Paying £6m to let Sanchez play elsewhere for a year (the Old Trafford illogical)

EwanI Ted

Basically op thinks Sanchez will come good. Not an opinion I can take seriously.

STYLOISRED

Took long enough. I expected one of these moan threads to pop up anytime in the last few days.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The only way you can see Sanchez leaving as a negative is if you genuinely hold the belief he’ll contribute more good to the squad then bad.

Based on the available evidence, his performances, I’m glad he’s getting a fresh chance to prove himself elsewhere.

Would genuinely much rather see Greenwood played much more than be subjected to seeing Sanchez languishing in our attack.

reddevil702

As much I wanted Sanchez to play in place of Lingard, the reality is we would have probably gotten a very similar output. Having depth due to quantity with low quality is of no benefit.

red4ever 79

I dont know about you guys but the most worrying part of that post is that De Gea has switched nationalities to French. When did this happen? Is this Ole's witch craft?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well we either pay him 15m to sit on bench and offers nothing, or pay him 6m to play elsewhere.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Somebody take this man's thread starting privileges ffs.

finneh

Talking about paying £6m for him to play elsewhere is a misnomer.

You have to look whether the amount you're saving is worth the player you'll receive. Naturally if Sanchez were earning £100m this year and we were paying £6m for him to play elsewhere then it would be the greatest deal in the history of the game. However it would still be "paying £6m to play for someone else"

Conversely if he were earning £1m this year and we were paying £6m for him to play elsewhere then it would be the stupidest decision ever made.

So the question is better phrased as: given a free choice would you pay c. £10m this season to have Sanchez in the squad (what Inter are paying)? I would argue not. That £10m would put him alongside our highest earners, which would be totally unjustified given his performances.

Phrased even more simply: if Sanchez was available on a free transfer today after his contract expired in July; however he demanded £200k a week for a one year deal... What would you say?

Last edited:

Ranchero

We delete Sanchez and opt for? Pereira. An upgrade? I don't think so. Think Inter would be clamouring for the young Brazilian? I hope he shows something consistently that he hasnt shown this far. Fingers crossed because it is what it is.

MrBrightside1989

I wonder what would have happened if we gave him a run of starts as a left forward? It will be frustrating if he hits the ground running at Inter. OGS must have seen nothing exciting from him in training.

Keefy18

This bit needs to be copied and pasted in every single thread where people complain about us not replacing the outgoing players.

Hopefully we can soon add to the list:

Rojo > Axel
Darmian > AWB
It really does, it should be made a "sticky" at the top of every single fecking page for the planks who can't see what's actually being done.

Ekeke

We delete Sanchez and opt for? Pereira. An upgrade? I don't think so. Think Inter would be clamouring for the young Brazilian? I hope he shows something consistently that he hasnt shown this far. Fingers crossed because it is what it is.
I mean, Brazil did. Their first non Brazilian born player

lalloyd

He has been awful. it would be less logical to lose more money and keep being disappointed. Better to ship him off even if it's only a loan

Kag

It’s clear as day that Ole didn’t want him irrespective of the personnel situation in the squad.

That tells you something about Sanchez and his presence at United.