Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Orchestra

Lukaku for Dybala? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

-------------Rashford
Martial - Dybala - James
---------McTom - Pogba

Would be a pretty solid attack, throw in a world class CB and we'd be a pretty competitive team.

spaceboyRSA

I'd take a straight swap in a heartbeat, but I always feel that's a FIFA move and doesn't translate in reality.

Assuming this is real (which I doubt) would the potential of dybala be what's causing delays to bruno? Whilst not the same in position they also also not miles apart...

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

-------------Rashford
Martial - Dybala - James
---------McTom - Pogba

Would be a pretty solid attack, throw in a world class CB and we'd be a pretty competitive team.
How will that affect our pressing game though? Is Dybala a good presser or will we be better off having Bruno in that role instead?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ve shared my tactical opinion as to how he would fit in and having read so many opinions it’s dawned on me that none of this matters whatsoever.

There is no technical director to sit down and figure all this out like we are doing. Ed would run numbers on potential gain in marketing. Every new shiny toy gets public investment based on clueless optimism.

Based on purely just that I think Ed would be going gung ho on this deal if it’s actually on the table

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ll believe this when I see it. Whatever happens we come out on top here either inter crumble due to pressure and pay big money or We get Dybala from Juve.

For once though we will come out on top in a transfer. We can’t lose in this situation.

nameischarles

I would do this deal if it were true. This plus Maguire and Bruno (if true) then that's a solid transfer window.

Dve

-------------Rashford
Martial - Dybala - James
---------McTom - Pogba

Rather:

----------Rash----
Martial - Fernandes - Dybala
-----McTom - Pogba
Shaw Lindeløf Maguire Bissaka
--------De Gea---

Sereques

If the reported offer from Juventus is true, we should take it. He’s more mobile and dynamic than Lukaku and he’s just 25.

Castia

I would do this deal if it were true. This plus Maguire and Bruno (if true) then that's a solid transfer window.

I just don’t see where the goals are coming from without a new striker replacement.

Martial and Rashford aren’t huge goal scorers, infact they aren’t even out and out strikers. We aren’t surely putting all our hopes on a 17 year old Greenwood.

Eric's Seagull

It just makes so so much sense. Get rid of Lukaku to stop shafting Rashford/Martial into a LW role that they shouldn’t and don’t want to play. Gets them playing their preferred role.

Swap our useless Lukaku for a player that can play a role that no one in our team can play as well as him. Closest is Mata and hes got nothing on Dybala.

Also it might cause Pogba to stay.

Pogba Scott
Greenwood Dybala Martial
Rashford

Scott
Pogba Fred
Dybala
Rashford Martial
The second formation is now so much more doable with proper wing backs in AWB/Dalot/Shaw. It’s also what Ole wants anyway. He wants our two best strikers playing as strikers together

Dybala is the missing puzzle piece. So much balance in our team with him in
I like the look on your second formation but I would preferably have someone else in there than Fred but that is not going to happen this window. Fred needs a decent season or he should go next summer as he has had his time to settle in and has no excuses.

SATA

He's an Adidas man, is he? Ed would also love him for his marketing potential. The face for United along with Pogba. Question is whether he can be convinced to leave Italy

nameischarles

I just don’t see where the goals are coming from without a new striker replacement.

Martial and Rashford aren’t huge goal scorers, infact they aren’t even out and out strikers. We aren’t surely putting all our hopes on a 17 year old Greenwood.
Definitely, agree that both players are not out and out striker and it's very risky putting all the pressure on Greenwood.

But if we only sold Lukaku for money, I don't think we will have enough time to get a decent striker replacement late in this window. So that's why I would take this deal as Dybala would be more useful than just Lukaku sitting on the bench because Ole doesn't trust him.

Bosws87

Too good to be true, tactic to make inter cough up for lukaku. Snap their hands off if it was true.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I like the look on your second formation but I would preferably have someone else in there than Fred but that is not going to happen this window. Fred needs a decent season or he should go next summer as he has had his time to settle in and has no excuses.
100%. He’s a placeholder as he marginally edges it vs Perreira in a non-#10 role

Eric's Seagull

He's an Adidas man, is he? Ed would also love him for his marketing potential. The face for United along with Pogba. Question is whether he can be convinced to leave Italy
I don't particularly think that Woody is good at recruitment and to me it seems as if his only strategy is by offering stupid wages that others are unwilling to pay, that could hurt us because if the transfer is not successful we are stuck with players on super high wages that we will have difficulty moving on because other teams will be reluctant to pay what we are playing.

He should try to sell the project more. as we are in a sh!te position at the moment he should try to convince a player to come here for the challenge of making us great again. If they succeed in helping us do this they will go down in history as one of the players who was a vital cog and made a significant contribution in making us great again. Giving them the chance of becoming a potential legend here for doing this.

-Supreme-

Even though a lot of posters in this thread are putting him in the attacking midfielder position, Dybala is not a typical #10 for a 4-2-3-1 — he's more of a 9½ withdrawn forward (like Griezmann but without the defensive draft). A double pivot midfield with Pogba is defensively shallow over the course of a season because he's not a stereotypical central midfielder with regard to defensive positioning and workrate, and adding Dybala to the equation at the attacking midfielder position will limit both players (on top of being structurally brittle).

If you consider Dybala when he evidenced some of his performances (like vs. Barcelona in the Champions League), he was pretty much a support striker alongside (or slightly behind) Higuaín, with Mandzukić putting in a shift on the left flank (and sometimes arriving into the box) and Pjanić/Khedira playing in conservative roles as the DLP + defensive/box-to-box midfielder coupling:

https://spielverlagerung.com/2017/0...ing_wp_cron=1564205866.2880189418792724609375

United will find it easier to accommodate a more traditional attacking midfielder in the current 4-2-3-1 — and Dybala isn't one (for added context: Allegri initially forced him to play deeper at Juventus but that was grave misjudgment and Dybala's performances declined considerably, so there's already a precedent). To get the best out of Dybala there are only 3 options, IMO:
  • Diamond or 523/532 with Dybala as the SS (not the #10), but we don't have the wingbacks for that setup.
  • 4-3-3 with Dybala as the center forward (not striker but a False 9 of sorts).
  • 4-4-2 with Dybala as the support striker, but this won't be ideal if we use Pogba as a central midfielder.
Agreed

He may have been offered to us as part of the deal as they clearly want to get rid of him but I have my doubts if he is the right player we need

Personally I'd rather we overpay for our original targets than accepting somebody that we haven't considered before

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He's not the world class player people thought he was gonna be when he was a youngster. While he is still very talented he is extremely inconsistent and not sure we need another player like that in the squad.

But say 35-40 mil + Dybala I'd probably accept it as long as Dybala accepts a reasonable wage that means we could actually sell him if things didnt work out.

Eric's Seagull

100%. He’s a placeholder as he marginally edges it vs Perreira in a non-#10 role
Maybe we should try it as you said and then next summer push McTominay into the Fred role as I think he is also capable of playing further forward and bring in a defensive midfielder to play behind him?

Von Mistelroum

Honestly can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him. In form he's one of the best players around and he's 25! If Spurs get him we'll be looking enviously while Madrid are linked in two seasons.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A player like dybala needs alot of TLC. You either play him as an SS or as main striker (which would mean embracing his lack of physical prowess). Use it correctly and he is way better then he had shown under allegri

Eric's Seagull

He's not the world class player people thought he was gonna be when he was a youngster. While he is still very talented he is extremely inconsistent and not sure we need another player like that in the squad.

But say 35-40 mil + Dybala I'd probably accept it as long as Dybala accepts a reasonable wage that means we could actually sell him if things didnt work out.
I don't think wages would be a problem with Dybala and if he is looking for better wages that could be a plus for us as he is only currently on roughly £113,000 per week.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I don't think wages would be a problem with Dybala and if he is looking for better wages that could be a plus for us as he is only currently on roughly £113,000 per week.
Ow I think we would be able to pay his wages, i more worry that we have raised the bar so much with what prepared to pay players he would come here and we would put him on a wage that would make him unsellable if things don’t work out.

UpWithRivers

Dybala is a top player who had a bad season simply because he has been misused to accommodate Ronaldo. Absolutely no point of him unless we play him as a 10.
Pogba if he stays is no point as a midfield two. Been tried and tried again and tried again.
Mctominay is no point misusing as a DM. Although he does alright there he will not be in his natural position.
All 3 can play out of position but all 3 will be weaker for it and the team as a whole will not function.
It's the same as Fernandes. If Pogba goes it makes sense. And then it only makes sense if we get a DM as well.

spaceboyRSA

Ow I think we would be able to pay his wages, i more worry that we have raised the bar so much with what prepared to pay players he would come here and we would put him on a wage that would make him unsellable if things don’t work out.
I often wonder how badly the sanchez deal screwed us with other players. Effectively on the salary of top first team players and hes on the bench...

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
A player like dybala needs alot of TLC. You either play him as an SS or as main striker (which would mean embracing his lack of physical prowess). Use it correctly and he is way better then he had shown under allegri
Would be much better fit for Sarri tactics. This is why it doesn't make any sense to me.

And in exchange for Lukaku of all people.

Eric's Seagull

That could well be true and that is what I have been saying for a while regarding our purchasing of players and not being able to sell them on if they are not successful. I don't know if Dybala is greedy but if he comes here he may see how much wages our other players are on and think he wants to be paid similarly which I think could be the case whenever we sign a talented player. Eg he could look at Martial being on £250,000 week which I have read and think he wants at least that, which I think is a mistake by Woody for paying such high wages in the first place.

Dve

Dybala is a top player who had a bad season simply because he has been misused to accommodate Ronaldo. Absolutely no point of him unless we play him as a 10.
Pogba if he stays is no point as a midfield two. Been tried and tried again and tried again.
Mctominay is no point misusing as a DM. Although he does alright there he will not be in his natural position.
All 3 can play out of position but all 3 will be weaker for it and the team as a whole will not function.
It's the same as Fernandes. If Pogba goes it makes sense. And then it only makes sense if we get a DM as well.
Then I see no point in signing him at all, as United already have Lingard, Mata, Sanchez, Gomes, Pereira. And would Dybala be able to provide the high pressure game expected as a nr. 10? Does he have the energy of Lingard or Pereira? I think a right wing is what´s really needed, not a new nr. 10.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ve got a line up I’d like to see...

......Dybala ———>Me......

———>* = Dybala’s penis.

devilish

Would be much better fit for Sarri tactics. This is why it doesn't make any sense to me.

And in exchange for Lukaku of all people.
It depends. If we are searching for some competition for Rashy then Dybala could be the man. Alternatively he can fit as SS in a narrow 4-4-2 system with Rashy and Dybala upfront. I can see United becoming interested. He is an Ole type of striker ie a hardworking and mobile forward who can shift into different positions while playing.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It depends. If we are searching for some competition for Rashy then Dybala could be the man. Alternatively he can fit as SS in a narrow 4-4-2 system with Rashy and Dybala upfront. I can see United becoming interested. He is an Ole type of striker ie a hardworking and mobile forward who can shift into different positions while playing.
Oh, I can see us being interested. Dybala used the right way can be great addition.

I just don't see Juventus being interested in Lukaku. Maybe with Allegri, definitely not with Sarri.

red thru&thru

I'd take Dybala.

However, as trivial as it sounds, if he goes around demanding the number 10 off from Marcus, then leave it. Having a harmonious camp is imperative. We saw the negative impact it had on Martial.

devilish

Oh, I can see us being interested. Dybala used the right way can be great addition.

I just don't see Juventus being interested in Lukaku. Maybe with Allegri, definitely not with Sarri.
The problem is that Juve have Ronaldo and the two simply can't play together. Rather then let Dybala rot they rather get rid off him now.

Also they just love rubbing their rivals nose into their money (higuian). So if they can do it to cry baby conte they will. The two has a long history of love which ended with insults and treason.

Status
Not open for further replies.