. Theyre both dead... with less than 4 days and no other names in the mix I think we're mostly done now.
The cynic in me feels like they have left the Maguire announcement until today to delay time as no one else is coming in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He doesnt want to come for footballing reasons, that's fine, move on. We dont want any more mercenaries here.

Would rather have Douglas Costa anyway, just what we need, a dribbling winger who can create.

Our priority however should be a midfielder, i would go get Maddison, fits exactly what we need.
Leicester would want over 100m for Maddison, it's not going to happen.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Agree but thats why its doubly needed. And at the moment that resposibilty falls to Ole. The infrastructure at the club is weak so he needs to craft a path forwards.... though he would already have been aware of that before taking over.
I just hope Ole is successful. He's such a likeable guy. It's disgusting to see the way our past managers have been treated partly because of dumb decision-making above them. I really hope it doesn't happen to him too.

Terminator

Poor example IMO, just because it happened with Di Maria doesn't mean it will happen everytime. He was unprofessional and stopped trying.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The club set a stupid precedent with Sanchez, why wouldn't other footballers of his skill level (which is absolute gash now) demand the same or higher wages? Club basically self imploded by doing that.

Need the underperforming high earners out and a rethink about the wage structure.

Silas

Wonder what his plan is, as it's clear Juve don't want him. Doesn't exactly have many suitors either.

Status
Not open for further replies.