Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKnowNothing

If PSG and Dybala are interested in a move, then I'd rather have us voluntarily step away from this deal. It just doesn't seem worth having a repeat of DiMaria situation.

minh_loc_xoay

If PSG and Dybala are interested in a move, then I'd rather have us voluntarily step away from this deal. It just doesn't seem worth having a repeat of DiMaria situation.
Him wanting to go to PSG speaks volume of how little ambition he has and just wants to spend his prime years in an easy league, racking up easy titles.
He won't survive the first cold, rainy night in Stoke if he comes here.

iKnowNothing

Him wanting to go to PSG speaks volume of how little ambition he has and just wants to spend his prime years in an easy league, racking up easy titles.
He won't survive the first cold, rainy night in Stoke if he comes here.
However easy you might feel the league is, you shouldn't judge his ambition or the lack thereof. Everyone wants different things in life. Coming to United doesn't have to be the parameter. If that's the case, what's stopping Wolves or Newcastle fans claiming he lacks ambition for not coming to their clubs and taking a pay cut to make sure they win the league? :lol:

RG 11

While the muppet inside of me would love for this to happen, it does look like another Di Maria where the player ends up using us as a stop gap and then leaves again at the end of the season when a preferred club is interested.

Plus every Argentinian player has been so amazing for us.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Won't be the 1st time Woodward has to go back on his words, remember him telling Jose that Maguire wasn't an improvement on what we have? Spent £80m to bring the same player this summer.

I think there could be some life to this transfer because Juve still want Lukaku, let's see. This will all be over soon in less than 3 days anyway.

PieCrust

Let this one go. Move onto to Bruno and/or Eriksen. I think we could land Bruno relatively easily. Very questionable about the commitment from Dybala and possibly Eriksen.

Marcelinho87

While the muppet inside of me would love for this to happen, it does look like another Di Maria where the player ends up using us as a stop gap and then leaves again at the end of the season when a preferred club is interested.

Plus every Argentinian player has been so amazing for us.
Tevez literally was brilliant, he deserved a contract here without a doubt.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Let this one go. Move onto to Bruno and/or Eriksen. I think we could land Bruno relatively easily. Very questionable about the commitment from Dybala and possibly Eriksen.
Were City worried about the commitment when they signed the likes of Tevez, Toure and Silva without CL football? Heck, when Aguero signed they still hadn't won a single trophy.

At the end of day, its all about money. Players don't sign for their new clubs and immediately think of leaving, that's not how it works in football.

PieCrust

Were City worried about the commitment when they signed the likes of Tevez, Toure and Silva without CL football? Heck, when Aguero signed they still hadn't won a single trophy.

At the end of day, its all about money. Players don't sign for their new clubs and immediately think of leaving, that's not how it works in football.
Seems like you haven't seen some of our transfers in recent history.

So yeah, excuse me if I'm concerned about a player's commitment to the club and how it may effect his on field performance.

Marcelinho87

People need to stop going on about Bruno imo I don't think there is any interest in him from anywhere and Sporting are trying to create a bidding war as they want to sell.

nutmegrush

I reckon something is still happening behind the scenes.

Maybe we’ve called his bluff re: wages demands, and perhaps even the Eriksen rumours are a tactic of negotiations.

We’ve been in the situation before many a time and the player themselves eventually release a statement to public commit themselves to their club and nip the whole thing in bud.

adam118

Maybe we’ve called his bluff re: wages demands, and perhaps even the Eriksen rumours are a tactic of negotiations.

We’ve been in the situation before many a time and the player themselves eventually release a statement to public commit themselves to their club and nip the whole thing in bud.
Hope so as we need someone that can replace Lingard but I'm pretty sure this is dead now

Womp

idiot
You guys gotta let go. The only person peddling there still being a chance is someone from Sarri's side. All the reliable Journos from our side have said it's done.

Adamsk7

I think it’s fairly obvious our window will shut and he’ll secure a big money move to PSG or similar. Juve will then buy Lukaku

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So IF this new news is true, and the deal is back on. It’s very possible that the agent demanded a huge fee so we threatened to walk away to get the agent to lower his demands.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that Dybala is this money grabbing mercenary that he’s being made out to be. It also doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to be here.

I’m just trying to bring a bit of positivity as it’s seriously lacking in here at the minute.

kirk buttercup

Kind of reminds me of the line in Dumb and dumber Jim Carey asks if theirs any chance with the girl "like one in a hundred?" She Replies " no more like one in a million " Then he says " so you're saying theres a chance "

That's all I can think of with this situation ,that and Ed in an orange tux

GoldanoGraham

I think the key in all of this was the image rights - Dybala, like, many other south americans get their image rights/and sometime ownership split amoungst several parties - therefore trying to unravel this becomes much more difficult as maybe the player and juve want the deal to go ahead and utd are in agreement with the player and club but the image rights issues brings other mercaneries to the table - and as usual everyone thinks its xmas when the cash cow comes to the table.....maybe we just looked at the complications/costs and said that there was no point pursuing as never enough time to unravel the mess in a few days.....dont under estimate the importance of Utd ownership of the image rights when you are as big a global brand as Utd

before everyone slates dybala - lets let him speak and say his bit - as yet hes been very quiet and so have Juve since the rumours of this falling apart surfaced - like a previous poster said - a simple statement from him could put this all to bed

Marcelinho87

According to some reports he agreed the wages offered but other things stalled the deal (agent demands, image rights)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
According to some reports he agreed the wages offered but other things stalled the deal (agent demands, image rights)
I don’t know why image rights and wages get separated like that. We offer a financial package and a large part of the reason we can afford to offer such lucrative financial packages to players is because we take on a certain percentage of a player’s image rights and use our marketing machine to milk them for every drop they are worth.

The entire point of that process is that the player earns more from his image rights than if he manages them himself and he gets that compensation in his salary. United pay for that compensation with his image rights and then take an additional cut themselves which balances the players wages further.

It’s why we don’t blink at paying wages other clubs can’t, because we have the infrastructure to make them pay the premium themselves

Ballist1x

Dybala signs 10 year image rights deal.

1 year later renegades on said deal.

Maybe he's just not very bright?

pascell

Earlier last season I saw him as the perfect replacement for Mata. Now I just don't want him here as it was clear as day he didn't want to come, even after multiple news outlets saying he's not welcome back at Juve but still wouldn't give it up. Juve are going to push hard to sell him to whoever, simply because if he doesn't play this season, his value will plummet.

He was basically only prepared to come if we paid over the odds and I'm glad the club has pulled out, we can't be used as a bumper payday anymore. You could bet that if PSG or Barca came sniffing next summer he'd be agitating for a move too.

Him with Juve is like an ex gf you've just ended, they keep trying to worm their way back in but you have absolutely no interest whatsoever.

He's made his bed so he can lay in it.

RG 11

Tevez literally was brilliant, he deserved a contract here without a doubt.
Yeah I'm talking more about mentality here. We offered him a contract and he went to City. Heinze wanted to go to liverpool. They may have the talent but I don't think they get United due to cultural difference.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
You guys gotta let go. The only person peddling there still being a chance is someone from Sarri's side. All the reliable Journos from our side have said it's done.
Erm, doesn’t this mean that there could be some truth in it then?

Marcelinho87

Yeah I'm talking more about mentality here. We offered him a contract and he went to City. Heinze wanted to go to liverpool. They may have the talent but I don't think they get United due to cultural difference.
No we messed him about and then offered him a contract last minute after it was already decided Berbatov was going to be ahead of him, we messed that one up not him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I wouldn't say it was over. People can talk about PSG etc like they're a bigger club but he might not think France is the league for him. Who knows? People that say let it go? Go and find another thread. I wouldn't claim to know, but United can use the people who brief us any which way to their own advantage. It's called business. It's possible the club thought it complicated and so lowered the excitement ...but who honestly knows? It really is a case of waiting. These deals are complicated and what you don't need is added pressure. This would be probably the summers biggest deal and would generate huge interest. No one needs that pressure. We may even create fake interest stories to divert fans attention. But people take everything as gospel.

If Lukaku was happy and settled? Then you'd think there's little chance but that's not the case. It's an unusual opportunity and we will either take it or we won't and tbh who honestly knows when the two clubs first talked about this. We don't know.

M4YON

If there's a change in situation it's natural it would be from Dybala's side as his reluctance and wage demands scuppered it to begin with. Let's see how it progresses today I'm not being sucked in but it's possible to change as deadline days bring all sorts of twists.

SaintMuppet

Pure stupidity from the club if they go back to this deal. They made a strong point by walking away don’t screw that up now.

We don’t need luxury players who may or may not perform. We need somebody to sit in front of our back 4 and do a proper job of it.

RollieOle

Pure stupidity from the club if they go back to this deal. They made a strong point by walking away don’t screw that up now.

We don’t need luxury players who may or may not perform. We need somebody to sit in front of our back 4 and do a proper job of it.
We were never buying him, we where swapping him for a player that the manager does not fancy. And we have never pulled out of the deal. Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.