Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

They’re radically different. Torino is a stunning city surrounded by mountains and has gorgeous architecture and warm weather. This will take some adjusting for a sun-loving Argie. But if we start playing free flowing attacking football, it would help quite a bit. Mainly, he needs to be convinced by our ambition.
I think we need to be convinced by his ambition as well. Ole made a big statement about getting players with the correct attitude and mentality. This lad has made no secret about wanting to stay at Juve, and why wouldn't he. They win their league and compete in CL. Most of the players we've either bought or are currently linked with would see as an upgrade. AWB, Maguire, Fernandes all seem keen/eager to play for us, this lad not so sure. He also wants a big pay rise, considering he's coming off a poor season by his standards, we'd need to be sure a new setting for him will bring out the best of him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They’re radically different. Torino is a stunning city surrounded by mountains and has gorgeous architecture and warm weather. This will take some adjusting for a sun-loving Argie. But if we start playing free flowing attacking football, it would help quite a bit. Mainly, he needs to be convinced by our ambition.
Give it 20 years and Manchester will be a beautiful coastal city with a tropical climate

RedTechsture

Supports
Shrewsbury Town FC
Why are we dicussing the merits of Manchester and London. Both are radically different, both have the plusses and their quite significant minuses? No factual outcome, just opinion.

Stick to the topic........yellow bar appearing on Sky :D

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why do we always have the Climate and Culture discussion?

It's 2019. If a footballer has a few days of he can go wherever he wants to in the world. The rest of their time is spent training, playing and relaxing.

They're not coming here to do a review channel.

Also, its Manchester not bloody Ulaanbaatar. (sorry Mongolians)
There are plenty of fun things to do and you can get anything you want sourced to your house.
Not talking about Dybala now; you forget that players have families. I am sorry but if i am a kid and if my dad can chose between rainy England and sunny Spain or Italy, i would not chose England

fergosaurus

Nearly 5pm in Italy. What's the hold up?!

This one will be a real kick in the balls if he rejects us. Not only will we miss out on an exciting player but we'll be stuck with Lukaku.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we need to be convinced by his ambition as well. Ole made a big statement about getting players with the correct attitude and mentality. This lad has made no secret about wanting to stay at Juve, and why wouldn't he. They win their league and compete in CL. Most of the players we've either bought or are currently linked with would see as an upgrade. AWB, Maguire, Fernandes all seem keen/eager to play for us, this lad not so sure. He also wants a big pay rise, considering he's coming off a poor season by his standards, we'd need to be sure a new setting for him will bring out the best of him.
Of course. But I’d say it’s a good thing to have players who are desperate to challenge for titles. We need not just hungry committed players, but winners.

SwedishFish

Not talking about Dybala now; you forget that players have families. I am sorry but if i am a kid and if my dad can chose between rainy England and sunny Spain or Italy, i would not chose England
Just like Zlatans sons chose for him to go from Paris to Manchester?

Alemar

Just like Zlatans sons chose for him to go from Paris to Manchester?
And what’s so good about Paris?
Not sure about Manchester, but at least London in comparison to Paris is a much better place to live, in my opinion.

wr8_utd

:'(
Nearly 5pm in Italy. What's the hold up?!

This one will be a real kick in the balls if he rejects us. Not only will we miss out on an exciting player but we'll be stuck with Lukaku.
This is the truly depressing bit. Also, stuck with Lingard as first choice.

Nick7

Is Turin that much warmer than Manchester? Say there's only a couple of degrees in it. It has a lot more sunny days, but warmth I'd say there isn't much in it. Rain wise, I think northern Italian cities get more rain per year on average than Uk cities, but less rainy days. So the rain is heavier when it does happen.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They were reportedly into a 10 minute conversation before Sarri checked out for a 4 hour cigarette break.
There'll be white smoke coming out of Sarri's shed office, like when they announce a new pope.

mancan92

What did you want to do?
See I don't know if its just that in london there is just soo much to do soo much history, culture, entertainment all the time every night of the week with amazing building architecture etc. Manchester felt like someone trying to make london but just to a much smaller scale. Clubs not as nice, new buildings nice but not like london's skyline, decent range of resturants but no where near the variety of london. Liverpool I prefered visually than manchester for sure. Just also generally isnt a pretty city.

Snafu17

I've never been to an Italian city that I've super impressed by. I liked Napoli because I expected it's going to be a bit of a wonderful car crash and it delivered perfectly.

Things to see in Italy are generally outside of the cities.

I doubt any of this matters to rich people though.

fergosaurus

This is the truly depressing bit. Also, stuck with Lingard as first choice.
We've needed a lot of luck from the gods for this deal, i.e. Juve to be daft enough to propose the swap and Dybala being convinced to join our sinking ship and play Europa League. We're half way there!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is Turin that much warmer than Manchester? Say there's only a couple of degrees in it. It has a lot more sunny days, but warmth I'd say there isn't much in it. Rain wise, I think northern Italian cities get more rain per year on average than Uk cities, but less rainy days. So the rain is heavier when it does happen.
I’ve friends in both cities, I’d say it’s comfortably better in Torino. Plus, just a drive to warmer spots.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I've never been a fan of London, I really don't understand the appeal. It just feels dirty and crime ridden even in the nicer areas.

Manchester is awesome. It has plenty of cool bars, incredible restaurants and it has a great musical heritage with some great venues to watch a gig or stand up comedy. You'd love it here Paulo!
The difference with London is that it has lots of nice areas outside the centre. It's a sprawling city, with a shitty tourist centre.

Manchester is basically the opposite. Great centre surrounded by grim areas.

space

Car crash of a season, shite transfer window so far, rivals winning things...

Yet here I am refreshing the page every chance I get for an update

This club will kill me

Ballist1x

The difference with London is that it has lots of nice areas outside the centre. It's a sprawling city, with a shitty tourist centre.

Manchester is basically the opposite. Great centre surrounded by grim areas.
Well there's always an afternoon out in Wigan or Preston...

wr8_utd

:'(
We've needed a lot of luck from the gods for this deal, i.e. Juve to be daft enough to propose the swap and Dybala being convinced to join our sinking ship and play Europa League. We're half way there!
Imagine if Lukaku kills it on deadline day. :lol:

Nick7

I’ve friends in both cities, I’d say it’s comfortably better in Torino. Plus, just a drive to warmer spots.
Not really arguing Manchester is better, I just didn't think there's a huge amount of difference in the temperature. It is humid as balls in the north of Italy all year round though, that sucks.

Granted Manchester is also humid as balls. Basically humidity sucks.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
These days are going to be filled with people pretending they are ahead of the game on this. Wait for something from Di Marzio.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not really arguing Manchester is better, I just didn't think there's a huge amount of difference in the temperature. It is humid as balls in the north of Italy all year round though, that sucks.
It’s lovely for about 8 months I’d say.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is dybala still in Sarri's office? If yes wtf is he doing to him?

led_scholes

This. Why people still believe that Turin or Milan, climate wise, are like Barcelona, Sicily or Athens?

Btw, Barcelona aint something special. There I said it. (Maybe thats because i m from Athenss soBarcelona seems like a similar shithole).

Ronaldo's Love Child

It all seems a little odd that we're still waiting on news.

If I was a betting man I'd say he isn't coming and has been given enough assurances to stay. He hasn't exactly EVER sounded like he was remotely playing over here.

Nick7

This. Why people still believe that Turin or Milan, climate wise, are like Barcelona, Sicily or Athens?

Btw, Barcelona aint something special. There I said it. (Maybe thats because i m from Athenss soBarcelona seems like a similar shithole).
It is warmer than Manchester, but not so much as Barcelona or other Mediterranean cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.