Paying £6m to let Sanchez play elsewhere for a year (the Old Trafford illogical)

fergiesarmy1

Yes it sounds mad to pay someone 6m to play elsewhere for a year...

Until you remember he's on about 20m a year, and it's actually brilliant to ship that huge amount of wages off!
Shhhhh, Ed will reward himself with another pay rise after this fantastic piece of work by him.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Is this a competition of how many threads about the exact same thing but with a different title can our moaning members create in a week?

If this one isn't of your taste, try any of the following...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/not-replacing-lukaku-and-sanchez.450224/#post-24634990

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/how...-wages-of-our-offloaded-players.450204/unread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/out-fellaini-herrera-lukaku-sanchez-in-daniel-james.450162/unread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/board-undermines-solskjær-transfer-plans.450212/

Give it a rest you tiresome fecks. I've zero doubts every last one of you was banging on at how shit Fellaini, Sanchez and Smalling are and how we need to "shift the deadwood", but if you don't get a bunch of new fecking toys with it you'll create a thread a day to cry about it.

Do you lot even enjoy football at all?

Lukaku > replaced in squad by Greenwood
Sanchez > replaced in squad by James (has already scored more PL goals in 3 games as Sanchez did last season).
Smalling > replaced in squad by Maguire
Fellaini > wank non-footballer, already replaced last Summer by Fred.

Herrera is literally the only one worth having a little cry about.
This bit needs to be copied and pasted in every single thread where people complain about us not replacing the outgoing players.

Hopefully we can soon add to the list:

Rojo > Axel
Darmian > AWB

hobbers

You can't replace what isn't used.

Sanchez and Darmian didn't/don't count as United footballers.

It's not paying £6m for Sanchez to play elsewhere, it's saving the £6m cost of having him here and not playing anyway, whether due to his endless injuries or shit form.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
So Caf begs and begs for years for a clearout of deadwood, now said clearout is taking place and the Caf is upset about the clearout of deadwood? Sanchez has done nothing for us, what's the point of keeping him if he's gonna have the same impact as someone like greenwood? The deadwood havent been bringing us CL football. So if we shift them and really on youth then we not really missing much.

Ranchero

So Caf begs and begs for years for a clearout of deadwood, now said clearout is taking place and the Caf is upset about the clearout of deadwood? Sanchez has done nothing for us, what's the point of keeping him if he's gonna have the same impact as someone like greenwood? The deadwood havent been bringing us CL football. So if we shift them and really on youth then we not really missing much.
I don't think that sensible fans thinks getting rid of players (deadwood or not) without replacing is the wisest of routes (to put it very politely). I remember we thought Di Maria was deadwood once.

Ranchero

You can't replace what isn't used.

Sanchez and Darmian didn't/don't count as United footballers.

It's not paying £6m for Sanchez to play elsewhere, it's saving the £6m cost of having him here and not playing anyway, whether due to his endless injuries or shit form.
So with Martial out, say Rashford pulled up in training and/or in future runs into bad form, what does (shall we say) the front three look like. That's the central forward, the left leaning attacker and the right leaning attacker? Greenwood, James and... Lingard, maybe? What else do we have? That's the Lingard that many fans on here would put in the 'deadwood' category. And the Greenwood who is still very very green at this level. As is James, for that matter.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't think that sensible fans thinks getting rid of players (deadwood or not) without replacing is the wisest of routes (to put it very politely). I remember we thought Di Maria was deadwood once.
Di Maria was never deadwood really, he had 12 assists when he could be bothered and was great. His performances disappeared for reasons we all know, but it wasn't because he wasn't capable of it anymore. As for replacements we have James and Mason, who between them will no doubt provide much more end product and work on the pitch, so Sanchez is covered. Lukaku is more of a miss, but at the same time we now get to answer the question we all wanted to know, can we rely on Rashford and Martial. That is a question that needed to be answered to shape the way we move forward.

prateik

This is stupid.. Not even wroth discussing..

But now I know what was going on at RAWK when we started mocking them around 10 years ago..
Club going nowhere.. People talking about past. Over analysing everything.. Long ranting posts with no substance or sense.

Yeah.. I owe Liverpool fans an apology..

Hope the mods can stop the caf from turning into a shithole like Rawk.

stepic

So with Martial out, say Rashford pulled up in training and/or in future runs into bad form, what does (shall we say) the front three look like. That's the central forward, the left leaning attacker and the right leaning attacker? Greenwood, James and... Lingard, maybe? What else do we have? That's the Lingard that many fans on here would put in the 'deadwood' category. And the Greenwood who is still very very green at this level. As is James, for that matter.
these what if scenarios are stupid.

what if Martial is out, Rashford pulls up in training and then Sanchez gets injured too? what then?!

what if Aguero and Jesus both get injured what then?!

what if Firmino and Salah get injured, what then?!

it's a fun game this.

hobbers

Yes but what happened early this year when Lingard, Rashford and Martial all picked up injuries?

Sanchez came in and got injured immediately as well. And we ended up with a crocked Rashford and lower energy Lingard for the rest of the season.

It's pointless having walking sicknotes like Sanchez, Bailly and Jones on the books, regardless of how small the squad gets.

Alemar

these what if scenarios are stupid.

what if Martial is out, Rashford pulls up in training and then Sanchez gets injured too? what then?!
Even if Martial and Rashford are all injured, and Lingard too, we still can play Chong-Greenwood-James with Gomes as CAM.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's not all doom and gloom but I do roll my eyes when people argue that it's a positive we replaced Lukaku with Greenwood. It's the most absurd decision we've made given that Greenwood could have been bedded in just fine with another established striker at the club. Greenwood is nowhere near ready for regular first-team football.

Also the Fellaini bashing is weird. People act like he was scoring own goals for fun and it's very weird how Fred is now thought of much more highly given that it's fecking Fred.

Sanchez > James is good. Feck him and his fecking dogs.

Smalling is fine too. He wouldn't my first choice to leave but we have too many defenders as is.

romufc

So with Martial out, say Rashford pulled up in training and/or in future runs into bad form, what does (shall we say) the front three look like.
It is the same with most teams.

If Salah, Mane Firminho get injured

If KDB Aguero Sterling get injured

If Kane, Erikson, Son get injured

If Laccazette, Pepe, Auba get injured

So you see the trend?

marktan

We've reduced our deadwood, made transfer money and reduced salaries, and signed no one as replacements, all to the benefit of whom? The glazers.

Speaking of deadwood.. we still have Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Mata, Darmian here. Players who've contributed the sum total of feck all here.

Out of the ones we've gotten rid of.. at least Herrera, Smalling, Lukaku and Fellaini actually contributed something.

To me it reeks of us selling 'good' players just because they didn't turn out amazing and still have monetary value, like we did with Di Maria, Depay etc. Instead we keep the actual crap around.

Nr.7

Isn’t Sanchez one of our top earners despite him not being at the club?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe I’m just a cup half full kind of guy but I see this very much as “Not paying £10m to Sanchez to stink up the place”.

matt23

He's useless and we've made it clear we'd rather give the kids a chance. Fantastic move. At the very least Ole doesn't have to spend every week pandering to Sanchez's ego and excusing his piss poor efforts, time better spent nurturing talent that could have a future in the game.

Josep Dowling

Even if Martial and Rashford are all injured, and Lingard too, we still can play Chong-Greenwood-James with Gomes as CAM.
I'm sure the rest of the Premier League are quaking in their boots at our under 20 squad. Not one of them has played a full 90 minutes at the highest level yet you think they are good enough to start together for us?

buckooo1978

Maybe I’m just a cup half full kind of guy but I see this very much as “Not paying £10m to Sanchez to stink up the place”.
yes and if reports are true about his influence at just being there then its clearly the right decision

how would the contract renewals of players like Herrera, De Gea etc been different if it wasnt for his salary.

if you are sitting in that dressing room doing 10 times what Sanchez is and getting paid 5 times less how does that affect you?

How many of our targets demanded 250k a week plus this Summer that we dont know about?

RedStarUnited

I think De Gea already signed his contract, it just hasnt been announced. Wouldnt make sense to give him the captaincy otherwise.

Devil81

Rather him gone than us having to play him to justify his salary.

edgar allan

I'm sure the rest of the Premier League are quaking in their boots at our under 20 squad. Not one of them has played a full 90 minutes at the highest level yet you think they are good enough to start together for us?
It was madness not replacing Lukaku with a top striker for sure but Sanchez is no loss.

JK-27

The Sanchez loan and Smalling loan make no footballing sense. They are both experienced players being allowed to leave who will not be replaced. So we are effectively comfortable with our attacking options being Martial (not a prolific scorer), Rashford (not a prolific scorer), and Greenwood (no experience in the league at all). In defense (which couldn't stop Palace) we have let an experienced and good defender leave, and are comfortable for that position to be covered Bailly (never played regularly in the team and is a liability), Jones (liability), and Rojo (always injured).

These do not seem to be actions which suggest we're improving our quality. Either Ole has made a massive managerial error (and should go) or the board have made business decisions to let these players go (Woodward out).

Once again Utd's actions do not lead to any confidence or suggest any clear plan to get back to winning the league.

edgar allan

We've reduced our deadwood, made transfer money and reduced salaries, and signed no one as replacements, all to the benefit of whom? The glazers.

Speaking of deadwood.. we still have Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Mata, Darmian here. Players who've contributed the sum total of feck all here.

Out of the ones we've gotten rid of.. at least Herrera, Smalling, Lukaku and Fellaini actually contributed something.

To me it reeks of us selling 'good' players just because they didn't turn out amazing and still have monetary value, like we did with Di Maria, Depay etc. Instead we keep the actual crap around.
Bit of an over-exaggeration there, Mata, Jones and to a lesser extent Bailly have contributed somewhat and can never accuse them of stinking the place up like Sanchez.

BigBebe

On a more positive note, when the rest of our team are heading over to Kazakstan, it will be good to have at least one of our players squaring up to Barcelona in the Champions League.

What did Sanchez provide other than a distracting presence in the dressing room? Getting rid of all the fringe players who don't want to be here is the right thing to do, even if we don't replace them. Ole needs to recreate the us v them mentality he saw under SAF and he will only do that with totally committed players.

Stadjer

Atleast he wont be able to get playtime instead of Greenwood, Gomes, James and Chong.

We have a young team and Ole is clearling out the trash/deadwood. Longterm it is better to give young players extra playtime instead of playing Sanchez. We wont win the league anytime soon anyway and Sanchez has been so bad that he wont make a difference in a top4 battle...

starman

I would say the 6m is a investment in some of the young players; Greenwood, Chong, Lingard & Gomes who's chance have improved at getting games

DBT85

If he's not in the managers plans (and he shouldn't be) you get rid however you can.

I just want to know who wanted him in the first place, Woodward or Mourinho.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For me it's simple:

- We don't want him.
- He doesn't want to be here.
- He won't give up money.
- No one was willing to compensate him as we do.

So logically we agreed to a loan because he wasn't going to play for us and is now less expensive. You don't even need be a cup half full kind of guy, just a logical one.

robinvpersie

Is this a competition of how many threads about the exact same thing but with a different title can our moaning members create in a week?

If this one isn't of your taste, try any of the following...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/not-replacing-lukaku-and-sanchez.450224/#post-24634990

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/how...-wages-of-our-offloaded-players.450204/unread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/out-fellaini-herrera-lukaku-sanchez-in-daniel-james.450162/unread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/board-undermines-solskjær-transfer-plans.450212/

Give it a rest you tiresome fecks. I've zero doubts every last one of you was banging on at how shit Fellaini, Sanchez and Smalling are and how we need to "shift the deadwood", but if you don't get a bunch of new fecking toys with it you'll create a thread a day to cry about it.

Do you lot even enjoy football at all?

Lukaku > replaced in squad by Greenwood
Sanchez > replaced in squad by James (has already scored more PL goals in 3 games as Sanchez did last season).
Smalling > replaced in squad by Maguire
Fellaini > wank non-footballer, already replaced last Summer by Fred.

Herrera is literally the only one worth having a little cry about.
I love you

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I like how the OP falsely dresses up the situation. Implying that the likes of Fellaini, Lukaku, Herrera, Sanchez, Smalling and Darmian 'left' the club of their own volition, rather than the truth, that being each of those players was surplus to requirements and promptly kicked out of the club.

@Ranchero

It's not the first you have created a thread built entirely on a false premise. Careful you don't get a reputation.

Tony Babangida

Sanchez was utter shite for us. Overpaid turkey who was a constant reminder of how badly the club has been run. Glad he’s left. Hope he doesn’t come back next year.

Bestietom

I am happy that we are getting rid of some of the deadwood, but sad that we didn't replace Herrera and Lukaku this summer.