Peaches and a GOAT Draft

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Physiocrat You should make sure people actually send write-ups in the day BEFORE a match is supposed to start so more of this shady delay bullshit going on

idmanager

I am with one nil on this. No point in late starts after a pre decided date. Especially if all you are going to write is a few template lines.

Of course, dont think the outcome would have been different in this game whenever it started but it leaves a bitter taste when you send as per your own timeline. In general you lose the interest to argue in a delayed start. At least I do.

Enigma_87

You know who
I am with one nil on this. No point in late starts after a pre decided date. Especially if all you are going to write is a few template lines.

Of course, dont think the outcome would have been different in this game whenever it started but it leaves a bitter taste when you send as per your own timeline. In general you lose the interest to argue in a delayed start. At least I do.
Yeah, me too. I’ve been also guilty couple of times for delayed kick off due to something unexpected coming up or too much work in the days before, but we should make it a requirement or otherwise the game should be rescheduled. Would be better for all parties involved.

Can understand the delays of course, when real life come into play there’s as much you can do.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Physiocrat You should make sure people actually send write-ups in the day BEFORE a match is supposed to start so more of this shady delay bullshit going on
There was nothing shady about it since the delay was both communicated and an alternative offered. But as it happens quite frequently because real life intervenes, I agree with the wider point that we should tighten up on kick off times by having tactics submitted by a set deadline.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
There was nothing shady about it since the delay was both communicated and an alternative offered. But as it happens quite frequently because real life intervenes, I agree with the wider point that we should tighten up on kick off times by having tactics submitted by a set deadline.
It wasn't communicated until 2-3 hours before you finally submitted so there was no alternative as the time had already passed. That is my point. I had already re-arranged my schedule to accommodate for a Thursday GMT start which I took to mean Thursday morning-evening GMT when 99% of draft matches start. So any alternative is meaningless as the time had already passed.

Anyway I think its entirely reasonable to think that two people can submit a short template write-up in the week you had before the match and not keep people waiting until almost the next day. The "real life issues" goes both ways you know.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It wasn't communicated until 2-3 hours before you finally submitted so there was no alternative as the time had already passed. That is my point. I had already re-arranged my schedule to accommodate for a Thursday GMT start which I took to mean Thursday morning-evening GMT when 99% of draft matches start. So any alternative is meaningless as the time had already passed.
Theon's communicated at 10.35am and 6.49pm both times advising he couldn't kick off any earlier than the evening. You'd already said on Wednesday afternoon you were fine with kicking off 'whenever you want', having previously said that 'any day this week' is fine, and at no time after Theon's two posts did you suggest that a later kick off was going to be a problem. While ideally it would have kicked earlier, you might have been better off indicating that a late kick off was going to be a problem and rescheduling accordingly. I was in the very same position in the last draft waiting for ecstatic to submit his team and suggested moving the game if it wasn't going to kick off soon.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Theon's communicated at 10.35am and 6.49pm both times advising he couldn't kick off any earlier than the evening. You'd already said on Wednesday afternoon you were fine with kicking off 'whenever you want', having previously said that 'any day this week' is fine, and at no time after Theon's two posts did you suggest that a later kick off was going to be a problem. While ideally it would have kicked earlier, you might have been better off indicating that a late kick off was going to be a problem and rescheduling accordingly. I was in the very same position in the last draft waiting for ecstatic to submit his team and suggested moving the game if it wasn't going to kick off soon.
Surely you understand the difference between saying any time is fine before a match is scheduled and then committing to a scheduled day. Scheduling the match at any time is one thing. After its scheduled its different. I clearly should have been more specific though.

And just to clarify it wasn't just the match delay. As I mentioned it was a combination of things. It was the delay of the match past usual match start times after I cleared my day earlier plus the double posting plus then I noticed Theon wanting to restrict number of videos posted after the match had already started which absolutely wasn't something I agreed to do. So to understand why I said Theon was playing "dirty tricks" it was the combination of those things that appeared to be constantly trying to make the match on his terms and his terms only. Only reason you are even involved is because you are the AM and I do think that two people should have been able to submit a write-up before Thursday night. So in the heat of the match I called out that combination for the reasons mentioned. Which I expected to go a completely different way than a response with name calling and insults. Mistake on my part clearly and I should have handled that differently.

Moving forward I think it should be simple that write-ups be submitted the day before. I really don't think its hard to expect a team of two to produce a short write up before the match day starts. I also think it should be standard practice for matches to be 1v1 or 2v2. 2v1, even one post, always rubs me the wrong way just like in real life. Yes they could have pre-prepared posts but that's a different thing than having two people able to response to one person's argument in real time.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Won’t be around on Thursday till late afternoon. How about we meet in the middle?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Actually won't be around much at Thursday evening but let's not reschedule.

harms

Staff
Okay, I'm going out drinking, hopefully I won't lose the game by tomorrow morning

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Okay, I'm going out drinking, hopefully I won't lose the game by tomorrow morning
I won’t be posting much either mate. Do you want to play it tomorrow, makes no difference to me.

harms

Staff
Thanks for the draft @Physiocrat, really enjoyed it. Refreshing to see so many new names getting to the later stages of the draft — and brilliant work on the values list, must've took you a while!

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Thanks for the draft @Physiocrat, really enjoyed it. Refreshing to see so many new names getting to the later stages of the draft — and brilliant work on the values list, must've took you a while!

Credit on the values list must also go to Sjor, Tuppet, Onenil, Gio and Theon

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
BEST DRAFTER AWARD

In time-honoured fashion, the Best Drafter Award - or Poisoned Chalice Award - as it should be now known, went to a team that crashed out in the first round. It'll be scant consolation for this duo, but testament indeed to a drafting job done well that this season's winners are:

Team Enigma_87 and Joga Bonito
Well done chaps - a formidable unit you had there.

Edgar asked me for a top three, which is quite fitting as there was only one point in it between these three. Sharing the second place with the same number of votes are:

Moby and Theon
@Enigma_87
@Joga Bonito
@Moby
@Theon

Moby

Dick
BEST DRAFTER AWARD

In time-honoured fashion, the Best Drafter Award - or Poisoned Chalice Award - as it should be now known, went to a team that crashed out in the first round. It'll be scant consolation for this duo, but testament indeed to a drafting job done well that this season's winners are:

Team Enigma_87 and Joga Bonito
Well done chaps - a formidable unit you had there.

Edgar asked me for a top three, which is quite fitting as there was only one point in it between these three. Sharing the second place with the same number of votes are:

Moby and Theon
@Enigma_87
@Joga Bonito
@Moby
@Theon
Thanks everyone for the votes! :)

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks for the appreciation lads and @Gio for the results.

Well done to everybody and especially @Moby and @Theon.

Very little to separate the teams if anything and perhaps down to personal preference on what one has over the other.