Pep on MNF special

RedStarUnited

Did anyone watch it?

It was fascinating to watch him talk about the tactics. And there was a goal that Walker assisted, As I watched it I thought 'yep, United would never score that goal because no one is making that run walker just done"

Also when he was asked what changed from last year to this year, he said the players quality improved. He specifically said 'When people say we succeeded because of money they are right, we had to improve the squad'

Also says he hated when his team has a lot of possession but no chances, contrary to what people think about him.

Ban

Enjoyed every minute of it. I like what he says and I like the way he talks.

Wish we had him.

Is this good

crossy1686

career ending
Pep could have won the league with the team he had but he couldn't be arsed to spend 3 seasons developing the players he inherited, so instead he bought the league by buying players who had higher ceilings, all of which he admits.

Greatest manager to grace the game ever.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Enjoyed every minute of it. I like what he says and I like the way he talks.

Wish we had him.

Is this good
Ironically you aren't even joking, i'd swap Pep for Jose straight away if we had the chance.

cyberman

Did anyone watch it?

It was fascinating to watch him talk about the tactics. And there was a goal that Walker assisted, As I watched it I thought 'yep, United would never score that goal because no one is making that run walker just done"

Also when he was asked what changed from last year to this year, he said the players quality improved. He specifically said 'When people say we succeeded because of money they are right, we had to improve the squad'

Also says he hated when his team has a lot of possession but no chances, contrary to what people think about him.
Just a 50m pound rightback, thats all.
Where were all these runs last year? He buys the best RB in the league and abracafeckingdabra

Andersons Dietician

Did anyone watch it?

Sounds intresting. Couldn’t find it up catch-up but it is repeated on Thursday at 10 so the recorder has been set.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ironically you aren't even joking, i'd swap Pep for Jose straight away if we had the chance.
Tbf, you'd have to be brain-dead not to take that swap. He's clearly a better manager and also less of an obvious prick.

That said, I also don't see the need for a bunch of threads on a Manchester United website waxing lyrical about how awesome the Manchester City manager is and how terrible our manager is. Feck that.

Jacko21

I haven't seen a single second of City's title celebrations or trophy parade.

So I'm not going to sit and listen to hear how Pep did it. Self-imposed media blackouts are great - out of sight, out of mind.

Rajma

Tbf, you'd have to be brain-dead not to take that swap. He's clearly a better manager and also less of an obvious prick.

That said, I also don't see the need for a bunch of threads on a Manchester United website waxing lyrical about how awesome the Manchester City manager is and how terrible our manager is. Feck that.
Fully agree.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

So I'm not going to sit and listen to hear how Pep did it. Self-imposed media blackouts are great - out of sight, out of mind.
Same, I haven't seen any of their celebrations or anything.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's the best manager in the world but that ship has long sailed and been sunk.
He's at City, so feck him .

Skills

Snitch
Pep could have won the league with the team he had but he couldn't be arsed to spend 3 seasons developing the players he inherited, so instead he bought the league by buying players who had higher ceilings, all of which he admits.

Greatest manager to grace the game ever.
:lol:

Who was he going to develop in the next 3 years? Hart, Yaya, Kolarov, Navas, Clichy, Bony and Zabaleta?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Masterful management, the way he spent €245m on new defenders and a keeper was truly inspiring stuff.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
It was fascinating listening to him.

He and Klopp are a perfect fit for United. Such a sad, sad shame.

Ban

It was fascinating listening to him.

He and Klopp are a perfect fit for United. Such a sad, sad shame.
Depressing times mate. Wish we had a combination of the 2.
Everything he says sounds logical and beautiful.
Yet we're stuck with that miserable dinosaur of a man.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He was amazing, I couldn't help but touch myself when he started rambling about tactics.

I prefer him over Jose, but the level of worship is grating to me. He's just some fecker who fills in the team sheet and yells stuff from the touch line, not the second coming of Christ.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol:

Who was he going to develop in the next 3 years? Hart, Yaya, Kolarov, Navas, Clichy and Zabaleta?
Develop is the wrong word. He couldn't be arsed to 'train' the squad he inherited to think the way he wanted them to think, so he just bought new players on a whim.

The squad needed your bog standard 'top 4' investment but not the overkill he wanted. Like I said, he wanted as many shortcuts as possible so he can go elsewhere in the future and make promises of titles in one to two seasons.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Depressing times mate. Wish we had a combination of the 2.
Everything he says sounds logical and beautiful.
Yet we're stuck with that miserable dinosaur of a man.
Yep, I can't believe there were two managers that were perfect for United and they both went to other clubs. Add to this all these perfect players we never buy that go to Liverpool and City and I don't really know why I support United anymore, they don't care about doing the right thing anymore.

white text

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Masterful management, the way he spent €245m on new defenders and a keeper was truly inspiring stuff.
It's not that simple though? I recall a certain club that spent nearly as much and finished the season 20 points behind him.

Skills

Snitch
Develop is the wrong word. He couldn't be arsed to 'train' the squad he inherited to think the way he wanted them to think, so he just bought new players on a whim.

The squad needed your bog standard 'top 4' investment but not the overkill he wanted. Like I said, he wanted as many shortcuts as possible so he can go elsewhere in the future and make promises of titles in one to two seasons.
So which players do you think he should have trained to play the way he wanted? Zabaleta and Kolarov to bomb down the wings from FB at ages 33?

Hart to all of a sudden be a competent keeper after years of underperforming?

RedStarUnited

I haven't watched the celebration stuff either but watched this as a football fan.

Just a 50m pound rightback, thats all.
Where were all these runs last year? He buys the best RB in the league and abracafeckingdabra
Like I said, he said exactly this in the show. The reason they were amazing this year is because of the players.

Buying players is only one part of the game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The usual suspects have brought Jose into this thread. Predictable.

crossy1686

career ending
So which players do you think he should have trained to play the way he wanted? Zabaleta and Kolarov to bomb down the wings from FB at ages 33?

Hart to all of a sudden be a competent keeper after years of underperforming?
Yeah you're right, £245m on a whole new back line was absolutely necessary. Then he went got Delph to play there anyway, despite him not being a LWB. Amazing what people can learn to do if you actually spend some time teaching them.