Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

We won't. I gave my opinion previously that Dybala's supposed wage demands were a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he just didn't want to sign for United.
It's really hard of a lot of United fans to accept that in terms of football you guys are a more attractive project.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Going to take a wage cut so he can stay in the legendary sleeping quarters at the training ground, I imagine.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's currently earning 7.5m net at Juve. He wanted 10m net at his new club. How is that absurd?
He thinks Dybala is on 100k and wanted 350k at ManUtd. I mean who cares about gross and net wages when you can check sillyseason.com

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Spurs beating us to these players really puts the state of us in the cold light of day.

We're a nothing club these days.
How many players have Spurs signed that any of the other top six sides were actually interested in?

They won't compete with other teams in terms of wages and they can't compete with any of the top six or big european sides in terms of success/trophies. So it's difficult to arrive at a logical conclusion of them bring at the head of a queue.

Our problem in recent years has been the exact opposite to what you're saying. Attracting players away from other top six clubs just because we can by waving money and exposure at them. Even this window our finances basically priced City out of competing for Maguire.

Jimmy_Bond

So basically if the bid is true and he rejects both United and Tottenham, doesn't that kinda suggest that he has no interest in joing the Premier League in general?
Imagine that eh, after it's been explicitly stated every day for the last week...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Aye I know what you mean, it must be all the trophies they win every year.
Amazing what one Champions League final does to peoples heads.
They got lucky and made it to the Champions League final, previous years they've gone out in the round of 32, or round of 16. Yet now, they're an amazingly attractive team with a great project.
Yes they've been doing better than United in recent years, but it doesn't make them a more attractive club, we've just had crap managers in the past who really haven't give a crap. Take Poch out of Spurs and i bet it'd be a totally different story

Infra-red

So basically if the bid is true and he rejects both United and Tottenham, doesn't that kinda suggest that he has no interest in joing the Premier League in general?
It's quite possible that he simply does not want to leave Juve this summer, despite Juve's best efforts in persuading him to do so.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He's currently earning 7.5m net at Juve. He wanted 10m net at his new club. How is that absurd?
There are sources that say otherwise. The truth is that none of us know for sure what he's currently earning.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't see it. I mean, even if dybala were to lower his demands from what he asked united, i don't think he's leaving juventus without a raise. And i don't see spurs offering him £250-280k a week

Juventus would have to pay him off to make it happen...

cyberman

Juve are hilariously desperate to sell him aren't they?
Spurs cant afford him, it would destroy their wage structure.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's quite possible that he simply does not want to leave Juve this summer, despite Juve's best efforts in persuading him to do so.
I think thats pretty obvious. I still think he'll be gone before the end of the window, but it'll be to a team like PSG. He won't be coming to England

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If I was to try and predict what will happen I'll go with this: Fernandes and Coutinho in, Eriksen out and possibly to Utd. Dybala is a pipe dream I think.
Bruno is just noise. Think you will sign Le Colso and Coutinho on loan.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Amazing what one Champions League final does to peoples heads.
They got lucky and made it to the Champions League final, previous years they've gone out in the round of 32, or round of 16. Yet now, they're an amazingly attractive team with a great project.
Yes they've been doing better than United in recent years, but it doesn't make them a more attractive club, we've just had crap managers in the past who really haven't give a crap. Take Poch out of Spurs and i bet it'd be a totally different story
Except you might still have a crap manager and last I checked Poch is still at Spurs.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You would have to think they know/knew the wages and fee now that we have had a dry run at it.
Or could it be theres no actual bid at all and Juve are desperate to drum up interest. Funny how it's HUGE news, yet no one else is reporting it, and the only mention Sky Sports had of it on their Transfer Centre was deleted.

wr8_utd

:'(
Honestly, I have no harm in admitting that Spurs are probably the more attractive side currently but it's just idiotic to believe Spurs will break their wage structure for this guy when even we couldn't give him what he and his agent wanted.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Except you might still have a crap manager and last I checked Poch is still at Spurs.
Well, you better hope you don't win the Champions League anytime soon, Poch already said he'd consider his future and try something new if he won it last season!

Morpheus 7

Juve are hilariously desperate to sell him aren't they?
Spurs cant afford him, it would destroy their wage structure.
Why is nobody mentioning the wage structure like. So with in the space of 4 days he's willing to go from 300,000 week to what a 100,000. Really not straight forward.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We won't. I gave my opinion previously that Dybala's supposed wage demands were a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he just didn't want to sign for United.
Whey Glaston has joined the party. It’s all a smokescreen to avoid United to join serial trophy winners Spurs! Of course!

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There are sources that say otherwise. The truth is that none of us know for sure what he's currently earning.
There a couple shite english sources that say otherwise. Meanwhile, *all* italian sources say it's 7/7.5m net. Their wagebill for 2017/18 was €270m. You don't get that high by paying out directors and managers...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There are other sources. But out of interest, how do you know that Dybala currently earns 7.5m net?
Going by Juventus's most reliable reporter, Italian football most reliable reporter, going by reliable Italian paper for wages which publishes every Serie A player wages in September every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.