'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

laughtersassassin

The 3 you mentioned are still there, they have hardly replaced them. Frimino don't think a hard job to replace. Be the other 2 be the main issue they will have.

Your post would make sense if Salah mane etc where gone and these replacements where matching their expolits
They're still there but Jota and Diaz are ready and waiting to take two of the spots.

Hell they are the starters now in many games.

You can replace a player before they leave in fact it's the best way to do it!

Trophy Room

The stars are aligning for them to win the quadruple and there’s nothing Pep can do to stop it. Just have to move on. Urgh

Real Name

Yup I agree with this.

Especially agree with this.

It's the laziest , "low hanging fruit" opinion and it's thrown about constantly.

Liverpool have dropped just 4 points in their past 15 games (City have dropped 11) and 11 in their past 20.

City are playing Fernandinho at CB away vs West Ham, of course it's not going to be plain sailing.

I would also say there will be some dodgy moments Vs Villa next week too due to the injuries. (Liverpool could easily drop points to Southampton due to their injuries/ fatigue too)

But in "Bottling it" world you just have to say "Bottled it", you don't have to see the lineups, or the game, or the stats.

You just say "Bottled it".

*I have a friend that does it constantly, has no idea about form or injuries etc so it's a pet peeve.
How come Ake is not playing? Not fit or Pep doesnt trust him?

Agree about the bottling part.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Controversial statement, and obvious hindsight, but does anyone else think City would have won 2 or 3 fewer PL titles but one CL trophy under Pellegrini or Mancini?

Would City fans begrudgingly accept that outcome? I probably wouldn't myself. I'd rather have Pep's football and no CL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Controversial statement, and obvious hindsight, but does anyone else think City would have won 2 or 3 fewer PL titles but one CL trophy under Pellegrini or Mancini?

Would City fans begrudgingly accept that outcome? I probably wouldn't myself. I'd rather have Pep's football and no CL.
Mancini and Pellegrini's record in CL is not good. Don't think they would have been considered as among the favs without Pep.

Loon

:lol:
It’s their cup final against Villa. If they don’t beat Villa in a cup final, they don’t deserve the title so feck ‘em.

roonster09

Scout
And what good has being among the "favs" with Pep done for them??
If we are talking about binary then Mancini and Pellegrini wouldn't have won so many PL titles or dominated domestic cups like Pep did. On top of that, they wouldn't have won CL.

MUW4Eva

If we are talking about binary then Mancini and Pellegrini wouldn't have won so many PL titles or dominated domestic cups like Pep did. On top of that, they wouldn't have won CL.
Not so sure that can be said with any degree of certainty to be honest.

Smithy89

Man has done nothing but cry and moan since he realised once again that he can't win the CL without Leo.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
But it's managers that are not so clinical in their leagues that tend to reach more CL finals, and actually win them. Look at Klopp, Zidane, Di Matteo, Tuchel, etc .Ferguson and Pep being the opposites.

I reckon one of Mancini/Pelle, with another billion that Pep spent, would have won one but with fewer PL titles.

roonster09

Scout
But it's managers that are not so clinical in their leagues that tend to reach more CL finals, and actually win them. Look at Klopp, Zidane, Di Matteo, Tuchel, etc .Ferguson and Pep being the opposites.

I reckon one of Mancini/Pelle, with another billion that Pep spent, would have won one but with fewer PL titles.
Doubt it, if anything they wouldn't have won as many league titles and also Liverpool wouldn't be as strong without City at this level. It's like Messi-Ronaldo pushing each other.

Mancini has done nothing in CL, same with Pellegrini to say they would have won CL title. Maybe they could have fluked one like Chelsea did 10 years ago but you need lot of luck for that.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I guess you have a psychological advantage in cup knock-out games, when you are used to not be overwhelming favourite to win your game.

Teams steamrolling their league simply lack experience in dealing with tough situations, and so their first really tough games in a season often are CL knock-outs where you just can't lose. That's not ideal.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So you need a manager who performs worse in the league, so that when you enter CL games you are better at performing at adversity?

Blimey. Who knows, had we sacked Fergie in 2005, we'd probably be on 5 CLs by now.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
So you need a manager who performs worse in the league, so that when you enter CL games you are better at performing at adversity?
If Ralf had clinched 4th you would be favorites for next year's Champions League if that was the case.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

No way. Mancini could barely get out of group stages. He was routinely getting embarrassed in the groups. Pellegrini I doubt he managed Madrid before and couldnt go past second round

MUW4Eva

No way. Mancini could barely get out of group stages. He was routinely getting embarrassed in the groups. Pellegrini I doubt he managed Madrid before and couldnt go past second round
Pellegrini did very well at both Villarreal and Malaga in the Champions League.

So he definitely I think could have achieved something extra had he stayed at City.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Pellegrini did very well at both Villarreal and Malaga in the Champions League.

So he definitely I think could have achieved something extra had he stayed at City.
He shat the bed in the SF v Real.
Just seemed happy to be there and not get hammered.
His tenure at City started with a bang and ended with a whimper.

Winrar

Xavi and Messi destroyed Man Utd, not Pep.

And we should have won the first final against them.
The midfield duo of Xavi and Iniesta were absolutely unplayable in their best years. I haven’t seen a midfield dominate the game like they did since and I doubt we will do so for while. Sui generis talents.

Don’t even need to get started on Messi.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Did Ovbredo ref Man Utd vs Barcelona in Rome?
Go watch the game again , the eto'o goal was against the flow of the game and it killed us right there and then, before it we had the game in our hands.
Hell they didn't even dominate possession as it was basically 50-50 and we were without fletcher, just compare it to how they dominated it in 2011.

Kelly15

Go watch the game again , the eto'o goal was against the flow of the game and it killed us right there and then, before it we had the game in our hands.
Hell they didn't even dominate possession as it was basically 50-50 and we were without fletcher, just compare it to how they dominated it in 2011.
So agree! Up until that goal Barcelona didn't even have a shot on net. They couldn't string 2 passes together. At the beginning of the game we started with a high press and they couldn't deal with it. Then Anderson nutmegged Yaya Toure. Ronaldo had a good free kick and Park just missed getting to the rebound. Again we played a high press on the goal kick. They couldn't deal with it. And Barcelona was not pressing high at all. Ferdinand had a beautiful pass out to Rooney out on the left wing. Then totally against the run of play and totally out of character for vidic who let edo cut inside and he scores. Before that goal. It was 5-0 shots on net for man utd. That goal absolutely killed us.
I still can't believe that edo was allowed to cut inside like that. Broke my heart when he scored.

It would be great of any one can post the first 9 minutes of that game so others can see. Also they will see what a tactical genius SAF was. I swear that after pep saw how effective the high press was he adopted it from SAF.

Imo SAF in his prime would destroy Pep in the league right now. And the battles with Klopp would be like the battles with prime Wenger. It would be amazing to see.

Real Name

So I guess Stevie will rest most of the team tomorrow so they can be ready and fit for a title decider on Sunday.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
It would be great of any one can post the first 9 minutes of that game so others can see. Also they will see what a tactical genius SAF was. I swear that after pep saw how effective the high press was he adopted it from SAF.
Marcelo Bielsa is turning in his grave.

Also, I'm not sure how much stock can be put on one team starting well/one team starting poorly for the first 10 minutes of a game, especially since Pep sides usually ends up controlling games and suffocating the opposition as time goes by. It would have been interesting if you scored first though

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he gets the point no one wants City to win. They just want Liverpool NOT to win. :lol:

MUW4Eva

I don't think he gets the point no one wants City to win. They just want Liverpool NOT to win. :lol:
Yeah, it isn't us liking City, far from it; it is which one is the more palatable.

City are the more palatable, purely because they are not a real club, they are county's play thing, so their success, can more or less be dismissed quite easily.

Liverpool's successful sadly isn't as easy to dismiss out of hand, to anywhere near the same degree.

BerryBerryShrew

Yeah, it isn't us liking City, far from it; it is which one is the more palatable.

City are the more palatable, purely because they are not a real club, they are county's play thing, so their success, can more or less be dismissed quite easily.

Liverpool's successful sadly isn't as easy to dismiss out of hand, to anywhere near the same degree.
Exactly. They could win another 10 titles in a row and they would still be in our shadow. The Scousers however, much and all as we loathe them, are a proper club and their success hurts as a result.

MUW4Eva

Exactly. They could win another 10 titles in a row and they would still be in our shadow. The Scousers however, much and all as we loathe them, are a proper club and their success hurts as a result.
Yes this it, they may have been bought by some rich feller, or company etc, but they are not a dead club like City.

If this was the City in the 90's at Maine Road having all of this success, then it would hurt a billion times more, but this City side jas no connections to that side, they are basically a side of robots, there is no personality, nothing to get excited about with them, they are just not a club, they are a side entity for the country.
They don't even own their own stadium!

The country is using them as a sport washing activity, nothing more than that.

So any success that they have, is just irrelevant PR.

Whereas with Liverpool, it is anything but easy, to brush off, to try to sweep under the carpet, their success hurts big time, so it isn't a case of liking either side, far from it, I can't stand either, I would rather prefer if both got relegated in the same season, but since sadly, that isn't going to happen just yet, then a game between a dead club, and one is very much alive, give me the dead club always.

Charles Miller

He gets it. But he has been sarcastic, with a nervous smile and trying some very poor attempts of jokes at any press conference since the elimination in the Chamoions League.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He gets it. But he has been sarcastic, with a nervous smile and trying some very poor attempts of jokes at any press conference since the elimination in the Chamoions League.
I'm not sure Tuchel gets it though, he doesn't appear to be a troll, yet repeats the same lines abut Liverpool as Pep.