g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
take a look at the difference in types of goals though, practically all of Lukakus are simple poacher goals that require a very specific style of play. Dybalas are often out of nothing and mostly top drawer

exactly what we need
They were in Serie A. Middle drawer at best.

wr8_utd

:'(
I honestly can't understand how this is anything but a fantastic deal for us.

a) We get to get rid off Lukaku.
b) We don't have to take Inter's offer of lesser money spread over a longer duration.
c) We won't just be selling Lukaku without buying any replacement.
d) It's a player who was world class till a season ago.
e) It's not Jesse Lingard.
f) It's not Juan Mata.
g) It's not Jesse Lingard. This can't be emphasized enough.
h) Even if he turns out to be another Di Maria, moving him on in a year or two will be pretty easy.

It really is such a no brainer when you see some of the absolute crap we have in our attack and are being given Dybala for bloody Lukaku.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Difference is we have a manager who has a plan on how to use him. Mata was a panic buy, Alexis is past it and Di Maria was the anti van Gaal player. Dybala is suited to Ole and us doing this deal isnt because of Ed, but Ole pushing hard for it
Hopefully that's the case (Ole pushing it becuase he has a plan) as long as we sort the rest of the team as well. Put it this way i'd rather miss out on Dybala than Maguire.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
And he wants £350k and doesn't want to come here. The alternatives won't cost as much or demand as much (for a reason) but Solskjaer must view them as good enough otherwise he wouldn't want them and if they actually wanted to be at the club I'd prefer them to Dybala. We have to learn from Sanchez (overpaying) and Di Maria (signing a player who doesn't want to join).
Has Ben Yedder or Dembele come out and said they would love to play for United? In fact Dembele said he wants to focus on Lyon. Why do you want him then? He doesn’t have the “desire” to come here.

luke511

A team of 11 Jessie Lingards who would die for the shirt would beat a team 11 Dybalas who don't particularly give a shit.
Haha no chance, Team Lingard would be chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

Dante

Average bang
Not many players “care” about United man. Especially foreign. Even Maguire hasn’t come out and said voluntarily he wants to move to United. And he is English. Players go where the money is. It’s a job for them like how 9-5 is a job for us. Wherever you are working if your competitor gives you more money you will most likely move. Are you going to talking about loyalty then?
Maguire isn't going to disrepect his current club.

It's madness to think our players don't care about the club. The best ones always do.

wr8_utd

A team of 11 Jessie Lingards who would die for the shirt would beat a team 11 Dybalas who don't particularly give a shit.
A team with 1 Jesse Lingard is bad enough, I can't imagine what one with 11 would be like.

RDCR07

Maguire isn't going to disrepect his current club.

It's madness to think our players don't care about the club. The best ones always do.
But by your reasoning he doesn’t absolutely want to come here. Then why sign him? Isn’t Dybala doing the same thing? He is saying he wants to stay at his current club hence respecting his club.

stepic

too many people in this forum expect professional footballers to act like themselves, United fans. this is their career.

wr8_utd

But by your reasoning he doesn’t absolutely want to come here. Then why sign him? Isn’t Dybala doing the same thing? He is saying he wants to stay at his current club hence respecting his club.
He's not even said that since these rumors began!

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Might as well say 11 of myself/yourself being die hard United fans would beat 11 Di Maria’s because we’d “die for the shirt”, the same way Fellaini did.

Get a fecking grip. There’s this thing called talent too which matters just a tiny bit...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
take a look at the difference in types of goals though, practically all of Lukakus are simple poacher goals that require a very specific style of play. Dybalas are often out of nothing and mostly top drawer

exactly what we need
But he only scored 5 in a weaker league last year. I'd be surprised if he even matched Lukaku's 12 this season.

AJ Bullet

I think we need to get our hands on any half decent player we can get, we arent in a position of power here. If it fall's through our season is going to be drastically harder, its not like we will have much time to find a replacement and so far we still only have added James and AWB to the squad. We are thin on the ground in terms of talent.

The Irish Connection

Not sure we should buy to much into the whole 'he doesn't want to leave Juventus' narrative. This is a quote from his agent back in May

"There is a big chance that Paulo will leave Turin, he needs a change,” Gustavo Dybala told Radio Impacto show Futbolemico.

"I can’t say where he’ll go, but there is a strong chance Paulo will leave.

“He was very comfortable in Italy but he isn't any more – like many other Juventus players."

The writing has been on the wall for Dybala leaving Juventus for a while now
I think you’re right. There’s nearly always some annoying media twist with United.
His agent wouldn’t be in London negotiating a deal if Dybala didn’t want to come.

RDCR07

Explain that.
You said a player must absolutely “want” to play for United. He must have the desire to come here. Well he hasn’t shown anything like that. He has been quiet for two months. Why not put in a transfer request to move things along?

too many people in this forum expect professional footballers to act like themselves, United fans. this is their career.
Spot on mate. The reality is that if there was anyone on here who got offered a contract by Liverpool - they would jump at the chance and be kissing the badge, just an an example.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Is he close with Aguero or Otamendi? They can be neighbours.
His latest picture, about a week or two ago, was with Otamendi. Pogba, Romero and Rojo are also here. Quite a contingent in fact.

Although, not sure if anyone is good with Rojo. :nervous:

Dante

Average bang
It's possible to love your career and to have a passion for the work your business does. If you do, your output is better.

In a sport of XI versus XI, those small margins make a huge difference.

kirk buttercup

I honestly can't understand how this is anything but a fantastic deal for us.

a) We get to get rid off Lukaku.
b) We don't have to take Inter's offer of lesser money spread over a longer duration.
c) We won't just be selling Lukaku without buying any replacement.
d) It's a player who was world class till a season ago.
e) It's not Jesse Lingard.
f) It's not Juan Mata.
g) It's not Jesse Lingard. This can't be emphasized enough.
h) Even if he turns out to be another Di Maria, moving him on in a year or two will be pretty easy.

It really is such a no brainer when you see some of the absolute crap we have in our attack and are being given Dybala for bloody Lukaku.
Yep Dybala for Lukaku . Not sure that has sunk in yet for some

Dante

Average bang
You said a player must absolutely “want” to play for United. He must have the desire to come here. Well he hasn’t shown anything like that. He has been quiet for two months. Why not put in a transfer request to move things along?
You're affirming the consequent.

Transfer request - and lose a massive sum of money? Could be £3-4million quid for all we know. When the transfer is likely to happen anyway, would you throw away an absolute fortune, just so some idiots on a forum can think you “really really want to go to Man Utd?”

::sonny::

With a midfield pjanic rabiot ramsey
+ ronaldo you need the other people to run a lot

They really don’t need a player like Dybala

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Wtf. What’s the catch in this, got to be one surely?
Honestly I think this is just a case of both teams wanting what the other one does. Both are valued similarly but they have opposite skill sets that each respective manager is coveting for their team. It is just a perfect storm. But one I can see more of in the future. With fees out of control these types of trades should be more and more common.

wr8_utd

It's possible to love your career and to have a passion for the work your business does. If you do, your output is better.

In a sport of XI versus XI, those small margins make a huge difference.
I think we've long left the kind of footballing world where players have a deep love for the clubs they play. The entire sport is a business and that's how we should expect players to treat it as well. Dybala, disinterested or not (this is hugely debatable as well), still possesses infinite more amounts of goals and talents that a so called passionate guy like Lingard.
This is a no risk deal for us and if things go south, we'd easily recover our "money" and get in good money for him. I rather have Lukaku out and Dybala in than Lukaku out and no one in.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why is it so hard to wrap your head around the fact that it’s RONALDO. I told you everything revolves around him. You build a team around him. You don’t sacrifice Ronaldo’s position so someone else can play there. Don’t care if it’s Dybala or anyone else.
Ronaldo doesn't play as a number 10, if Dybala was as sensational as to justify been paid more the second highest wage in the league, he better be good enough to justify playing him in apparently the only position he is great at. Whether you bring in Ronaldo or not.

Firstly he plays there for France. I agree there are better players playing next to him but nevertheless he plays there. We will get a better DM to replace Matic but we can only do that next summer cause we have more pressing concerns to fill. Secondly that’s one formation. If we play a diamond, you know cause playing different teams sometimes requires systems to counteract their squad, Pogba won’t be in a midfield two. He will have an extra man in there for defensive support.
but thats next year (if we do sign one next year) in the mean time we are asking Pogba do show defensive disipline which he has struggled with. Not to mention it would certainly limit Pogba.

And yes it one formation, but it means we have to always play a formation that has a number 10. 433 becomes a no no.

If that’s your concern then we should NEVER buy foreigners again. Again how hard is it to wrap your head around the fact that any signing is a gamble for any team. Some workout some don’t. When an exceptional talent like Dybala comes along you take a chance on him.
Their is more of risk bringing players to a new league, thats why transfers between premier league clubs are normally more expensive. The risk is higher, so putting him on such a mental contract is more fool hardy.

Well firstly I don't thin Dybala is an exceptional talent, really good yep, exceptional no for me no, would a club swap an exceptional talent for Lukaku? A really good striker yes exceptional no, Would a club put an exceptional talent on the wing out of position? No.

I would say people made the same exceptional talent argument about Sanchez, saying you can't buy pass a player like that becuase of wages..... People just get overly excited about a big flashy name. You do some times pass on even exceptional talents (which I don't think Dybala is) if its the wrong deal.

He is 25. Age is on his side. Two years from now IF it doesn’t work out there is going to be even more money in football and we can still sell him. Same with Di Maria. He was on high wages. We moved him in 12 months.
Yes but we didn't put Di Maria on the second biggest contract in premier league history. If it doesn't work out we would need wages to rise massively to make him sellable.

Not to mention that if is adding to our ever growing reputation, that we will pretty much pay what ever a player asks. Which is becoming a real problem.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Where the feck does it say anywhere that Dybala doesn’t want to be here ??

People are running with this stupid, fake narrative as if they have inside sources. He’s just having a tough time accepting the reality that Juvé no longer want him. I bet he’s shocked and wants first hand confirmation that’s all.

That in no way means he does not want to join United or is disinterested ffs.
Reports suggest he doesn't fancy United or England. We're discussing that possibility. If it's false, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.