Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm slightly surprised that Dybala fancies a move to us, seems like a step back in his career. Unless it's about money.
Thing is, hypothetically, if we add Dybala and Maguire to the team we're only really one good RW away from being a really good team.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
So at what point do you pay the wages necessary to bring in top level players?
you pay them up to a level where if things don't work out a player could be moved on, if you are paying them over what they could earn at another club, then its too much.

If we offered Dybala 300k a week he would be the joint second highest earner in the league behind Sanchez and level with Ozil.

Dybala is a really talanted player, but he hasn't quite become the world class player people thought he would a few years back, and can be quite inconsistent. Put a player like that, who has never played in the premier league, on a wage that would make him really hard to move on is not a good idea.

Suedesi

And be punished by the club hierarchy for breaking the deal they wanted. It would mean less or no playing time, no new contract, negative media coverage and many other things. He would then lose a place in his national team, have less leverage to negotiate contract with another club in the future and simply waste his talent.
That's why he wants to talk to Sarri first and foremost - and no I don't think it would be that bad, deals fail all the time, players don't get written off because of a transfer deal failure.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Dybala is a really talanted player, but he hasn't quite become the world class player people thought he would a few years back, and can be quite inconsistent. Put a player like that, who has never played in the premier league, on a wage that would make him really hard to move on is not a good idea.
He was scoring 20+ goals each year for 3 years before Ronaldo came in. That’s pretty consistent. Also age is on his side. Same with Di Maria. He was on high wages and we moved him.

LJJT

I’m a bit nervous about this he’s a big gamble. Seems a quality player but feels like if he joins us it’s just cos he has little choice and we offer big money. Also I’m not sure he’s physically or mentally suited to the prem. can he do it on a cold wet Wednesday night ?

Cantonaaa!

Why would dybala and his agent make the move to united if he didn't want to come at all? Fair enough he doesn't want to leave Juve but things aren't panning out that way for him with Sarri at the helm. He's being welcomed into Old Trafford with open arms and will be a prominent player.

If his agent was anyway decent he wouldn't just move his client for the sake of moving him and picking up commission. I'm also sure United will be asking the same questions we are all asking about what sort of motivation he has to join us. After all, I belive these things are like a job interview where the agent and player have to convince the buyer that they want to join. Only my opinion on it being an interview, not sure really how it all happens.
Fairly certain he doesn't have an agent per se. His brother is his 'agent' and another person takes care of his commercial stuff.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thing is, if he doesn't want to come then we don't want him anyway and if he does then we do. Win win.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
My biggest worry is he's South American. Look at our history of South Americans.

Tevez- Fantastic but went to City so traitor
Heinze -Shit and went to Liverpool
Posibon- Who?
Henriquez -Who?
Varela-Who?
Kleberson- Rubbish
Fabio- Rubbish
Forlan- Rubbish
Falcoa- Rubbish
Anderson- Rubbish
Veron- Rubbish
Fred- Hmmmmmmmm

Rojo -Hit
Rafael- Great
Valencia-Great

Di Maria- Utter low life piece of shshhshshhshshhshshshshhsh!!!

Now i really want Dybala but don't say we weren't warned.
Wtf you on about?

RDCR07

Then he had such an off season the Juve are prepared to ship him out.
He didn’t have such an off-season. Everything revolves around Ronaldo. Different manager. Different system. Different players. They have a ton of midfielders now. This is the same situation with Mata at Chelsea when Mou took over. Wasn’t he player of the year for them and he is shipped out the minute Mourinho walks in?

Infra-red

Think of all the times you've watched Lingard play for United in the last two years. Now imagine it was Dybala instead. It's an enormous upgrade (if it happens).

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
My biggest worry is he's South American. Look at our history of South Americans.

Posibon- Who?
Henriquez -Who?
Varela-Who?
Kleberson- Rubbish
Fabio- Rubbish
Forlan- Rubbish
Falcoa- Rubbish
Anderson- Rubbish
Veron- Rubbish
Fred- Hmmmmmmmm

Rojo -Hit
Rafael- Great
Valencia-Great

What a poor and uneducated post.

Heinze never went to Liverpool, but he was a good player for us just not as good as the player who replaced him in Evra.
Fabio played in the CL final vs Barcelona and was on an upward trajectory under SAF.
Forlan was a hit for the Liverpool goals alone.
Anderson scored in the 2008 CL final shootout, he can have the benefit of the doubt for the rest of his time stealing a living here.
Veron was a great player for us especially in the CL, he just wasn't suited to the PL.

Dybala is more talented than every player on that list, only arguably Veron was more so. A player of Dybala's talent is a risk worth taking because he is much better than what we already have. I would rather see him than Martial, Mata, Lingard and at the moment Rashford as he is too selfish.

Last edited:

Alemar

Think of all the times you've watched Lingard play for United in the last two years. Now imagine it was Dybala instead. It's an enormous upgrade (if it happens).
Enormous is an understatement. It’s minimum a 20 goals a season upgrade. And a statement of intent too - it will help attract/keep other top players (whereas Lingard does exactly the opposite)

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He didn’t have such an off-season. Everything revolves around Ronaldo. Different manager. Different system. Different players. They have a ton of midfielders now. This is the same situation with Mata at Chelsea when Mou took over. Wasn’t he player of the year for them and he is shipped out the minute Mourinho walks in?
He had a fairly off season last year, he certainly didn't play like a player we should make the joint second highest paid player in the premier league.

Im not agaisnt signing Dybala I think he is a good player, who I would like us to have in our team, but I'm agaisnt paying him a wage that means its unlikely to shift him. You only should do somthing like that if some one is world class one of a kind talent. and that isn't Dybala.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Fairly certain he doesn't have an agent per se. His brother is his 'agent' and another person takes care of his commercial stuff.
Surely that would mean even his brother wouldn't stiff him in a move to United if Dybala really didn't want it.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
What a poor and uneducated post.

Heinze was a good player for us just not as good as the player who replaced him in Evra.
Fabio played in the CL final vs Barcelona and was on an upward trajectory under SAF.
Forlan was a hit for the Liverpool goals alone.
Anderson scored in the 2008 CL final shootout, he can have the benefit of the doubt for the rest of his time stealing a living here.
Veron was a great player for us especially in the CL, he just wasn't suited to the PL.

Dybala is more talented than every player on that list, only arguably Veron was more so. A player of Dybala's talent is a risk worth taking because he is much better than what we already have. I would rather see him than Martial, Mata, Lingard and at the moment Rashford as he is too selfish.
He certainly didn't play for Liverpool..Uneducated is an understatement!!

RDCR07

He had a fairly off season last year, he certainly didn't play like a player we should make the joint second highest paid player in the premier league.

Im nit agaisnt signing Dybala I think he is a good player, who I would like us to have in our team, but I'm agaisnt paying him a wage that means its unlikely to shift him. You only should do somthing like that if some one is world class one of a kind talent. and that isn't Dybala.
He didn’t play like his usual self cause he was played out of position. That matters. He isn’t a winger. If you push him out right even he comes here it’s gonna be the same. He won’t be effective. Just think of Martial. He is a winger but if you switch him to the right he isn’t the same. Same with Dybala. In fact it’s worse. At least Martial is a winger. You take a #10/SS and play him out wide how could you possibly expect the same consistency?

Fox outside the box

you pay them up to a level where if things don't work out a player could be moved on, if you are paying them over what they could earn at another club, then its too much.

If we offered Dybala 300k a week he would be the joint second highest earner in the league behind Sanchez and level with Ozil.

Fair points but if he didn't work out and he wanted away because he was miserable, we'd had another poor couple of seasons and still struggling, I imagine he would shift to another team and accept a lower wage. With transfer fees and wages rising as well, I don't think he'd be impossible to part ways with and at 27, I don't imagine he would want to sit and not play at a club where it hasn't worked out.

There's also the chance he does really well and plays an important part in us having a few good seasons to come. If he was 28 or 29 I would totally agree, but it would be an exciting signing and help play a part in giving everyone more optimism that this season will be better than last.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why tomorrow? Have I missed any vital news today or is this just wishful thinking? :lol:
Tomorrow should be progress in terms of having final talks with Juve, and then we'd likely meet with him or something to iron out his contract and get that signed the following day/on the weekend, then since United always do it we have to have a super dramatic announcement video and all that, have a friendly on Saturday, so likely any announcement would be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday next week, but we'd hear stuff through Di Marzio probably with updates.

Jonno

Posibon- Who?
Henriquez -Who?
Varela-Who?
Kleberson- Rubbish
Fabio- Rubbish
Forlan- Rubbish
Falcoa- Rubbish
Anderson- Rubbish
Veron- Rubbish
Fred- Hmmmmmmmm

Rojo -Hit
Rafael- Great
Valencia-Great

CodeRed or CodeWum?

Andy_Cole

For the past 5 seasons as an average, how many forwards have been as good as or better than Dybala?

Messi
Ronaldo
Hazard
Neymar
Griezmann
Suarez
Aguero
Lewandowski

Is that it?

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Why tomorrow? Have I missed any vital news today or is this just wishful thinking? :lol:
Been reported that there’s a meeting tomorrow with Dybala and Juve president.

I imagine he tell him he’s ok to leave or if he wants to say.

I also imagine it won’t be long now before whatever happens in that meeting to get out.

If he wants to go and tells them that tomorrow then it’s really just fininlzing the deal.

Chillosophy

Tomorrow should be progress in terms of having final talks with Juve, and then we'd likely meet with him or something to iron out his contract and get that signed the following day/on the weekend, then since United always do it we have to have a super dramatic announcement video and all that, have a friendly on Saturday, so likely any announcement would be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday next week, but we'd hear stuff through Di Marzio probably with updates.

Think it’s also that we had initially given Inter a deadline of Thursday to complete any deal.
Cheers. I for one would be extremely happy with Paulo even though he's south american:confused::houllier:, he would have an immediate impact on our ability to break down teams.

Suedesi

Here's a good article from an Italian paper:

Paulo Dybala doesn't want to leave Juve. But Juve have decided to sell him. And he is close to a deal with Manchester United, with or without Romelu Lukaku. That's why the Argentine must in any case listen to the Red Devils, before saying yes or no. In fact, one of his trusted men, Jorge Antun, arrived in England in the last few hours. He was usually taking care of his commercial interests but is now appointed by the Dybala family to start negotiations with United.

Dybala's position at the moment hasn't changed. On Thursday he will be in Turin and he will immediately want a direct meeting with Maurizio Sarri, despite the fact that the club has discarded him. The Premier League has never been his ambition (project/dream) and he would like to stay at Juve and eventually wait and see for something different to develop on the international market, whether it's PSG or one of the great clubs from Spain. In the meantime, Jorgen Antun has flown to London to listen to the United's technical and economic proposal. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a big fan of him, and United's offering a higher engagement than he currently receives at Juve. But for now all this may not be enough.

The fact that Antun is in conversation with United is further confirmation of how close the agreement is between the clubs. Whether it's a straight swap with Lukaku or a swap and cash (of about 15 million) or it could be a straight Dybala sale to Old Trafford without Lukaku moving the other way. Juve has decided to get rid of the player, Dybala's signature is missing. His response could affect the market in half of Italy.

Cantonagotmehere

I'm slightly surprised that Dybala fancies a move to us, seems like a step back in his career. Unless it's about money.
I think many on here underestimate what United can offer players. Yes more money but also a huge media presence, notoriety, etc... and as we see in football things can change quickly. I know many on here think we 'suck' and will 'suck for a long time but not everyone in the world of football thinks that way.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The Premier League has never been his ambition (project/dream) and he would like to stay at Juve and eventually wait and see for something different to develop on the international market, whether it's PSG or one of the great clubs from Spain
How exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.