Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I just hope this swap wont end up like Miki-Sanchez.
The other issue is; what the hell do we do with Sanchez?
And I do think we need more creativity in midfield and a defensive leader. They should be the priorities before Dybala.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he was willing to join Inter he is surely willing to join a much better team in Juventus.
He’s willing. Was tweeted by one of the most reliable Belgian football journalists.

TrueRed79

I refuse to get my cock out just yet. In what world is swapping Lukaku for Dybala a bad idea? Granted i would want him to come here but im sure due diligence would be done and not make the same mistake as Di Maria.

redpatron

Imagine us reaching an agreement with Dybala, only for everything to fall apart because Lukaku refuses to sign for Juve.

Imagine the meltdown.
excellent first post, why don't you grow some balls and use your real account if you going make a comment like that

Treble

And scored about one in two for them as well — which a pretty good record, considering the type of player he is. Heck it’s a decent record for any striker not named Ronaldo, Messi.
That was in a league heavily dominated by the team Dybala played for. Lukaku scored 26 PL goals for Everton which was quite an achievement. And his record for United is not bad. There is a reason why Juve are willing to swap Dybala for Lukaku, maybe he isn't as good as the caftards think. And Lukaku isn't as bad either. As I said, Juventus bosses do not strike me as stupid.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That was in a league heavily dominated by the team Dybala played for. Lukaku scored 26 PL goals for Everton which was quite an achievement. And his record for United is not bad. There is a reason why Juve are willing to swap Dybala for Lukaku, maybe he isn't as good as the caftards think. And Lukaku isn't as bad either. As I said, Juventus bosses do not strike me as stupid.
Just watch Dybala play and you’ll see that he’s bloody fecking good. There’s no one trying to swingle us. People were complaining about AWB, James, Maguire*, and Bruno*. All excellent signings.

* those signings are close to being done by all accounts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's because he doesn't fit the team, he isn't a right winger and Sarri don't play with AM/SS. Juventus are good with this, so instead of wasting player, playing out of position they are letting him go.

Also Lukaku is CF, Dybala isn't. He offers more than just goal scoring.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This feels a little bit like one of those signings we've made in recent years where we've bought someone quite talented because we need someone in that "sort of" position but with no real plan as to how the player fits in the game plan. I'm very, very happy to be proven wrong though. And in any case, Lukaku wasn't really a success so I'm happy to try a different type of attacker.

Halftrack

Yes, use it for work every day! :lol:
I'm amazed that people think it's well done. The reason for that "photo of a screen" effect with all the pixelation is to hide the fact that it's a shite 'shop job. His face is also stands out in a way that makes it obvious that it was sourced from a different photo than the rest.

Not that you didn't know this.

Wheato

Only because most United fans dislike Lukaku and overrate Dybala. I think there are more PL goals in Lukaku than in Dybala. And it's not like Dybala is a top creator, he contributed 9 assists over the last two Serie A seasons, about as many as Lukaku. Juventus bosses are anything but stupid.
Exactly, Lukaku may not fit into Ole's high press system, and his first touch sometimes lets him down when he has his back to goal. But when running towards goal with a ball over the top, he eats them up for breakfast. Whip in a cross to the penalty area and he will attack it. In a system that suits him he is a 25-30 goal a season striker. Miles better than Mandzukic and Higuain. Sari was so desperate for a target man striker at Chelsea, that he even signed Giroud. Lukaku is no mug, he will score plenty goals in Italy.

Ishpan2

Juventus are willing to trade because they need a young target man alongside Ronaldo. Sarri doesn't need a number 10, but we need a quality cam badly. This isn't as much about a comparison in the quality of the players, but rather each team's positional needs.

swred

I've been a long time lurker on the cafe, regularly getting excited during the windows being open.

I've experienced the highs & lows of muppetry as a bystander, however decided to sign up for this window.

AWB gave me that tingly feeling, i based this purely on the fantasy league points he scored me last season (top logic there).
Whilst we definitely need Maguire & Bruno, the fact that this has come out of the nowhere & slapped us all in the face like a big wet fish, means i'm all in, full scale, level 10 muppet, death or glory!

Last edited by a moderator:

Treble

Just watch Dybala play and you’ll see that he’s bloody fecking good. There’s no one trying to swingle us. People were complaining about AWB, James, Maguire*, and Bruno*. All excellent signings.

* those signings are close to being done by all accounts.
Juventus are not blind mate, I doubt they are cluless.

flappyjay

Their transfer business has mostly been spot on. But I think if used properly both players will thrive in their new teams. Juve probably wanted icardi more but in the end they decided that whilst lukaku isn't as lethal atleast he doesn't bring a circus with him. We will probably just end up playing Dybala out of position though.

sosolid4u09

Dybala has the potential to be an absolute flop. But this is a low risk transfer. Lukaku is horrendous so getting rid of him is a no brainer.
The 60m cash we probably would have got on the open market wouldn't have got us anyone of the potential of Dybala.

Even if this blows up in our face (which I dont think it will), you can't blame Ed for pulling the trigger on this. As I said, low risk

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It looks nowhere near like a real life photo.

Why would a snapchat be so blurry? Why is Woodwards head in such a weird un natural position?

We all get excited but this is a really poor attempt :lol:

The shirt looks like the chequered shirt from Van persie year.

The kit he's wearing is an old one, we wear blue in our new signing photos.

AON all over the back instead of Chevrolet. It's just completely wrong.
Again, I'm not talking about the choice of background or kit. Or the plausibility.

Pass and Move

We beat Spurs playing a front three of Martial - Lingard - Rashford

Is there anyone who'd not prefer to have Dybala in Lingard's place?

And to those saying he shouldn't by played on the right, then no, ideally not, but we've played with Mata there many times and until we have a true RW like Sancho then Dybala is surely an upgrade over Mata. Added to this AWB behind him rather than Young and suddenly thing are looking a damn site brighter.

AlexUTD

Is Dybala a top player, yes he is..

Do I want us to replace Lukaku with a better player, definitely, I'm just tired of seeing him failed us in link up play and think we're dying for an upgrade. And yes like most of our fans 10 day before the end of the transfer window, I'm desparate for new signings.

However I can't help but be skeptical about this one.

Dybala is a one position player, that's the reason he is not playing for Juventus. Not because he is not good or he didn't settle in Torin. He is a classic number 10. He can't play in wings, can't be a number 9 and he's definitely not an 8. So we have to change our our style of play to accommodate him.

We can't play 4-5-1 with Pogba in a double pivot, we've been here before. We can't play with a Dimond 4-4-2 as we don't have a top class finisher, we can't possibly rely on 2 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood with Dybala behind two of them for the rest of the season, we still need a top finisher which we don't have, the only finisher we've been linked with was Ben Yedder. And I still can't see our team playing with no width in a 4-4-2 Dimond as both Shaw and AWB aren't famous for their attacking prowess and top crosses.

We can't go back to 3-5-2 with Dybal behind a lone striker like they did in Juventus in 2015-16 when Pogba and Dybala were together and had a great season. Cause simply we don't have proper wing backs to provide the support needed and again, we don't have a top finisher.

I'm just a naive fan who think he knows a thing or two from watching football for almost 30 years. But this looks to me like one for the books not for the game itself.

We aren't lacking in number 10, and no Dybala is not here as an upgrade to Lingard, Pogba himself is a number 10, the thing is, there is no actual need for a classic number 10 anymore in modern football for God's sake! We are very thin in the Middle, we need more DMs and CMs, we need an upgrade for Lukaku, and we need a defender. These positions are the backbone for any football team, and although we can fill other positions too once a chance present itself, it seems odd the bring a player who will create a hassle for us just to accommodate while ignoring our priorities.

I just hope we know what we're doing.
Agree. Feels like another "Galactico" signing like Sanchez/Falcao. That you need to fit in the team.

Better to get money for Lukaku and invest in CB, DM, CM and ST.

Dybala is a good player but i thought we were going for pacey players. And we have enough 10s like you said.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I'm amazed that people think it's well done. The reason for that "photo of a screen" effect with all the pixelation is to hide the fact that it's a shite 'shop job. His face is also stands out in a way that makes it obvious that it was sourced from a different photo than the rest.

Not that you didn't know this.
The pixelation was chosen to sell the fact that it was a photo taken on the sly while in motion. Dybala's head is ever so slightly off by a couple of millimeters. The lighting on the right side of his neck is also a problem, but it was nonetheless a great attempt.

I can't understand why someone would be so critical of someone who spent time to create a funny pic. The person is not actually trying to convince anyone this really happened.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Then please elaborate. Why don't you agree?
I don’t want to derail the thread too much. Most of the clues have been noted already. For me the main giveaway is the lighting is all wrong on Dybala’s face. Why is Woodward so blurred in the foreground yet Dybala is more in focus, when the whole overall quality of the image is so poor?

I could go on and on.

AlexUTD

We beat Spurs playing a front three of Martial - Lingard - Rashford

Is there anyone who'd not prefer to have Dybala in Lingard's place?

And to those saying he shouldn't by played on the right, then no, ideally not, but we've played with Mata there many times and until we have a true RW like Sancho then Dybala is surely an upgrade over Mata. Added to this AWB behind him rather than Young and suddenly thing are looking a damn site brighter.
So tired of buying big name players and shoehorning them into a position.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I don’t want to derail the thread too much. Most of the clues have been noted already. For me the main giveaway is the lighting is all wrong on Dybala’s face. Why is Woodward so blurred in the foreground yet Dybala is more in focus, when the whole overall quality of the image is so poor?

I could go on and on.
I also don't want to derail the thread. I'm thinking you are too critical of a funny attempt at creating a blurry image. I'm not saying it is perfect. I'm saying it is well done. You don't. Fine.

Edit: A photo like that taken quickly while moving could easily create a clearer background and a blurry foreground if the overall lighting is bad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not going to get into this now. Believe what you will :)

Having used photoshop for years I will say that this is a great attempt at creating a blurry image of a secretly taken photo. I only spot a couple of mistakes.

Woodward is clearly in the foreground being interviewed or something.
Please tell me you're trolling?

Compare this to say the leaked photo of Pepe wearing the Arsenal kit. It's so obviously a complete fake :lol: I can't even...

Brophs

The One and Only
I presume the phrase “fluid front line” will be casually thrown out to justify shoehorning in another player in a position he’s not most comfortable in.

Treble

Juventus are willing to trade because they need a young target man alongside Ronaldo. Sarri doesn't need a number 10, but we need a quality cam badly. This isn't as much about a comparison in the quality of the players, but rather each team's positional needs.
Dybala isn't a natural cam, he lacks stamina for that job in a team using high press. He is at his best as a second striker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I presume the phrase “fluid front line” will be casually thrown out to justify shoehorning in another player in a position he’s not most comfortable in.
Dybala isn't comfortable playing in Lingards position?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think the way Ole wants us to play is a bit similar to how Liverpool are playing.

We have set defensive positions, but once we have the ball and press the opponents back our forwards can wonder about doing what they like, and the fullbacks will be keeping the width.

The wide men will still have a part to play in terms of the build up, but Dybala won't be stuck to the right wing. He can move into the 10 position, make runs in behind Martial etc.

If you're intelligent with your movement a starting position isn't really important.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Then please elaborate. Why don't you agree?
The creator got the original press pic, found a picture of Dybala at a similar angle to the player in the original, and cut and pasted Dybala’s head on it, then used a noise filter over the top with probably another speckle filter, then added the SnapChat icons. It probably took 5-10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.