Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This agent fee and the image rights.
I dunno it just sounds like bullshit. We’ve obviously briefed that we didn’t think Dybala wanted to join us, and we don’t want players like that. It would be a massive climb down if he did so now.

Sterling Archer

I dunno it just sounds like bullshit. We’ve obviously briefed that we didn’t think Dybala wanted to join us, and we don’t want players like that. It would be a massive climb down if he did so now.
Or an orchestrated marketing possibility:

Blah Blah Blah 2, featuring Paul and Paulo

Given the talks progress it would be silly for us to turn down a player Ole listed after Messi. The talk with Sarri was probably a nice push and fair to wait for - why leave before you're told face to face by the new boss.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Thought this one wasn't quite done yet, see this going to deadline day.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Thinking about it, i think this is a case now of Dybala using United to force PSG's hand into making an offer/making a better offer.

Rumors tonight of PSG making a bid... it's not as good as what he can get at United. He's now saying he accepts Uniteds offer as a way to get PSG to improve what they're offering so he'll join them instead.
This all depends on whether the reports of PSG actually making an offer for him are true mind... and whether they can actually buy him without selling Neymar, but doesn't it seem odd how he's now willing to accept Uniteds offer on the same day PSG reportedly make an offer to him, one that he's been waiting for?

manutddjw

It’s a conspiracy!!!! Remember when Sir Alex said to if they tell you it’s pasta to check under the sauce? He’s right again.

Inter and Juventus got together to concoct an elaborate ruse on us. Who in their right mind would offer Dybala for Lukaku straight up? They stalled us to where we have no choice but to take Inter’s offer. No doubt Icardi will end up at Juventus for peanuts and we’ll sell well below our valuation of Lukaku to inter before the window closes. Well played by them.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Like him not actually wanting to come here?

If we’ve supposedly agreed wages, and both clubs have agreed the deal with each other then what’s left?
Apparently the issues are agents fees and image rights and the 25% drop in pay for missing CL. That's more than likely bollocks, but there you are.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s a conspiracy!!!! Remember when Sir Alex said to if they tell you it’s pasta to check under the sauce? He’s right again.

Inter and Juventus got together to concoct an elaborate ruse on us. Who in their right mind would offer Dybala for Lukaku straight up? They stalled us to where we have no choice but to take Inter’s offer. No doubt Icardi will end up at Juventus for peanuts and we’ll sell well below our valuation of Lukaku to inter before the window closes. Well played by them.
Do you not realise there is quite a bit of bad blood between the two clubs.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Like him not actually wanting to come here?

If we’ve supposedly agreed wages, and both clubs have agreed the deal with each other then what’s left?
Blindfold, cloroform and zip ties

manutddjw

Do you not realise there is quite a bit of bad blood between the two clubs.
Wasn’t being serious. Still never made sense though a straight swap for Lukaku and Dybala with no cash involved. With Dybala’s contract even if they held him until next summer with the way things are they could probably get at least 120 million for him.

Pace Abuser

Why would PSG want him? If Neymar goes to Barca, they could prise one or both of Dembele and Coutinho.
To my mind, they get a better player in Dembele for the specific position Neymar would vacate. He's also French which adds lustre to having him.
Or Coutinho for the same position as Dybala would play.

Barcelona also can't afford Neymar without a trade option, so PSG are hamstrung in having to go for one of the Barcelona player's.

Dybala doesn't get a look in currently. While also scuppering Juventus' desire for Lukaku.

beingshe7don

No ones paying 120m for Dybala at the moment.
The guy scored 5 goals last season despite being a supporting striker. Why would anyone in their right mind pay 120m? I mean Lukaku for instance whose first touch is absolute crap still scored 15 odd goals for us and is being sold for 70m max....

manunited1919

Refusing to pay agents fee of 15 mil., football is really deep in criminal waters, level of shady increasing each year. Seems nobody wants/cant stop whole thing. What if Dybala really wants to join us but we still refuse to pay agents fee demand of 15mil. , are they working for players or the other way around.
Isn’t his brother an agent in this case?

bleedred

The media wants to keep some headlines going till Thursday. Nothing to see here.

They will just build this up, will he won’t he? Till Thursday evening, even if ole/Ed/glazers/god came out said we are done.

beingshe7don

Why would PSG want him? If Neymar goes to Barca, they could prise one or both of Dembele and Coutinho.
To my mind, they get a better player in Dembele for the specific position Neymar would vacate. He's also French which adds lustre to having him.

Barcelona also can't afford Neymar without a trade option, so PSG are hamstrung in having to go for one of the Barcelona player's.

Dybala doesn't get a look in currently. While also scuppering Juventus' desire for Lukaku.
Dybala and Icardi could do a swap and since both players prefer to remain in Italy, it will work out. Although, we will need to find another buyer for Lukaku.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

So what are they playing at over in Italy?
The guy who reported it is apparently very close to Sarri, so would know whats going on, and he says that talks are still ongoing and that Dybala accepts our offer but other things are holding it up. Meanwhile we've briefed that we're calling everything off, done in such a way that it'd make it hard for us to go back for him.

Has something big changed?
Has hearing that he's not wanted by Sarri caused him to want out under any circumstances to prove a point?
Has he literally ordered his agent to get back in touch with us to tell us that he'll accept our proposals?
Has Juve basically told him they want Lukaku and he's stopping that from happening?
Or, my personal thoughts, Is this utter BS to drag things out for a few more days and attempt to drum up interest in a player that Juve don't want.

As it stands, i personally think this deal is as dead as can be, and one person, no matter how close to Sarri, isn't going to change my mind.

Pace Abuser

Dybala and Icardi could do a swap and since both players prefer to remain in Italy, it will work out. Although, we will need to find another buyer for Lukaku.
Inters highest paid player is Icardi on sub 5 million euros .I think it might be as "low" as 4.3 million. Dybala is currently on 7.5 million euros and would be bumped to 10 million sterling with us.

Assuming Inter can only afford whatever wage Icardi is on and that would make Dybala the highest paid player at the club, Dybala would still be potentially looking at 7 odd million euros net reduction by going to Inter over United, annually.
I don't know the man personally, but I imagine he struggles to sleep at night thinking of such a notion.

croadyman

There is absolutely no point in getting into a battle with PSG for him because we will definitely end up coming off second best, mainly due to the fact that they are able to offer him champions league football and then there is that complication with the image rights as well

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There is absolutely no point in getting into a battle with PSG for him because we will definitely end up coming off second best, mainly due to the fact that they are able to offer him champions league football and then there is that complication with the image rights as well
We finished second best when we were only club in race:lol:

redshaw

The thing now is can Juve sell him to PSG for 60-80 million if true and then use that money for Rom? You'd think we'd have to sell Rom after the window the way this is going. I believe the club would without a replacement.

I'd rather the club let Rom go to his idol Conte if they have a good offer but I doubt we have an actual striker lined up on deadline day if Inter finally dig deep and enter 2019.

Mandzukic and Greenwood as backup to Rashford and Martial could be an option. I doubt Sevilla will be letting their 30 goal striker go just like that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Glaston... I often feel people dismiss the (occasional...) validity of his points because of his rep. I was probably guilty of this too
Anyone who says "no one cares about Juventus winning league" shouldn't be taken seriously. It's a top 3 league and it's like saying no one cares about ManUtd winning league in 90s. Just ridiculous and PL fanboy talk.

Last edited:

RedTiger

Half mast
So no, we haven't done well and it's another Woodward classic this transfer window. Wait we get desperate in the coming days to cap it off.
I've always assumed that due to Ed's previous career, he considered the summer months to be his holiday time, you know south of France, Caribbean and Marbella. He still not used to working in these months.

RedTiger

Half mast
You're ignoring what I'm saying. We tried exactly that when we signed the likes of ADM, Sanchez, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Schweinsteiger, Ibra, Depay. With the exception of Ibra and Schweinsteiger, all of them were either approaching or at their peak, and in Depay we had one of the most sought-after young players in Europe. Almost all of them flopped or flattered to deceive. All of those purchases have basically accounted for close to 280m in transfer fees alone; let alone their wages.

Quality alone is useless if the person doesn't want to be here or isn't committed and bought in to the project. We went down the route of bringing in those players, budget be damned; and where did it leave us? ADM was kept out of the side by Ashley fecking Young on merit by the end of his season, ffs!
So true.

Sterling Archer

Anyone who says "no cares about Juventus winning league" shouldn't be taken seriously. It's a top 3 league and it's like saying no one cares about ManUtd winning league in 90s. Just ridiculous and PL fanboy talk.
This is very true.

On the other hand, PSGs titles are a joke of a matter considering their spend and we should all jibe and jeer any players that go there. Sincerely. Ibra going there is a big black mark for example. I have no pity for his not winning a CL because of it. Could have steered a great team to one, instead of trying to gel a group of mercenaries in a step up league.

Status
Not open for further replies.