g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Here's another good summary from La Stampa:

The eternal challenge between Inter and Juventus is inflaming the market. The two clubs do not seem to spare themselves provocations and mischief. Linked to a timeless rivalry, the two clubs only challenge each other for the biggest prizes, and this is exacerbated by the presence on both fronts of Beppe Marotta at Inter and his former pupil Fabio Paratici at Juve.

The two clubs now encircle Romelu Lukaku, Antonio Conte's main transfer objective, valued at 85 million by Manchester United and therefore considered unattainable by Inter, but closer to Juventus that can make a swap with Paulo Dybala. The advantage rests with Juve but twists and turns are not excluded from here until August 8 when the transfer market closes for the Premier League.

Dybala would not want to leave Turin, he had communicated this to the club hierarchy and he was hurt learning that he was on the market. In reality, Juve simply evaluates any bids received for any of its attackers, except Ronaldo who's untouchable. If Dybala had to move, he wouldn't have dreamt of the Premier League, which is too physical for his characteristics, he would definitely prefer La Liga. But there is a glimmer of hope, so much so that his agent Jorge Antun flew to London yesterday to discuss with United's top management of the Red Devils, who are willing to offer 8 million per year (the request is for 10).

[Since this Italian source, we are talking ANNUAL, EUROS and NET).

Inter, which has offered 60 million for Lukaku - with the idea to go up to 70 million, has frozen negotiations - at least temporarily - and has diverted its gaze towards Edinson Cavani of Paris Saint-Germain, whose contract will expire in June 2020. Nasser Al-Khelaifi's club is asking for 50 million EUROS, a more affordable figure, but the Uruguayan earns 14 million per season in France and Inter are willing to go up to 10 million.

So far, so good. However, the issue remains Dybala's signature. The Argentine, expected tomorrow at the Continassa, before saying the last word wants to meet Maurizio Sarri and reaffirm his full willingness to play the "false nine" role. That's why, in this Milan-Turin-Manchester entanglement we must not exclude further surprises. Inter, pressed by Conte, who has no strikers and is aware of how hard it is to fill the gap ("In Italy there is a team called Juventus that has built so much and behind them it's Napoli, we Inter want to join the fray" said Conte a few days ago), is also looking towards Edin Dzeko: however, Roma has not responded to Inter because Roma is waiting to meet the entourage of Gonzalo Higuain, who is seen as first choice in case Dzeko departs.

This, however, is another story, parallel to the mystery novel intrigue in which Lukaku and Dybala are the main actors. Yet another story involves Mauro Icardi, another striker destined to set petroleum to the fire between Inter and Juventus: Icardi is unwanted by Conte, but Juve want him and so does Napoli. The price set is 80 million: no discounts, unless Dybala refuses United and decides to wear Inter's jersey.

Dante

Average bang
By the sounds of things, he doesn't fancy either United or England. He can do one.

The reason Argentines often fail at English clubs is because they don't see us long-respected institutions the way they see Real, Barca, Milan and Juve. In Argentina, we're closer to the MLS or China in terms of prestige, ie. a chance to become a salaryman rather than a legend.

Obviously, there are exceptions (Aguero being the main one), but it feels as though Argentines are more likely to balk at the magnitude and history of English clubs when compared to Spanish/Italian clubs. I'm sure there are historical reasons for it, but spelling them out in this post isn't really on topic.

As far as Dybala is concerned, I don't want a player who's less than 100% commited. Hell, I don't even want a player who's less than 110% commited. Ole's biggest challenge is to change our attitude and desire on the pitch, because the talent is already there. The last thing we need is a bad apple spoiling the bunch.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
By the sounds of things, he doesn't fancy either United or England. He can do one.
Hard to get away from this point for me, questions over tactics aside. I’ll always remember the massive grin on van Persie’s face after we signed him, the guy was clearly where he’d always wanted to be.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

The reason Argentines often fail at English clubs is because they don't see us long-respected institutions the way they see Real, Barca, Milan and Juve. In Argentina, we're closer to the MLS or China in terms of prestige, ie. a chance to become a salaryman rather than a legend.

Obviously, there are exceptions (Aguero being the main one), but it feels as though Argentines are more likely to balk at the magnitude and history of English clubs when compared to Spanish/Italian clubs. I'm sure there are historical reasons for it, but spelling them out in this post isn't really on topic.

As far as Dybala is concerned, I don't want a player who's less than 100% commited. Hell, I don't even want a player who's less than 110% commited.
Are you just butt hurt that some players don’t consider United to be the biggest club in the world? As far as your last sentence, keep looking cause you ain’t going to find many. It’s a salaried job for players. Don’t expect them to think like fans and support clubs like fans.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

As far as Dybala is concerned, I don't want a player who's less than 100% commited. Hell, I don't even want a player who's less than 110% commited. Ole's biggest challenge is to change our attitude and desire on the pitch, because the talent is already there. The last thing we need is a bad apple spoiling the bunch.
Totally agree.

wr8_utd

:'(

We already got those in our team. If we do have to play with players who are less than 100% committed, I rather they be Dybala than Jesse Lingard.

AKDevil

Bad vibe about this one, coupled with the wage demand stories from tonight. We need to be strong and swerve this one. Dembele and Ben Yedder are other options Solskjaer is also keen on. Go for them!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hmmm... I remember the last time we signed someone that didn't really want to be here.

What a complete load of BS - never read anything like it.

There’s a reason clubs like Utd (and Liverpool :p) can sign fantastic players even when they are going through rough patches - and that’s history and prestige. You obviously have no comprehension about history, Utd winning the European Cup in 1968 etc.

I going to have to stop myself writing more as it’s not worth it, as you have written one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on the Caf, and that’s really saying something.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Seems a massive risk of another Sanchez/Di Maria/Mata type flop to me, round peg for a square hole and probably doesn't want to be here. As long as it's not at the expense of sorting centre back and centre midfield fair enough. Sticking him in an average team that's flimsy at the back and in midfield and hoping for him a to be a hero is asking for trouble.

Dante

Average bang
For the past 5 seasons as an average, how many forwards have been as good as or better than Dybala?

Messi
Ronaldo
Hazard
Neymar
Griezmann
Suarez
Aguero
Lewandowski

Is that it?
Dybala has 70 goals and 35 assists.

Lukaku has 81 goals 24 assists.

So Lukaku has been as good as Dybala in a stronger league whilst playing for weaker/less dominant teams.

redshaw

You know what he meant. He was a hero in his first season then a villain by the end. Tevez was absolutely fantastic for us and then a villain for years after. Di Maria is a villain now too. Definitely theme with Argentine players for us. Still means nothing but is quite strange.
Heinze lost his place to Evra and Tevez wanted more games but the boss said no. Two top players who then decided to move on. Di Maria, we should never have bought the sod, he was pining for PSG and to live in Paris. The club took a stupid risk hoping we could turn his head.

So really not strange at all.

Tevez and Heinze gave their all when playing. After the Heinze Liverpool drama, Fergie speaks well of him, it's just we weren't going to sell to our rivals which Heinze understands now but reasonable he didn't at the time. Just one big English club to another for an Argentinean pro footballer.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
What a complete load of BS - never read anything like it.

There’s a reason clubs like Utd (and Liverpool :p) can sign fantastic players even when they are going through rough patches - and that’s history and prestige. You obviously have no comprehension about history, Utd winning the European Cup in 1968 etc.

I going to have to stop myself writing more as it’s not worth it, as you have written one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on the Caf, and that’s really saying something.
Why does Dybala not want to come to United? Why did Heinze not care about going to Liverpool? Why did Tevez see nothing wrong in going to City? Why did di Maria not give a shit whilst he was here?

I don't think you've understood what I was wrote. That might be why you've never read anything like it.

They're so desperate they'll probably throw in Dybala, Matuidi and some money for Lukaku soon. I want to have some of what they're smoking in Turin.
Do you think we can push our luck and try and chuck in Rojo or Darmian as part of the deal? Maybe that would just be taking the piss too much.

izec

Seems a massive risk of another Sanchez/Di Maria/Mata type flop to me, round peg for a square hole and probably doesn't want to be here. As long as it's not at the expense of sorting centre back and centre midfield fair enough.
Difference is we have a manager who has a plan on how to use him. Mata was a panic buy, Alexis is past it and Di Maria was the anti van Gaal player. Dybala is suited to Ole and us doing this deal isnt because of Ed, but Ole pushing hard for it

Andy_Cole

So Lukaku has been as good as Dybala in a stronger league whilst playing for weaker/less dominant teams.
You're right, Lukaku is one of them. However it just hasn't worked for us. He doesn't suit us. Hopefully Dybala will.

RDCR07

Bad vibe about this one, coupled with the wage demand stories from tonight. We need to be strong and swerve this one. Dembele and Ben Yedder are other options Solskjaer is also keen on. Go for them!
Yep let’s sign a player who is turning 29 in 10 days and who Dybala has scored more and assisted more in 3 of the last 4 seasons. And I think Dembele has outscored him once in the past four years as well. Also these are #9s you are comparing him to. He is a secondary striker outscoring main forwards around Europe.

Zed 101

Difference is we have a manager who has a plan on how to use him. Mata was a panic buy, Alexis is past it and Di Maria was the anti van Gaal player. Dybala is suited to Ole and us doing this deal isnt because of Ed, but Ole pushing hard for it
I would actually suspect that this is less of an Ole deal and more of an opportunity too good to miss, in order to make the best value of an asset (Lukaku)

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Hmmm... I remember the last time we signed someone that didn't really want to be here.
I also remember about 20+ transfers post Fergie who were quite shit whether the player wanted a move or not, so there wasn't any difference from that point of view.

We can make it work if we he feels valued in the club while thriving in Ole system. I doubt Aguero ever thought he will stay practically his whole career in City.

Jonno

take a look at the difference in types of goals though, practically all of Lukakus are simple poacher goals that require a very specific style of play. Dybalas are often out of nothing and mostly top drawer

exactly what we need

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure we should buy to much into the whole 'he doesn't want to leave Juventus' narrative. This is a quote from his agent back in May

"There is a big chance that Paulo will leave Turin, he needs a change,” Gustavo Dybala told Radio Impacto show Futbolemico.

"I can’t say where he’ll go, but there is a strong chance Paulo will leave.

“He was very comfortable in Italy but he isn't any more – like many other Juventus players."

The writing has been on the wall for Dybala leaving Juventus for a while now

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Worth the risk in my opinion.
Not every player has the mentality of Di Maria.

Other players... Sneidjer, Robben etc have been moved on when they didn't want to and did just fine.

Dante

Average bang
Are you just butt hurt that some players don’t consider United to be the biggest club in the world? As far as your last sentence, keep looking cause you ain’t going to find many. It’s a salaried job for players. Don’t expect them to think like fans and support clubs like fans.
Butt hurt? What are you on about? I don't give a shit if Dybala doesn't care about United. I just don't want him to sign for us if that's the case.

Why does Dybala not want to come to United? Why did Heinze not care about going to Liverpool? Why did Tevez see nothing wrong in going to City?

I don't think you've understood what I was wrote. That might be why you've never read anything like it.
How do you know Dybala doesn’t want to go to Utd? Lots of players have gone from Utd to City. Michael Owen risked loosing his legendary status to play at Utd. What’s nationality got to do with it?

Alan Smith who openly said he hated Man Utd joined us from Leeds.

A lot of Argentinian players have failed at Utd, but let’s not tar everyone with the same brush.

You compared the PL to China or the MLS FFS, that’s just batshit crazy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Heinze lost his place to Evra and Tevez wanted more games but the boss said no. Two top players who then decided to move on. Di Maria, we should never have bought the sod, he was pining for PSG and to live in Paris. The club took a stupid risk hoping we could turn his head.

So really not strange at all.
Come off it. I can’t think of 3 ex players who United fans are as toxic towards.

AKDevil

Yep let’s sign a player who is turning 29 in 10 days and who Dybala has scored more and assisted more in 3 of the last 4 seasons. And I think Dembele has outscored him once in the past four years as well. Also these are #9s you are comparing him to. He is a secondary striker outscoring main forwards around Europe.
And he wants £350k and doesn't want to come here. The alternatives won't cost as much or demand as much (for a reason) but Solskjaer must view them as good enough otherwise he wouldn't want them and if they actually wanted to be at the club I'd prefer them to Dybala. We have to learn from Sanchez (overpaying) and Di Maria (signing a player who doesn't want to join).

Dante

Average bang
We already got those in our team. If we do have to play with players who are less than 100% committed, I rather they be Dybala than Jesse Lingard.
A team of 11 Jessie Lingards who would die for the shirt would beat a team 11 Dybalas who don't particularly give a shit.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Where the feck does it say anywhere that Dybala doesn’t want to be here ??

People are running with this stupid, fake narrative as if they have inside sources. He’s just having a tough time accepting the reality that Juvé no longer want him. I bet he’s shocked and wants first hand confirmation that’s all.

That in no way means he does not want to join United or is disinterested ffs.

RDCR07

Butt hurt? What are you on about? I don't give a shit if Dybala doesn't care about United. I just don't want him to sign for us if that's the case.
Not many players “care” about United man. Especially foreign. Even Maguire hasn’t come out and said voluntarily he wants to move to United. And he is English. Players go where the money is. It’s a job for them like how 9-5 is a job for us. Wherever you are working if your competitor gives you more money you will most likely move. Are you going to be talking about loyalty then?

Zed 101

And he wants £350k and doesn't want to come here. The alternatives won't cost as much or demand as much (for a reason) but Solskjaer must view them as good enough otherwise he wouldn't want them and if they actually wanted to be at the club I'd prefer them to Dybala. We have to learn from Sanchez (overpaying) and Di Maria (signing a player who doesn't want to join).
Worst case scenario are we worse off that if we keep Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.