Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If that's true then Sarri will just tell him he doesn't want Lukaku but the club are pushing it. Dybala will then just say he's not leaving and Sarri will ease him back into the team.
Very highly doubt that Sarri will go against the owners, seeing as he's pretty much only just started. Even if he didn't want Lukaku, he'd most probably go along with what the owners/higher ups wanted. Last thing he'd want is to have friction with his bosses.

My guess is, if he's going down that route is to tell him that the situation is out of his hands, and whilst he'd like to keep everyone happy, sacrifices have to be made and there is no way he's going to be able to fit him into the current squad and it's in his best interests to seek out playing elsewhere. Absolves himself of the responsibility and keeps the management happy at the same time.

MalcolmTucker

A lot of people saying 'If Dybala wasn't keen to come then his agent wouldn't be in London trying to sort out a deal'

Di Maria actually moved to us and still didn't want to be here.

Not saying he isn't keen, I have no idea, but I see some desperate logic flying around this thread.

Eddy_JukeZ

A lot of people saying 'If Dybala wasn't keen to come then his agent wouldn't be in London trying to sort out a deal'

Not saying he isn't keen, I have no idea, but I see some desperate logic flying around this thread.
Not everyone is a Di Maria.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If that's true then Sarri will just tell him he doesn't want Lukaku but the club are pushing it. Dybala will then just say he's not leaving and Sarri will ease him back into the team.
Yeah, assuming there is any truth in that, that's a real possibility with him trying to push back into the team.

But, as some people said, if he is so eager to stay, no really point in forcing it also.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’ve said it earlier in this thread but there is no way it gets to the point of deal agreed between the two clubs and agent in the UK without Dybala giving the go ahead to negotiate. If he says no now then the whole world will know he doesn’t want to play for us and while Ed Woodward is inept at many things, there’s no way he commits commercial Hari-Kiri like that. No way.

also as others have said, it’s not like Juve would just offer him to us and not tell him
Yeah I think you’re right. The whole thing seems very backwards. Why waste time on negotiations if the player gets the last say and could potentially scupper a week’s work?

Surely has to get the go ahead from Dybala. However, it may be a case of reporting back to Dybala what the offer/salary is and if it’s not good enough, then it’s a no.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think the AdM comparisons are blown out of proportion. Yes he didn't wanted to be here but he still preformed initially. It was the manager that made him throw up completely. He always mentioned that it didn't work out because of the manager.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I think the AdM comparisons are blown out of proportion. Yes he didn't wanted to be here but he still preformed initially. It was the manager that made him throw up completely. He always mentioned that it didn't work out because of the manager.
He also got burgled a few times didn’t he?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

Every Argentinian player is Di Maria.

Jacob

Di Maria wouldn't have moved if he wasn't keen. He got upset with the way he was used. The Manchester setting didn't help the illiterate ratface to settle I suppose.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah I think you’re right. The whole thing seems very backwards. Why waste time on negotiations if the player gets the last say and could potentially scupper a week’s work?

Surely has to get the go ahead from Dybala. However, it may be a case of reporting back to Dybala whatvthe offer/salary is and if it’s not good enough, then it’s a no.
Thats the point of negotiations. He's obviously going to start out at an unreasonable asking price and we're going to offer our lowest. From there, we'll likely work out a compromise and settle on a wage etc. It's a painstaking process i'd imagine, filled with back and forths and lots of mulling it over etc.

He'd likely know that we'd reject his first wage request and is prepared for that, and i think we know that he'd reject our first wage offer. That it's a case of let the games begin.

Suedesi

I'm cooling off on Dybala. It's clear he's not keen on the PL and United. He'd rather be in Paris. Feels like a ADM MK2.

MalcolmTucker

Every Argentinian player is Di Maria.
I didn't mention anything about him being Argentinian.

Di Maria wouldn't have moved if he wasn't keen. He got upset with the way he was used. The Manchester setting didn't help the illiterate ratface to settle I suppose.
I seem to remember him saying he wanted to stay but was forced out (thus analogous to Dybala) and also that he would have preferred to have gone to PSG. Didn't he/his wife complain about the weather in Manchester as well?

I'm hoping he buys into Ole's plans, becomes a revelation in the number 10/false 9 role and spares us another year of Lingard running pointlessly and Mata getting pushed off the ball but I can also see him being too passive for our high-intensity play if his heart is not into it. Here's hoping it's the former rather than the latter. Either way swapping Lukaku for Dybala would be a touch (and not a Lukaku one)

Suedesi

Speak to him today did you?
I don't want break any forum rules replying to your snarky sentence, but all Italian journalists are saying that he's the impasse in the deal being done, that Dybala is being forced out of Juve and that he'd prefer PSG as destination? Capisce stronzo?

izec

I don't want break any forum rules replying to your snarky sentence, but all Italian journalists are saying that he's the impasse in the deal being done, that Dybala is being forced out of Juve and that he'd prefer PSG as destination? Capisce stronzo?
Only one journo said he would prefer PSG, and it is the least reputable one. PSGr are not even in for him at this point and who knows if they ever will

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The 300k is gross, so it's actually about 150k, which isn't bad for a player like him. Even the 420k is 210k net
we still pay the 300k, as would any other team. We would still be putting him on a wage hat meant we could not sell him if things don't work out and we have far to many players like that.

Alemar

But this is life. Perhaps the vast majority of bankers would have preferred to work for Goldman Sachs or Morgan Stanley, yet only a very small fraction of those actually does (and all the rest work for less prestigious banks)

RedNed77

"My intention was always to stay at Madrid. I don't really know what happened on the inside of the deal - these are things that representatives deal with. It happens in football.
My move to PSG could have happened before this summer but it didn't for financial reasons and I ended up going to United. In the summer I had the chance to go there again and I could not say no."

Asked why his move to United turned sour, Di Maria said: "I started very well but then I had problems with people at the club, I started being left on the bench, then my home was robbed. It all just made me want to get out of there as quickly as possible."

I think its fair to say he wasn't keen.

Suedesi

Only one journo said he would prefer PSG, and it is the least reputable one. PSGr are not even in for him at this point and who knows if they ever will
PSG are not for him, that's why he's not on a plane to Paris. Similar to ADM when he was forced out of Madrid, PSG sat that transfer out and came back a year later.

podurban2

Most players would today. If we were to base our transfer dealings on who doesn’t want to play for Barca/Real/PSG rather than us we would be in a very sticky situation. Not every person is a Di Maria.

izec

PSG are not for him, that's why he's not on a plane to Paris. Similar to ADM when he was forced out of Madrid, PSG sat that transfer out and came back a year later.
With Di maria, PSG were in for him, bit couldnt afford him. But they already contacted the player and all. PSG arent in for Dybala at all. Di Maria already wanted the move to PSG, because there was real and concrete interest, which doesnt exist here

Suedesi

But this is life. Perhaps the vast majority of bankers would have preferred to work for Goldman Sachs or Morgan Stanley, yet only a very small fraction of those actually does (and all the rest work for less prestigious banks)
He can stay put at Juve I suppose.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm slightly surprised that Dybala fancies a move to us, seems like a step back in his career. Unless it's about money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’ve said it earlier in this thread but there is no way it gets to the point of deal agreed between the two clubs and agent in the UK without Dybala giving the go ahead to negotiate. If he says no now then the whole world will know he doesn’t want to play for us and while Ed Woodward is inept at many things, there’s no way he commits commercial Hari-Kiri like that. No way.

also as others have said, it’s not like Juve would just offer him to us and not tell him
Yep. It all seems very standard. Club agrees deal with another club. Player was on vacation and is just returning so presumably wants to have one final meeting with the new manager/director to get a full understanding there and then will go on to agree a deal with the other club. They would not have bothered flying over and agreeing a deal if Dybala himself wasn't fine with United as the outcome, but he probably still wants a full understanding of what his role would be at Juve (you can't blame him there). Di Marzio said as much, and said that tomorrow he'll train and meet with them, and then from there we should see all the progress in the coming days.

It could yet fall through, but I'd imagine the only ways it falls through would be that Dybala decides he wants to stay and fight for his place regardless of them not seeing him as a key player anymore, or the slight chance that PSG sell Neymar/agree a deal with someone in the next few days and then go all out for Dybala (and then it'd be United vs PSG for him).

Alemar

He can stay put at Juve I suppose.
And be punished by the club hierarchy for breaking the deal they wanted. It would mean less or no playing time, no new contract, negative media coverage and many other things. He would then lose a place in his national team, have less leverage to negotiate contract with another club in the future and simply waste his talent.

Mainoldo

I'm slightly surprised that Dybala fancies a move to us, seems like a step back in his career. Unless it's about money.
Step back? He's a season away from being a potential talent who has failed to live up to early hype. He needs the move.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Why would dybala and his agent make the move to united if he didn't want to come at all? Fair enough he doesn't want to leave Juve but things aren't panning out that way for him with Sarri at the helm. He's being welcomed into Old Trafford with open arms and will be a prominent player.

If his agent was anyway decent he wouldn't just move his client for the sake of moving him and picking up commission. I'm also sure United will be asking the same questions we are all asking about what sort of motivation he has to join us. After all, I belive these things are like a job interview where the agent and player have to convince the buyer that they want to join. Only my opinion on it being an interview, not sure really how it all happens.

Shark

@NotShark
It’s only a step back if he doesn’t perform and help get us back to the top. That’s the whole point in signing top players surely? We’re still a much bigger club than Juventus and always will be.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Presumably it's to be a key player. In terms of history, club prestige, etc., Juve is a massive club as well just like United (not the same scale, but not a massive difference tbh), but it's all in the role he has at the club. Same with Lukaku here. He wants to leave to be a starter, not a squad player. He was a key player at Juventus for 3 seasons and had 3 terrific seasons, then they signed Ronaldo and he just doesn't have as important of a role and is part of the supporting cast now who has to sacrifice his normal game to get the best out of Ronaldo. Sarri himself said that Ronaldo is the one player who will have the freedom in his system, while the other 10 will be very system reliant players (like how Mertens was at Napoli under him and Hazard at Chelsea).

Suedesi

With Di maria, PSG were in for him, bit couldnt afford him. But they already contacted the player and all. PSG arent in for Dybala at all. Di Maria already wanted the move to PSG, because there was real and concrete interest, which doesnt exist here
Yes they are, he's been talked about as a potential / eventual Neymar substitute (I read Italian/Juve news regularly) since June.

If Neymar goes, PSG would move for Dybala. So the Lukaku swap is a bit of a surprise to everyone including the player's camp.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It’s only a step back if he doesn’t perform and help get us back to the top. That’s the whole point in signing top players surely? We’re still a much bigger club than Juventus and always will be.
Yeah but not at the moment and probably not for the foreseeable future. Juve are building a great team whilst we are at the bottom of a big long climb back to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.