Pep and City's dominance only good for the league | Theafonis discovers he's a City fan

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I think Pep and City's dominance will only be good for the league in terms of raising the standard of football and forcing the chasing teams to match the quality they've set this season. They've just won 15 matches on the bounce and will probably go the season unbeaten. I think this is really similar to how Wenger revolutionized player diets and implemented sport science techniques when he entered English football. Also how Mourinho reshaped the tactics or even billionaires bankrolling clubs to change the approach to a transfer window or unique players influencing tactics. Pep may influence another revolution.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wish it were us doing the revolution.
League looking like Germany.

JohnnyKills

Think it will definitely force united and the other top clubs to raise their game, which is a good thing.

In terms of the profile of the league as a whole ... Not sure a lottery-winning club turning the PL into a new Scottish league or Bundesliga is great news tbh.

rpitchfo

puts all that rubbish about the premier league being the most competitive league in the world stuff to bed anyway.

Ibi Dreams

puts all that rubbish about the premier league being the most competitive league in the world stuff to bed anyway.
Temporarily. These things go in cycles but it's generally still a true statement since the other big leagues are consistently dominated by one or two teams

pan pan

Supports
Chelsea
Let them win it at least twice in a row first.

We have had 4 different clubs win it in the last 5 years.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’m so confident that they won’t go unbeaten that if they do I’ll ban every single City fan on this forum on the last day of the season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I really don't give a shit about them and would love it if Pep got them relegated - that would be great for league.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think Pep and City's dominance will only be good for the league in terms of raising the standard of football and forcing the chasing teams to match the quality they've set this season. They've just won 15 matches on the bounce and will probably go the season unbeaten. I think this is really similar to how Wenger revolutionized player diets and implemented sport science techniques when he entered English football. Also how Mourinho reshaped the tactics or even billionaires bankrolling clubs to change the approach to a transfer window or unique players influencing tactics. Pep may influence another revolution.
Easy now.

cyberman

Honestly, I couldn't think of a better windup thread than this.
Its as if it slips peoples minds that this is a Utd forum

Trophy Room

Every era of dominance will come to an end. They will win multiple trophies and break records but these things come and go in cycles. They have raised the bar significantly and its up to have the vision and determination as an organisation to not just match them but surpass them. This is what the United ethos is all about no?

notcool

Supports
a
Honestly, I couldn't think of a better windup thread than this.
Its as if it slips peoples minds that this is a Utd forum
It's not a wind-up. We will get better if our enemies are better.

goin4glory

How will pep cause billionaires to change approach in the transfer market exactly? He's spent more money than any manager since he's been here.

decorativeed

Dominance is when a team wins the majority of titles for a period of time like a decade - like United did in the 1990s and 2000s. City are a very good team currently and look seriously impressive so far this season, but they've won nothing so far and have won the same number of titles in this decade as we have. Let's not get carried away just yet, eh?

Ban

Let them win it first than we'll talk.

I don't like their raising the standard transfer wise.
It's a real life FM manager.

notcool

Supports
a
Dominance is when a team wins the majority of titles for a period of time like a decade - like United did in the 1990s and 2000s. City are a very good team currently and look seriously impressive so far this season, but they've won nothing so far and have won the same number of titles in this decade as we have. Let's not get carried away just yet, eh?
Maybe we should get carried away next season when they're on their way to their second title in a row instead. Jose was at Chelsea two seasons before we managed to respond (people were probably calling then an oil-money club too and minimising how good they'd been running away with the title). I don't want us to make the same mistake again.

deafepl

Someone actually forgot that United don't like when their opponents are looking likely to dominate, United are only one who rises standard of football, Take Chelsea and Arsenal for an example, they all lost dominance to Manchester United. Thank God, we are getting back on track at a right time before City get a chance to dominate. its only matter of time before United become much stronger than City and Pep is not going to stay here for a long time.

minoo-utd

How? Not for me. Hope they draw a couple of games this month to make things look a bit close, with us winning ours of course.

VanGaalEra

Will force us to strengthen, happened when Wenger came along and when Jose came along.

Will make us stronger in Europe as a result.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s been obvious since 2009 this is the best way to play football. We should have fully bought into it after being the prime victims of it twice in three years. Instead, we’ve let our rivals do it. Great management by the club.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
If City go unbeaten, would it be a bigger achievement than Arsenal’s back in 2003/2004?

deafepl

Will force us to strengthen, happened when Wenger came along and when Jose came along.

Will make us stronger in Europe as a result.
That's it, I was wondering why all of the English clubs are not doing well in Europe in last few years cos EPL haven't had any dominance and it doesn't help strengthen them. When United started dominating, it forces other clubs to strengthen themselves. Chelsea won league two times in a row, it helped strengthened Manchester United then went on winning UCL and reached 3 final in 4 years.

SuperiorXI

It’s been obvious since 2009 this is the best way to play football. We should have fully bought into it after being the prime victims of it twice in three years. Instead, we’ve let our rivals do it. Great management by the club.
No such thing. It's all about style combined with personnel.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The 'dominance' part is being overplayed. They're undoubtedly a phenomenal team and at this point I reckon there's a very strong chance they'll beat Chelsea's record points total, but comments like "it's becoming the German league" are inherently ridiculous considering the same team finished 3rd last season and is yet to retain the title at all...in a league where we've seen a ton of teams perform superbly in recent years only to fail in their defence of said title.

Ancelotti's Chelsea after 09-10 looked phenomenal for a few games at the start of the following season but soon fell into a dreadful run of form. Mourinho's Chelsea (for the most part) strolled to the title in 14-15 but obviously then fell into free-fall. Go back further, and you'd likely be laughed off by someone telling you before we ended Arsenal's unbeaten run that they still wouldn't have yet won a title over a decade later. Football changes quickly - and in the same way that people writing off Guardiola as out of his depth and being exposed last season were being too premature, I think it's also premature to see this side as one who's going to imperiously dominate the PL without question for years to come.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah a team that showing money brings victory is great for the league, were no different than other leagues now. The majority of teams simply can't compete, how is that good?

notcool

Supports
a
Yeah a team that showing money brings victory is great for the league, were no different than other leagues now. The majority of teams simply can't compete, how is that good?
You're missing the point completely.

sk6blue

Supports
Manchester City
This isn't a new situation. The very essence of creating the Premier League is to allow clubs to exploit their financial dominance, the majority of clubs couldn't compete then and can't now, nothing has changed :lol: