g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Read The Athletic's article about what actually happens in the transfer window if you want a bit of an insight. Sounds like a mixed bag, some agents don't inform players of interest unless the interested club agrees to pay their fee first. Sounds shady as hell.
Whole thing is mental but i hope it gets even worse, seems no one will do shit until whole thing blows up.

Acquire Me

From the Italian side, most are saying it's NOT Dybala doesn't want to move to us, it's his agent asking too much money.

If it's purely an agent fee holding up the deal i'd be shocked if it doesn't go through... let's keep our fingers crossed.
The agents are the worst in the game. From a nearly done deal to greed from the agent. This is not news though. Sir Alex had the same issues and it will continue in even larger scale imo. Sad for football.

Marcelinho87

The agents are the worst in the game. From a nearly done deal to greed from the agent. This is not news though. Sir Alex had the same issues and it will continue in even larger scale imo. Sad for football.
Just need clubs to do as we have and say "Nah mate, feck off"

Agent should only get paid via his client, not via the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It ain't happening. We have even briefed ourselves he lacks motivation to want to play for us. How can we can back on that.
I don't think we did actually briefed that. I think we jsut briefed we walked away because of the deal being too expensive. The journos did the lazy Di Maria comparison.

Emzreus

This might be back on or not, but come on, despite our briefing the other day, if it was to just pressure dybala's side, we could as well later on brief that

"United back in dybala race after player affirms desire to join club, spoke with Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and is willing to drop high financial demands"

Well, let's see how it goes, but for me, I hope anyway :drool::drool:

Jimmy_Bond

Just to clarify, the Italian press are not saying that Dybala does want to play for us. They say he has agreed a salary with us, which would presumably make him the highest paid player.

It's clear very clear that the player's heart is not in this move, as per every single report that has come out about this transfer. If it's a question of agent fees and such things, I can only imagine that a solution will be found, and he'll end up signing.

If this does come off, it's a big risk by Ole, as if it fails it's likely that he will follow Dybala out of the door.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Just need clubs to do as we have and say "Nah mate, feck off"

Agent should only get paid via his client, not via the club.
On this I’m sure I read Raiola doesn’t get paid a wage/retainer by his clients. His only income is off of their transfers. Maybe other agents operate with the same idea.

koop

It's pretty impossible to tell what's happening really, but the fact that the agents are still coming to London, the italian press haven't stopped talking about it - that shows it's not "dead".

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see this suddenly spring alive in the last day or 2 :smirk: it suits both parties, perhaps Dybala just needed a few days to get his head together and realise he's got to move on?
No doubt. Hopefully he's got his head around it, he must know staying at Juve is potential career suicide, however it's not an easy decision considering hes played most of his life in Argentina and Italy.

Marcelinho87

On this I’m sure I read Raiola doesn’t get paid a wage/retainer by his clients. His only income is off of their transfers. Maybe other agents operate with the same idea.
Yeah I have read the same but I don't think that should be allowed.

They should be employed and paid purely by their clients.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From the Italian side, most are saying it's NOT Dybala doesn't want to move to us, it's his agent asking too much money.

If it's purely an agent fee holding up the deal i'd be shocked if it doesn't go through... let's keep our fingers crossed.
Also rumors that high agent fee to break the contract with some company on image rights, not sure how true this is.

So many rumors and we have briefed that we have walked away. Only 2 more days to go which is good thing for us.

GJNJ

Yeah I have read the same but I don't think that should be allowed.

They should be employed and paid purely by their clients.
I agree I said this on another thread not so long ago.

I would also like to see Fifa ban on player signing on fee's so there would be less incentive for agents to push players to move clubs for pay day's. Obviously never going to happen.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If our brief the other day and only stated we are walking away due to the agent fees, I could kinda get back involved.

However, we questioned his desire to even want to be here, going back on that will look truly stupid.
I was 100% of the same opinion, but the journo's seem to be backtracking now and are saying that Dybala wasn't the issue, it was his agents demands. It almost seem like if the parties figure out how to settle his image right dispute, this deal will be done. Not getting my hopes up, but there's a glimmer of light there for sure.

izec

If we briefed that we have doubts of him wanting to join us, then we wont be buying him. We would be the laughing stock again. Best we sit this one out.

You can trust Woody to feck it up. No way is he able to get a deal like this over the line anyway

R'hllor

Whole agent thing isnt anything new, guess i just accepted it and didnt give much thoughts about it till now. If a only stumbling block for my transfer is my agents fee and my agents is my brother, guy i trust to represent me and my interests, family and all that, who is really the boss, can i order him to reduce his fee to zero

Halal Jalal

Paulo Dybala, in case he leaves (he prefers to stay at Juventus) would rather go to PSG than United. Positive contacts between his agent Antun and Leonardo.(NicoShira)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It ain't happening. We have even briefed ourselves he lacks motivation to want to play for us. How can we can back on that.
I think it's a negotiation tactic in order to put pressure on Juve and Dybala to lessen the demands of his agent. I may end up being wrong of course, but I believe this agent thing might be what's holding things up.

I’m tempted, but I just don’t believe :( I need a nice positive crumb of info and I’ll hop aboard the muppet express.

I think he’ll either stay or end up at PSG.
Hopefully we hear something positive soon man, I still believe though!

It is, hopefully the agent lowers his demands.

VanGaalEra

Why is this thread still active :lol:

Our transfer window is done guys, we re-unite next year.

Nialinho

Is there any credible source which says this could still happen? Just seeing a lot of muppets getting excited and people spouting information without any source. It seemed pretty dead and buried, I don't wanna get hurt again.. :lol:

Goku23

This might be back on or not, but come on, despite our briefing the other day, if it was to just pressure dybala's side, we could as well later on brief that

"United back in dybala race after player affirms desire to join club, spoke with Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and is willing to drop high financial demands"

Well, let's see how it goes, but for me, I hope anyway :drool::drool:
I hope this is true i'm clutching at straws all the way to deadline day we really need that creativity.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Has anything come from reliable sources to suggest this is back on? Seems to me just some random tweets from people with too much time and, or WUM's.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has anything come from reliable sources to suggest this is back on? Seems to me just some random tweets from people with too much time and, or WUM's.
Only from the italian side. The Alfredo Pedulla guy is still saying it's ongoing, and he seems pretty close to the Juve side of things.

I think it's clear they want it to happen, but whether the player does we don't know.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Is there any credible source which says this could still happen? Just seeing a lot of muppets getting excited and people spouting information without any source. It seemed pretty dead and buried, I don't wanna get hurt again.. :lol:
there are sources like Tuttomercatoweb, calciomercato and corriere delo sport, but they're all garbage. The first 2 are especially bad. Think Metro and daily express.

Pedulla went from Dybala has not agreed Utds offer, to he has agreed in the space of 24hrs. I ave no doubt that Pedulla knows Sarri may have told him he can go, but I don't think he is too clued up on the Dybala Utd situation. It is possible of course that Utd could just say "sod it, heres all the money you asked for" and sign him, but it'd be a huge backtrack on their brief, and i dont think myself that money was the main obstacle... its Dybala. He doesnt want to join. 2 days left so it'll be done one way or the other soon

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Didn't Juve get in trouble for paying agents fees for the transfer of Pogba to us? I wonder if hypothetically they would pick up these snagging factors if we're refusing to do so. I mean they're obviously desperate to get Dybala out of Juventus.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Only from the italian side. The Alfredo Pedulla guy is still saying it's ongoing, and he seems pretty close to the Juve side of things.

I think it's clear they want it to happen, but whether the player does we don't know.
I think he's meant to be a Sarri mouthpiece. Either way, sounds like this agents fee/image rights issue is the actual obstacle to any deal. This could really put the brakes on a deal though, not sure who budges on this.

Utd have done the right thing here. Dybala is a good player, and a swap with him and Lukuku would have been fantastic from a footballing perspective. However, we have seen with the Sanchez deal, that we shouldn’t ‘break the bank’ - the repercussions go far further than one transfer.

flappyjay

I wouldn't say it was over. People can talk about PSG etc like they're a bigger club but he might not think France is the league for him. Who knows? People that say let it go? Go and find another thread. I wouldn't claim to know, but United can use the people who brief us any which way to their own advantage. It's called business. It's possible the club thought it complicated and so lowered the excitement ...but who honestly knows? It really is a case of waiting. These deals are complicated and what you don't need is added pressure. This would be probably the summers biggest deal and would generate huge interest. No one needs that pressure. We may even create fake interest stories to divert fans attention. But people take everything as gospel.

If Lukaku was happy and settled? Then you'd think there's little chance but that's not the case. It's an unusual opportunity and we will either take it or we won't and tbh who honestly knows when the two clubs first talked about this. We don't know.
How does he even fit in at psg. Unless one of Neymar or Cavani leaves he won't make it into their front three. Even at his best they are all better than him. They can get away with playing him behind the striker in the league but he would have to settle for the bench in the ucl. But if you are playing for psg the real competition is the ucl. players do like making decisions like this so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there.

Halal Jalal

Semi-credible Italian sources claiming it's still on, but the main Juve reporter (Agresti) is quiet. Honestly it seems its just Sarri's media team forcing this deal but the reality is that either Dybla rejected us long ago, or we refused to discuss mega contract with a player who doesn't even want to come.

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.