Peep Show

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Mixed feelings about tonight's ep, it as okay...

Was a bit flat at the end.

The Sophie character is wrecked, both in the show and from the writes PoV. Not a good plot line IMO.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I have only just started watching. On series 2 now. I think it's absolutely brilliant.

"What's happened?"
"It's not piss!"

narnar

Needs Help
Starting again tonight on Channel 4 at 10pm. Having only watched YouTube clips and seeing the trailer ("Hi, I'm Jez, how's it hangling?")

What can I expect from this? Worth watching the whole series?

I have seen that Mitchell and Webb Look/Situation and found it to be one of the best comedies I have seen in years.

I know the Peep Show isn't a sketch show, but is the humour similar to that Mitchell and Webb Look/Situation?

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Is there a new series out?

I used to love watching this. And that led me to watch the Mitchell and Webb look, which is also brilliant.

narnar

Needs Help
Yea tonight after Derren Brown's show.

Used to work Friday night or else head to the pub but I think I shall sit in tonight to give this a go.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Excellent. I've got just £15 to entertain me all weekend so I'll stock up on food and cheap beer and give it a watch tonight.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Starting again tonight on Channel 4 at 10pm. Having only watched YouTube clips and seeing the trailer ("Hi, I'm Jez, how's it hangling?")

What can I expect from this? Worth watching the whole series?

I have seen that Mitchell and Webb Look/Situation and found it to be one of the best comedies I have seen in years.

I know the Peep Show isn't a sketch show, but is the humour similar to that Mitchell and Webb Look/Situation?
Peep Show is miles funnier than their sketch show IMO.

Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I don't get it. I really don't see what the fuss is about. And the only thing i get from the show is that these two guys spend a hell of a lot of time looking at each other. Even when they're walking, i don't understand how they don't walk into signposts all the time as they seem to walk forward whilst looking sideways. Also i don't like Webb, Mitchell makes me laugh though whenever i've seen him on anything else.

I think it's just me because everyone else keeps telling me how funny it is, then again i didn't like the Royal Family. Watching a family of idiots watch tv and make fart jokes isn't my idea of comedy gold.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's got some of the best dialogue and memorable quotes of any comedy show ever.

I have a friend back home in Ireland whose only contact with me for about a year now has been texting quotes from the latest Peep Show episode back and forth to each other. There's always one absolute peach per episode.

"I'm sure it's in the bible somewhere...try corinthians, there's all sorts of weird shit in there"

"Who needs romance when you're doing it up the bum?"

"Sperm is like lending someone less than a fiver. You can't really ask for it back."

Muggers: Give us your phone give us your wallet!
Come on! before we feckin do you!!
Mark: Do me? are they gonna rape me? or kill me?
if they rape and kill me I hope they kill me first, I sort of win.

"The familiar gut-punch of pain and confusion is back... Hello old friend".

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
"Loosen up, Corrigan - that's what happens in the bedroom now, no old fashioned fumbling and kissing, a lesbian rapes you whilst you dream about your mother."

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This worth a watch then? Never tried it before.

Scholesgoals

This worth a watch then? Never tried it before.
Its very character driven, so i suggest starting with the first series. The stories drag you up and at parts its like car crash television (bit like the office) but theres plenty of slapstick and witty remarks in there too.

Brophs

The One and Only
In my top two or three current shows.

That said, I heard a wee whisper from someone's that's seen the first two episodes that this series doesn't look all that promising. Hope that's not the case.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
I finally got up to Season 5 a few months ago. Love this show, every season's been fantastic (Except Alan Johnson doesn't appear much anymore). Has me in tears sometimes, like the interview with the Scientologist type where Jez gets brainwashed :lol:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Super-Hans is the best character I reckon.

Jez: "I am definately not co-managing a pub called 'Free the Paedos'"
Super-Hans: "Ok, we'll compromise. How about the 'Swan and Paedo'"

After stealing a chocolate bar from the shop:
"The secret ingredient is crime."

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I will give this show a try tonight even though I won't know much of the back-story. If however the show was not to my liking I shall return to this thread and post remarks such as;

"What a load of fecking bollocks."

Or indeed,

"That was a load of old cock."

Or even,

"What a dollop of shite that was then."

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
I finally got to watch Season 4 and 5 a few months ago. Brilliant stuff :lol: Every season has been fantastic, couldn't really pick a favourite out of them.

That episode in Season 4 where Jez starts working as a 'handyman' for some DJ is the best episode I reckon though. I was in tears, ended up giving myself a headache

I just found all the episodes are on Youtube. There goes work for the day

Eriku

Super-Hans is the best character I reckon.

Jez: "I am definately not co-managing a pub called 'Free the Paedos'"
Super-Hans: "Ok, we'll compromise. How about the 'Swan and Paedo'"

After stealing a chocolate bar from the shop:
"The secret ingredient is crime."
"People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis... you can't trust people"

narnar

Needs Help
Well what did people think? Missed most of the second half due to my gran phoning me but otherwise thought it was excellent.