Gaming PC Games

Stactix

I managed a full game just then.

edit: Yeah seems stable now. Just had to update a few drivers.

Alright, so early impression... sound is everything in this game. Don't use speakers you'll be shit. Headphones are a must. Seems like it's actually a tricky game if you're a long way off from the first circle, very little time to loot and you have to make a dangerous trip often taking shortcuts across open areas to get to the first area in time. So for that reason, it's probably best to spawn in the center of the map unless you gamble and try and find a vehicle and drive into it.

My strategy is find a vehicle first and foremost drive to the nearest town that wasn't in plane range. Loot the feck out of it, then if I need to move I'll usually go around 7minutes in.
5 mins for first circle to start moving, 5minutes for it to close in fully. left shift boosts the car for aslong as you hold it down. I thought the Dacia was slow until I found that out lol
I really like Lipinstaks? or w.e the feck it's called. City on far right above the Plant. It has three hangers that always have great loot!
Found a silencer for a sniper, level 3 vest, Sniper + level 3 backpack in just one of the hangers!
You want to know how I died in that game?, Ran myself over without firing a single shot! It bugged:@
Red zones are cool though, I haven't got any air drops yet. I had one land in a town and I knew no one else was close but couldn't find the fecker!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm great at getting into good positions in this game. But for whatever reason I just can't seem to kill anyone. Probably my shit ping and the fact that I jump whenever there's a loud noise near me. :lol:

Stactix

I'm great at getting into good positions in this game. But for whatever reason I just can't seem to kill anyone. Probably my shit ping and the fact that I jump whenever there's a loud noise near me. :lol:

I was really bad at first, 8-10 games with zero kills.
Then I had a phase where I could only get kills if I caught an enemy off guard and even then there were times the enemy turned on me and managed to kill me.

Now I've started getting a couple a game. Which I'm happy with as I'm quite a passive player.
5 kills is my highest, finished 3rd that game.
May do a few aggro games, where I look for kills more than surviving.

I'm loving it though, they do have plans for another map & an FPS mode too.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Got a new card and tried that Team Fortress. Lots of keyboard controls but nothing for my shitty gamepad. I have Dupuytren's contracture on my hands so complicated controls are not so good for me.
Any easy free FPS that can use a gamepad?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Battlegrounds - Absolutely amazing. It's really easy when playing solo though, I've even won a few games without making a single kill (zone kill twice :D).

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Diablo 3 season 10 starting today at 5pm CET. Can't wait!

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Oh you playing as well? You need a good PC for Battlegrounds so no good for him.
Yeah, been playing maybe 5-10 games for the last few days after watching hours of SovietWomble on Twitch. I'm playing on a 6 year old PC, but all settings are on extra low though :rolleyes:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I still haven't got a kill and i've played for 4 hours according to Steam. :lol:

I'm pretty good at surviving though!

I've not even found a flipping scope yet!
:lol: Solo mode does seem like more of a 'hide and seek'-mode compared to the duo and team-mode though. As long as you find a house or a shed inside the zone, you'll most likely end up in the top 10-15 every single game.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm intrigued by the hiding like a coward aspect you guys seem to go for. Is it just for rankings, or is the game actually that intense that you feel you need to survive? If it's the former, I'm coming for you, the latter, and I'm definitely interested more!

Stactix

It's really great, though the heartbeat is going through the roof whenever I'm in the last 10 :lol:
Likewise!, especially when the fecking circle is coming and your pinned down.
It's incredibly fun, I've only played solos so far. Not really had an issues bar some rubberbanding.
But its one of those games, where you always think, 'just one more game'. 10 games later...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm intrigued by the hiding like a coward aspect you guys seem to go for. Is it just for rankings, or is the game actually that intense that you feel you need to survive? If it's the former, I'm coming for you, the latter, and I'm definitely interested more!
It's the latter for me. There's a sense of dread whenever you move out of cover as you can get shot from any angle from any distance and because of the health system it can be only one shot and you're down. So you have to be really careful about exposing your position. In the same sense, if you shoot first then it gives your position away and you'll often find another person starts shooting at you from a different angle. The hunter becomes the hunted.

My strategy on the whole is to loot early, then try and avoid big buildings altogether as they seem to attract people.

In terms of shooting though I always find it hard to good good angles indoors to shoot out from anyway. Most of the windows are poorly designed so when you try and shoot they're just slightly at the wrong height so the weapon doesn't shoot properly. The other day I climbed up this big oil tower thing. Got to the top and thought "awesome sniping spot" so I proned then realised I couldn't actually shoot anywhere because there was a small steel bar in the way.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Nah, I dont give any fecks about ranking to be honest. The beauty of the game is that you can win one and die first in the next game, it's such a random game in terms of loot, if any players are landing in the same spot as you and simply one second of moving the wrong way. It's so intense when you're all alone and suddenly hear steps, cars, shots or anything because there are 100 players in the start and anyone can pop out of anywhere. That is why I cant do more than a few games in a row if I end up as one of the last players, because I'm getting too stressed to carry on :D

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
A demo consisting of the first 3 missions of Dishonored 2 is playable this weekend if anyone's interested. You can download it on Steam.

Haven't played it yet but the first one is one of my favourite games in recent years. Fantastic game.

KN5

League of Legends, Counter-Strike:Global Offensive, Dota 2, Hearthstone and one of the classics, Runescape.

Marcelinho87

So I need some new pals for my platforms! Steam, Ubi, Origin, Blizz.

I am currently playing WoW, Titanfall2, Battlefield 1, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Andromeda (single player only for me not interested in the mp)

I am looking in to getting Diablo III as I enjoyed the previous games. I also have Overwatch although not played for an age, FIFA 17 and many more.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So I need some new pals for my platforms! Steam, Ubi, Origin, Blizz.

I am currently playing WoW, Titanfall2, Battlefield 1, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Andromeda (single player only for me not interested in the mp)

I am looking in to getting Diablo III as I enjoyed the previous games. I also have Overwatch although not played for an age, FIFA 17 and many more.
What WoW server/faction? :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My new GFX card arrives later and completes my rig... what game has face melting graphics to test this baby out?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
My new GFX card arrives later and completes my rig... what game has face melting graphics to test this baby out?
The Witcher 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Assassin's Creed Origins

Of course you should also have a 4k monitor. Only dirty console peasants do not have a 4k monitor.