Pep Guardiola's next managerial job?

Earvin Johnson

Supports
Fc Barcelona
So what you're saying is ..... he did inherit a brilliant, but dysfunctional team.

Not sure why you acted like people said he did no coaching.
The question you should ask yourself is which other coach than Pep takes them to the same heights they reached under him.

El Zoido

I just don’t see Pep as a national team manager, he’s going to get frustrated having to work with what he’s got.

Baxquux

Sami Mokbel is usually reliable so this is interesting.

So long as he brings whoever's supplying his players with the latest, either as yet untraceable or non-proscribed PEDs, I'm in, fck it.... bloodbags Espana 08/10 (as well as numerous Pep outfits) could have their victories, we deserve ours.

tomaldinho1

I just don’t see Pep as a national team manager, he’s going to get frustrated having to work with what he’s got.
He said he wanted to manage Brazil I think at one point.
I think Pep is all about timing and really there aren’t any great seats around because he’s be leaving 1 of 3 state backed teams in Europe. Saudi it is!

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I think he would fancy being the man to actually win something again with England. Wouldn' surprise me at all

dinostar77

I thought it was well known that Guardiola wanted the Brasil job. Isnt ancelotti taking that next summer?

Wonder if he would coach in italy, when it comes to a love of tactics and tactical systems, its hard to beat Serie A. Only issue Juventus are skint and both Milan clubs dont have the spending power guardiola would want.

Bwuk

He could get a blank cheque as a salary in Saudi.

acnumber9

Taking a job without the best possible chance of winning? That ain’t Pep’s MO.

Sylar

Can't it just happen now.

Pep for England would be interesting and good to see, especially with the quality now in terms of youth and technical players.

Plastic Evra

I'm sure he'll try but like you I can see some potential frustrations with it. Very different job, you get the players only for so long, working with a fixed pool of players, etc...

Hoof the ball

Pep once said that if he went to Serie A he'd take the Brescia job. That'd be interesting. He was a player there near the end of his career and he had a real affinity for the club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Pep once said that if he went to Serie A he'd take the Brescia job. That'd be interesting. He was a player there near the end of his career and he had a real affinity for the club.
Pep was chatting shit when he said that. More than you believe.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
C'mon, he isn't going to any club in which the odds/finances aren't stacked completely in his favour.

The original post is really interesting because there is no really obvious place for him to go. He's already done:

Barca - stacked with best players and one of two richest clubs in Spain
Bayern - stacked with best players in the Bundesliga and far and away the richest club in Germany.
Man City - stacked with many of the best players in the EPL, by far the deepest squad and, until Newcastle changed owners, the richest club in England.

PSG? I don't see it interesting him.
Serie A? No clubs there with the money to be a really high spender.

I doubt he would go to another club in England. It looks like Saudi or a National Team would be a most likely destination.

Plastic Evra

I could see PSG if he is in the market, they booted Luis Enrique and they're chasing a CL. But maybe too similar to Citeh.

Tyrion

C'mon, he isn't going to any club in which the odds/finances aren't stacked completely in his favour.

The original post is really interesting because there is no really obvious place for him to go. He's already done:

Barca - stacked with best players and one of two richest clubs in Spain
Bayern - stacked with best players in the Bundesliga and far and away the richest club in Germany.
Man City - stacked with many of the best players in the EPL, by far the deepest squad and, until Newcastle changed owners, the richest club in England.

PSG? I don't see it interesting him.
Serie A? No clubs there with the money to be a really high spender.

I doubt he would go to another club in England. It looks like Saudi or a National Team would be a most likely destination.
Agreed. He's too picky to go anywhere. PSG is City but with less games that matter and Serie A is too competitive for him. He seems too much of a perfectionist for any club that isn't perfectly set up for him, like some 300mph sports car that can't handle a speed bump.

He will probably go to SA for cash. I remember him complaining about the Catalan independence quasi-referendum and someone asked him the obvious question about City's owners and he struggled to cone up with a good answer so seeing him struggle to do the same again would be funny.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Agreed. He's too picky to go anywhere. PSG is City but with less games that matter and Serie A is too competitive for him. He seems too much of a perfectionist for any club that isn't perfectly set up for him, like some 300mph sports car that can't handle a speed bump.

He will probably go to SA for cash. I remember him complaining about the Catalan independence quasi-referendum and someone asked him the obvious question about City's owners and he struggled to cone up with a good answer so seeing him struggle to do the same again would be funny.
Great sentence; bolded is such a succinct descriptor.

TheLord

It is either Saudi-Toon or Qatar-PSG club to win the Champions League.

Utd7

I wouldn’t be surprised if he renews with City and that ends up being his last job in football. The working conditions he has now can’t be replicated anywhere else. He turns 53 in January. He could manage for another 5-7 years and retire.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he renews with City and that ends up being his last job in football. The working conditions he has now can’t be replicated anywhere else. He turns 53 in January. He could manage for another 5-7 years and retire.
Jose once said that he would retire by then too. But never did.

Its an addiction.

colombianmancunian

At some point he would have managed Spain, but he don’t consider himself Spanish and is a Catalan separatist.

So probably he willgo to Saudi to earn a fortune.