Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I have read the same but I don't think that should be allowed.

They should be employed and paid purely by their clients.
The issue is that very often agents are the ones doing the work for clubs, they are the ones negotiating for both sides and with the player.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Semi-credible Italian sources claiming it's still on, but the main Juve reporter (Agresti) is quiet. Honestly it seems its just Sarri's media team forcing this deal but the reality is that either Dybla rejected us long ago, or we refused to discuss mega contract with a player who doesn't even want to come.
i think dimarzio said last night too in a roundup that right now dybala is not going to utd. Gazzetta also reporting the psg offer now. i suspect theres a lot of "throw enough shit and see what sticks"

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
i think dimarzio said last night too in a roundup that right now dybala is not going to utd. Gazzetta also reporting the psg offer now. i suspect theres a lot of "throw enough shit and see what sticks"
I think PSG probably realise that Juve are desperate to sell. They smell an opportunity if Juve are really desperate to get rid of his wage and get a transfer fee, they'll sell to PSG for less.

manuchamp88

I just think there's more going on than was reported. Agent's fee and image rights might be the hold up.
I can fathom that being true and also that Woodward wants his superstar signing. The problem is I'm not confident at all we'll actually get him whether it's Dybala or anyone else.

romufc

how much would Lukaku's wages have been for the same period? the true cost should include that.
Lukaku is on £13m a year which totals to £39m for a 3 year contract. Which is what I think he has left, not entirely sure.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Keep at it bud. You’re the ones keeping the hope in the rest of us mere mortals alive! :drool: Believe!
Thanks for the support fellow Kermit, believe indeed! :devil::drool:

I can fathom that being true and also that Woodward wants his superstar signing. The problem is I'm not confident at all we'll actually get him whether it's Dybala or anyone else.
I think he does too, and I can imagine the thought of getting Dybala for his ability and also his commercial marketability appeals to the higher ups very much. Believe guys!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dybala just isn't what you need. It would be a great marquee signing if you could afford it but you can't right now with respect to the positions you need to fill that are a CDM and an out and out goalscorer.

redshaw

Lukaku is on £13m a year which totals to £39m for a 3 year contract. Which is what I think he has left, not entirely sure.
Thought it was about 200k gross a week or 10 million year gross. That's all I can find on the searches as well. England reports before tax.

That Dybala 108 million is 6 years at 18 million a year before tax. Paying Lukaku his ~10 mill for another 6 years would be 60 million but he'd probably have a pay raise during that time so 70-80 mill vs 108 mill.

M4YON

Dybala just isn't what you need. It would be a great marquee signing if you could afford it but you can't right now with respect to the positions you need to fill that are a CDM and an out and out goalscorer.
2 days from the transfer window closing it's too late we should have had our targets set a d ready months ago. Dybala/Lukaku swap is the best of a bad situation for us, we lose an out and out striker but gain a Centre forward capable of playing a false 9 or a No.10 role. We then have to hope Rashford and Martial can step up.

Halal Jalal

2 days from the transfer window closing it's too late we should have had our targets set a d ready months ago. Dybala/Lukaku swap is the best of a bad situation for us, we lose an out and out striker but gain a Centre forward capable of playing a false 9 or a No.10 role. We then have to hope Rashford and Martial can step up.
Can he though? I believe the reason why Sarri is so desperate to get rid of him is because he can't play a false 9 or RW. Either way, that is no of importance to us. Ole will use 4-2-3-1 as his default formation next season and as things stand our #10 options are Mata and Lingard. To say that we need Dybala is an understatement. Dybala could be world class for us just behind the striker, just like he was in Serie A before Juventus bought Ronaldo, changed their formation and dumped him on the wing.

-Supreme-

I agree. I can see we are fully leveraging this link to push Inter increase their bid for Lukaku

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
how much would Lukaku's wages have been for the same period? the true cost should include that.
that's why I asked if hypothetically if Juve would cover the agents fees just to get him out of their club

Slysi17

So, according to you this summer we should have bought:

1. Top quality right back (check)
2. Top quality center back (check)
3. Right winger (we've signed potential there - check. You may not fancy him, but I'm sure you weren't happy with Chicharito as well. That was a similar signing in all respects. Unknown, young, filling in an important gap. Lots of potential.)
4. Central Midfielder to replace Herrera / Matic. (Looks like Ole is relying on McTomminay to make the step up, and hoping for one more signing).

To summarize, your frustration is that the club has filled the most gaping holes first, and is relying on a few academy products. Do you see the irony of this? We are not winning the league this season, and if you don't want to give potential a chance now, I don't see when you will. The club have definitely done enough good business to get into the top 4 (I would include keeping Pogba at the club as a massive plus on this one as well).
Actually you are wrong as Daniel James is a left winger. Plus he is an unproven kid from the championship so dream on if you think he greatly improves us. So right winger unchecked. If we don't get a right winger and creative midfielder, we won't get top four. Tottenhem, Chelsea and Arsenal are better than us. Our forward and midfield options are pathetic.

M4YON

Can he though? I believe the reason why Sarri is so desperate to get rid of him is because he can't play a false 9 or RW. Either way, that is no of importance to us. Ole will use 4-2-3-1 as his default formation next season and as things stand our #10 options are Mata and Lingard. To say that we need Dybala is an understatement. Dybala could be world class for us just behind the striker, just like he was in Serie A before Juventus bought Ronaldo, changed their formation and dumped him on the wing.
He can play on the wings but it's not his natural position and is less effective. Sarri prefers his traditional wingers. No.10/ in a center forward role are his best positions I just don't think that how Sarri want to play he prefers and out and out striker with pace, he had mertens at Napoli for that.

Shiva87

Actually you are wrong as Daniel James is a left winger. Plus he is an unproven kid from the championship so dream on if you think he greatly improves us. So right winger unchecked. If we don't get a right winger and creative midfielder, we won't get top four. Tottenhem, Chelsea and Arsenal are better than us. Our forward and midfield options are pathetic.
Like I said - you may not fancy him. And if you've seen preseason games, he has played both on the right and the left (and more so on the right). He is right footed, and looks like the management team are comfortable using him there. I'm not saying we got top quality in RW - but we have filled in a squad gap. For e.g. we don't need to play Dalot there this season, James will play instead.

I don't really understand why United fans feel the constant need to berate their own club. I think we have a good enough squad to get into the top 4 as we have addressed the gaping holes we had last season (RB and CB). We've got some good quality there now. If we can ship 10-15 goals less this season (compared to last season), then we should get into the top 4. We may need to strengthen more to challenge for the title - but that's a bit far away right now.

Slysi17

Like I said - you may not fancy him. And if you've seen preseason games, he has played both on the right and the left (and more so on the right). He is right footed, and looks like the management team are comfortable using him there. I'm not saying we got top quality in RW - but we have filled in a squad gap. For e.g. we don't need to play Dalot there this season, James will play instead.

I don't really understand why United fans feel the constant need to berate their own club. I think we have a good enough squad to get into the top 4 as we have addressed the gaping holes we had last season (RB and CB). We've got some good quality there now. If we can ship 10-15 goals less this season (compared to last season), then we should get into the top 4. We may need to strengthen more to challenge for the title - but that's a bit far away right now.
I watched all of the pre season games except for the one in Norway. Problem when I watched Daniel James is he has no end product. That's not going to get you in the top four. Doesn't seem to be that special. So angry we didn't get a quality right winger. It didn't have to be a superstar but someone with quality about to become world class. Also this buying only British makes no sense. Do Liverpool, Manchester City, or Tottenham do it?

Enigma_87

You know who
I've always assumed that due to Ed's previous career, he considered the summer months to be his holiday time, you know south of France, Caribbean and Marbella. He still not used to working in these months.
He's always taking it easy, one at a time. Seems to enjoy winter months as well.

Shiva87

I watched all of the pre season games except for the one in Norway. Problem when I watched Daniel James is he has no end product. That's not going to get you in the top four. Doesn't seem to be that special. So angry we didn't get a quality right winger. It didn't have to be a superstar but someone with quality about to become world class. Also this buying only British makes no sense. Do Liverpool, Manchester City, or Tottenham do it?
Buying only British is a very this summer this. We need a few good players who wont hanker to leave during the summer because some other club comes calling. Maguire is well established, and AWB is probably among the best young right backs in the market. James is an opportunistic acquisition of a player with potential. He has bags of potential and its also a question of his team adjusting to him. At least in the AC Milan game, he made 2 very good crosses which none of the strikers read. (One of them was on the near post). Our strikers need to play with him a bit more, and some of these will turn to goals as well.

SaintMuppet

Feck this thread and feck all of you.

I’m starting to be convinced by some of you....

Feck it..... spend all the money

Sign all the shinies

Fer

Now that we are linked with Eriksen.

Would you prefer Dybala over Eriksen to play behind the striker?

Brophs

The One and Only
Surely people aren’t still holding out hope for this one? There are ways to put pressure on players, but I don’t think essentially calling a player and his agent mercenaries is really designed to keep the deal alive.

Adcuth

Doesn't fit the narrative though, if the deal.had gone through they would want to show us spending as much as possible. We're just the money club remember.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Surely people aren’t still holding out hope for this one? There are ways to put pressure on players, but I don’t think essentially calling a player and his agent mercenaries is really designed to keep the deal alive.
Nope i'm still firmly under the impression this is dead and buried. There is no way this is happening, he'll likely end up at PSG or staying at Juve, where he'll be sold next summer or in Jan

Sterling Archer

Flight from Turin looking like it will be landing in the UK, quite possibly Manchester.

www.radarbox24.com/flight/EOA001

Is it Dybala? It's the same model charter jet he's been pictured next to before :eek:

Cancelo is already in Manchester so maybe just a pickup for Danilo? But wouldn't they just send him over in a FedEx parcel?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’d be amazed if it was a pickup, surely Danilo could get his own flight from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.