Gaming PC Games

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Until 4k IPS becomes reasonably priced, I'm more than happy with QHD <3 FHD is pretty bad when you go above 23/24", so yeah...

Anyway, what y'all bought in the sale so far?

Marcelinho87

Bought GTA as I only ever played it on PS3 and xbox 1.

Never played it online and for £15.99 I thought why not! Will probs play through the story again too.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Anyone on here plays Fortnite? I'm tired of reaching top 5 in most games but never winning because most people play in teams.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I've just been given an okay laptop (i3) and I want to use it to play Pro Evo or FIFA. The latest versions are, of course, too good for my specs, so what would be a good version? I tried Pro Evo 2014 demo and it said my specs were not great. Not arsed about accuracy (Ryan Goggs, Paul Once, etc.), I just want an easy to play game. Any ideas?

EDIT - Got the demo working but it's not a lot of fun. Too many controls for me. I just want a simple game.

Last edited:

Stactix

Ended up being bad and buying 'They are billions' despite the huge backlog.
Loving it so far, beat the first map on a lower difficulty and even that was challenging.
If 1 zombie gets into your base & destroys a building all hell breaks loose.
Have had this occur half a dozen times now, I like how the zombies get attracted by sound, I've lost a game simply because I sent the starter soldier & not the archer to protect one of the sides, couple of shots later a few dozen zombies pushing on base.

Last wave was insane, attacked on all sides and two sides fell, was building new walls constantly, selling towers on safe sides and just managed to hold them off a dozen squares away from my HQ. That was 22% difficulty, same size horde as the hardest difficulty just less finite zombies hanging around & more time before the final wave.
Would reccomend.

Runner

A lot of people arent away of this game called Escape From Tarkov. It's a survival shooter with rpg/mmo elements. It's nicknamed "the dark souls of first person shooters" for it's extreme difficulty. Here's a highlights video i made for anyone interesting in seeing the combat. (forgive the music)

Simbo

A lot of people arent away of this game called Escape From Tarkov. It's a survival shooter with rpg/mmo elements. It's nicknamed "the dark souls of first person shooters" for it's extreme difficulty. Here's a highlights video i made for anyone interesting in seeing the combat. (forgive the music)

Nice vid but were you trying to cover up the voice chat or something? That music was immensely annoying!

Runner

Nice vid but were you trying to cover up the voice chat or something? That music was immensely annoying!
yeah i was, only have windows movie maker. i might try the free trial for adobe premiere pro for my next vid

The Bloody-Nine

I think I might buy this after work. Would you recommend it?

@Runner

Runner

I think I might buy this after work. Would you recommend it?

@Runner
Yeah, absolutely! However, there's a few things you should know about the game. My background in this game; I was an alpha tester who signed a non-disclosure agreement with Battlestate Games in late 2016 to get early alpha access and test the game/report bugs. Eventually, I became a moderator on their official forums. I have over 500 hours on logged. Personally, I love it but it has a very sharp learning curve and is not friendly towards newbies because there is simply so much to learn. To be honest, it's hard to write this post because of how much depth there is in the game.

So what is EFT? Well, it's important to distinguish where the game is at now vs what it will be when it's completed. Currently, it's a shoot and loot game with mmo elements: you go into raids with equipment from your stash, there's anywhere between 6-12 other players and 10-15 hostile NPCs (Scavengers). You kill, loot and escape. Or you die and lose everything you brought in with you. There's soft-skills you level up from playing the game such as stamina to run or strength to jump higher and throw grenades further. There's 6 unique traders that sell you things or can barter. 4 of them have quests which will carry you through to the late game and unlock (via money spent or reputation from quests) better guns, attachments, armors. There's 3 kinds of currency USD, Euro and Rouples. There's 4 maps with a 5th coming out soon.

The game eventually wants to have 10 maps (raids) that once completed will open up a 64 player open world 16x16km of all the maps and this is where the game will shift more towards survival. Managing your food, water, energy, radiation, etc. They have some of the developers from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series if that gives you an idea where this game is going.

The guns and gun-play is simply out of this world. The the developers don't just randomly add guns. They sign contracts with the weapon manufactures, have custom weapons, mods and optics sent to them which they go to shooting ranges to fire the guns in real life and record audio. I have never heard of a video game developer doing this before. The thing that's incredible about the gun optimization is that they let you fully customize the weapons like in real life.

Here's a few photos about what i mean. Also note, there are tons of different ammo types with different usages. Some offer more armor piercing which is good for targets with heavy armor but isn't good for unarmored targets. Against unarmored targets you'd want hollow points for more damage. There's subsonic ammo which will be great with silencers but have a lot of bullet drop. There's tracer rounds which have various uses. For example I put 5-10 tracer rounds at the bottom of each magazine so that if i'm mag dumping for suppressing fire i'll have a visual queue when i'll need to reload.

AK-74n

M4A1

Saiga-12 (know as the S12K in pubg)

Those pictures are from August so they're a bit outdated. New guns and mods have been release since then. There's already a lot of guns in the game but the developers are aiming for ~ 250 guns. If you like guns and mods then this is definitely the game for you. Also, the guns feel amazing in this game. There's also 4 kinds of helmets and 3 kinds of armor in the game with more coming.

Runner

Cont.

There's a lot of good things i can say about this game and if you're not too demanding about a game being perfect then you'll really enjoy it. I'll get into the cons now and make it quick because i have 2 friends who want to play :D

It's a pain in the ass this isn't on steam. It's sold through Xsolla which doesn't advertise VAT isn't included and you have to find a little box before the purchase and un-check it not to tip Xsolla a couple quid.
The developers refuse to give people refunds, for me that isn't a problem at all because i love the game but i know for some others it has been.

The developers are really serious about fighting hackers. If their anti-cheat system even detects Cheat Engine on your PC they'll get a report which will be manually verified before they permanently ban your account regardless that you never used it playing EFT. Then they'll refuse to even have a discussion with you if you contact support. You cheat, you're gone and no discussion to be had. It's that simple for them. Personally, I have no problem with that but some people have been caught modding or cheating in other games and freaking out.

The biggest problem at the moment is server performance which can cause desync and frame rate drops, it's pretty bad at some points but they're completely reworking the netcode and it's gotten a lot better in the last 2 months and they're committed to improving it. Also the game is very demanding on your CPU and ram. You absolutely need 16gb of ram to play this and a solid CPU. They're also working to improve the optimization so it's less demanding on players PCs.

In conclusion, I think the game is fantastic even though it has it's faults. The devs are really working hard to improve the game and fix the problems. The progress they've made in the last year is huge and a year from now it'll have improved a lot more. There is an open beta coming in the next couple months if you prefer waiting to try it. Btw, the game isn't region locked so you can play with friends in NA or EU and it's not that bad. Here's a link to the 2018 dev roadmap on what's coming.

If you have any specific questions i'll be happy to answer.

The Bloody-Nine

Thanks, that's excellent stuff, very helpful. I actually bought it last night, hopefully I'll try it out over the weekend.

Runner

Thanks, that's excellent stuff, very helpful. I actually bought it last night, hopefully I'll try it out over the weekend.
I forgot to mention you absolutely want to install this on your SSD for loading in times. Your character model will deploy at the same time as everyone else in a fresh server but can take up to 30s of standing there waiting to be killed if you don't have an SSD.

Happy to hear you got it. It's a lot of fun and it'll take you a while to get used to it all. Good luck and don't get discouraged if you die a lot at first. Use your gear, try things. No point having gear fear. There's a wipe coming soon so everyone's account will reset to their pre-order package when the new map comes out.

The Bloody-Nine

So far, I've only played off line and wandered around Factory trying to discover where the exits are. I had to google what the loot button is (F) so I think the inaccessible thing is pretty fair.

I tried to have a look in Woods but it was pitch black and I couldn't see shit.

Runner

So far, I've only played off line and wandered around Factory trying to discover where the exits are. I had to google what the loot button is (F) so I think the inaccessible thing is pretty fair.

I tried to have a look in Woods but it was pitch black and I couldn't see shit.
Starting in offline mode is a great idea. You won't lose any of the gear you bring in (even if you die) but you won't keep anything you find if you escape. You can enable PVE to spawn the Scavs (NPCs) and learn how to fight them. Although i believe single player doesnt have the latest AI intelligence so they might be overpowered, I can't remember.

Here's a copy of the other 3 maps with exits for playing as PMC and Scav mode.

https://i.redd.it/cdd1wdochb601.jpg

https://i.redd.it/4jm80xp4ob601.jpg

https://i.redd.it/b4acbc0wtr701.png

The Bloody-Nine

Okay, nerds, 4K monitors. What do I need? With a 4K TV, for example, you need HDR. Is there a monitor equivalent?

Iron Stove

I've played it a bit, seems cool but I've lost patience with reading that much on screen these days (getting old I suppose). Planning on giving it another go during the holidays.

Nickosaur

Disco Elysium seems to win big at The Game awards. Who has played it?
Got it in the Steam sale at xmas but only started it last night.
Only played the first 2 hours but i'm utterly captivated by it. The art style, the quirky, dark humour, the choices... it's amazing!
I don't mind the long pieces of text. It's really well written and dripping in atmosphere.
I'm playing with 'Inland Empire' as my special ability, which basically means my detective can talk to inanimate objects. Like my tie. . . it's batshit crazy and i'm loving it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Disco Elysium is magnificent. A few shortcomings and you do need to be OK with reading loads and loads of text but it's fantastic overall. Think I played through the entire 20 hours over a few days at Christmas, I was hooked.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I use my PC only for Total war games. Shame you need to uograde yer thing every other year for them to run properly.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
I use my PC only for Total war games. Shame you need to uograde yer thing every other year for them to run properly.
I’ve been dying for a Total War steam sale. Haven’t played any of the series is years but I’ve got a decent rig now and am looking to get back in to it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’ve been dying for a Total War steam sale. Haven’t played any of the series is years but I’ve got a decent rig now and am looking to get back in to it.
I think Warhammer Total War 1 is only like 12 euro's / dollars /whatevers on steam now. Totally worth it if you ask me.
I've sunk a crazy amount of hours into Total War: Warhammer 2 which is just splendid fun.
Yeah, I've recently started playing it again. The Thee Kingdoms thing is cool too, but I don't really care for Chinese history and the lack of zombie pirates and dragons is sort of grating once you get used to them.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Also sunk hundreds of hours into TW:WH 2. If anyone fancies some MP I'm always game.