Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You can be infatuated to a club but once the board, manager say your time is up.. it means the end of road even if you're Cristiano Ronaldo at Madrid. Dybalas' position is cooked at Juve, it's a matter of where he goes.

The image rights thing is not a deal breaker, these things can be worked out. Would that prolong the nature of negotiations? Sure, but that's not going to topple the whole transfer. It was convenient for us to pin everything on the player but fact of the matter is we are simply not a draw that we pretend to be. I mean just now Woodward has briefed the journos that we've backed out of Eriksen transfer because he fancies Spain.
I don't blame the club if they walked away from having to be taken to the cleaners. However FFS don't end up in a situation were we are left with our duck in our hand hours away from the end of the transfer window. That's fecking silly

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't blame the club if they walked away from having to be taken to the cleaners. However FFS don't end up in a situation we are left with our duck in our hand hours away from the end of the transfer window. That's fecking silly
This is pretty much the crux of the issue.

swred

I'm glad we aren't throwing money at another player who doesn't appear to want to come here.

The levels of arrogance on this thread and the Caf generally is astonishing.

IF, and it’s a big if that Spurs get Dybala, I’m not going to be overly surprised that he chose Spurs over Utd.

Here’s reasons not to come here:

• Pretty average team with little immediate chance of success
• Playing in Europa League
• Fans protest at the owners and want them out
• Solksjaer has little to no pull as a manager or managerial cache
• Striker is in Belgium rather than returning
• Team has “toxic” influence in the dressing room
• Little to no game changing signings in this window
• Maybe one (DDG) world class player
• Managerial merry-go round
• No clear recruitment strategy

Take out all the United legacy/history bullshit, which I don’t believe players buy into anyway, and there’s little attractive about the club right now.

The only thing we offer is money, and surprisingly, there’s more to life than that.

Spurs on the other hand have a better manager, finished top 4, are based in London, have a new stadium, were in the CL final and have far better players in a team that has a footballing identity and plays much better football.

He may not go there, but take off the rise-tinted glasses you lot.
Whilst much of that is true, Spurs have pretty much nothing over us. It's decades since they won anything and they have a manager who has won nothing. As good as he might look to be, until they actually lift some silverware it's all meaningless. On the other hand Dybala is 25, he grew up knowing us as the biggest club in the world. He has watched us win everything there is to win.

We are a risky destination for him and we have to pay him accordingly. There is no risk for him going to Spurs, he knows he will win nothing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Despite everything, this was a player who was a must buy. One player can transform squad. Overpaying 30y old player is one thing but in Dybala you get huge upgrade in squad and you still have time to sell him if things go bad.

Martial, Rashford, Lingard and James front 4 this season. Not looking promising

We need an rvn

this.. absolutely. Some places turned down a certain frenchman as a trouble-maker... he changed everything at United. If spurs get Dybala (and agree fees/pay/rights) someone should point out to the Glazers that they are paying a man (presumably) a lot of money for failing to do his job and finlly ge rid of the tool that is ed Wooodward
Big difference between the Tevez signing and Dybala is that Tevez came from West Ham and wanted to come and had a point to prove - Dybala doesn't want to come and is demanding stupid money. Their motivation will be completely different.

In this case, I think Woodie's done the right thing. We need to be signing players who want to come here, like AWB, Mag, James etc

We need an rvn

Despite everything, this was a player who was a must buy. One player can transform squad. Overpaying 30y old player is one thing but in Dybala you get huge upgrade in squad and you still have time to sell him if things go bad.

you're forgetting Greenwood. Whilst can't be relied on to start, I reckon he'll get us c. 10 goals this year. Main pressure is on Rashford and Martial but I think they can do it, if they want to take on that pressure and not rely on Lukaku like perhaps they did last year.

windycityfan

Unfortunately, this kind of summarizes it all. Dybala would’ve made a huge impact.

Without that addition, the attack is theoretically unchanged and still unproven - no matter what new “take the hill”, pressing style or new found fitness may add.

Too many holes to fill, too little time left to address them - all the while fighting the uphill battle to sell the idea United is still a desirable destination this year with no CL.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
you're forgetting Greenwood. Whilst can't be relied on to start, I reckon he'll get us c. 10 goals this year. Main pressure is on Rashford and Martial but I think they can do it, if they want to take on that pressure and not rely on Lukaku like perhaps they did last year.
You're banking on a 17-year old with no real Premier League experience to give you around 10 goals this season? I'll admit I haven't seen him play apart form the PSG game last season but I think it's telling that you even have to count on him at all (and not that good for the lad to be under such pressure at that age).

windycityfan

Big difference between the Tevez signing and Dybala is that Tevez came from West Ham and wanted to come and had a point to prove - Dybala doesn't want to come and is demanding stupid money. Their motivation will be completely different.

In this case, I think Woodie's done the right thing. We need to be signing players who want to come here, like AWB, Mag, James etc
AWB, Mag, James. Is that the best we can do? Do they sound to you as the difference between placing 6th place and top 4?

Don’t get me wrong I’m thrilled with these signings. But why didn’t management identify the type of difference makers for the attack that would’ve wanted to come, the type of players to vault United back to the PL’s upper echelon?

In all honesty, the problem lies in the people that are trying to do this job are really not that good at doing their jobs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You're banking on a 17-year old with no real Premier League experience to give you around 10 goals this season? I'll admit I haven't seen him play apart form the PSG game last season but I think it's telling that you even have to count on him at all (and not that good for the lad to be under such pressure at that age).
Dont think he said 10 goals in league. So 10 goals in all competitions is not out of reach, especially when we will playing few poor teams in Europa league, league cups, FA cup.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't think we are relying on him as such but he looks a special talent and the position we are currently in it makes sense to give him some minutes rather than waste large amounts of money on players who don't necessarily fancy being at the club.

I think it's a breath of fresh air and I'm more than happy if it helps us move forward and develop our own players. As Ole has said it's a long term project so little steps and all.

Ibrahimorich

I'm glad we aren't throwing money at another player who doesn't appear to want to come here.
Totally agree. People need to realise this. It might take more than 1 year to fix this. "Quick fixes" aren't the solution. Build from the back, which it seems we are doing.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Dont think he said 10 goals in league. So 10 goals in all competitions is not out of reach, especially when we will playing few poor teams in Europa league, league cups, FA cup.
No he didn't, but for example 2 goals in a 5-0 third round League Cup game don't really contribute to anything apart from his further development. Agree that 10 goals in all competitions is achievable if he's regularly starting/playing, but imo it's the PL that counts so that's where you'll be needing goals from somewhere (although I think Rashford could easily score 20 on his own).

I don't think we are relying on him as such but he looks a special talent and the position we are currently in it makes sense to give him some minutes rather than waste large amounts of money on players who don't necessarily fancy being at the club.

I think it's a breath of fresh air and I'm more than happy if it helps us move forward and develop our own players. As Ole has said it's a long term project so little steps and all.
Yeah agreed, always great to see a young academy talent breaking through.

MUFC OK

Just sign him, pay what his agent wants, all will be forgotten if he's class.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No he didn't, but for example 2 goals in a 5-0 third round League Cup game don't really contribute to anything apart from his further development. Agree that 10 goals in all competitions is achievable if he's regularly starting/playing, but imo it's the PL that counts so that's where you'll be needing goals from somewhere (although I think Rashford could easily score 20 on his own).
Yeah, same as 2 goals in 5-0 win against some relegation teams also won't add much. We need attackers to play in all competitions and if Greenwood can get around 10 goals then it will be a successful season.

Out attackers have barely scored 10 league goals, so doubt we will be relying on (or believe) 17 year old to get 10 goals in PL alone.

I agree we need goals and about time players like Rashford, Martial take up the responsibilities of goal scoring as this season they will play many games. We need contributions from every outfield player, like Lingard, Mata, Pogba, James and everyone with Rashford and Martial leading the goalscoring charts.

Andersons Dietician

He doesn't want to come to Utd.
At this point who knows what the truth is because new reports are saying he had agreed to go to United on 300k but a company owns his imagine rights and they want a 15 mil payment on top of what it’s already costing us for Dybala.

Hence why United have walked away as they refuse to pay that payment. Supposedly all in the deal was 108mil. Can’t see Spurs stretching to those sorts of fees either.

I actually think we’ve hit our 150mil summer spend limit and when it was a swap with Lukaku it was all good but now these extra fees mean we won’t be able to fluff up the books so it looks all shiny for the shareholders.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
At this point who knows what the truth is because new reports are saying he had agreed to go to United on 300k but a company owns his imagine rights and they want a 15 mil payment on top of what it’s already costing us for Dybala.
Well we will find out for sure if he does come to Spurs (which I still refuse to believe will happen).

MUFC OK

He doesn't want to come to Utd, neither does Eriksen apparently.
I'm sure he'll love the financial package levy is putting together, plus there's the agents fee being demanded. If you sign him, fair play.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku will end up at Inter it seems, they are back in and agents meeting in London. It's almost embarrassing that some italian sources still bang on about Utd and Dybala, even after Utds brief. Key point was that Utd weren't convinced the player actually wanted to join, which we all read from various places that he didnt.... and now? Eriksen, exact same. Quite clear to me anyway that Utd are not going to aim for the mega star signings to solve problems and sign them no matter what, they want players who want to play for you, and hopefully of a younger age. Right now i dont think Utd will sign anyone else. My money would have been on Longstaff but for £50m you'd have been robbed blind

manunited1919

No Dybala. No Eriksen. No Bruno.
Who cares, we will be giving youth player Lingard plenty of minutes.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
No Dybala. No Eriksen. No Bruno.
Who cares, we will be giving youth player Lingard plenty of minutes.
Dybala didn’t want to come here, so why sign him and end up with another di Maria? Have you learnt nothing?

Eriksen likewise. Have we even made a concrete offer for Bruno? All the talk seems to have come out of Portugal, not united.

Status
Not open for further replies.