Pep's spending is insane (£941m and counting at City)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Struggling to score goals? That'll be £120m for Haaland in January.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that he will spend big on striker but not on Haaland. Not his type of striker.
Yeah I don't think Pep would either - then against Aguero wasn't but they made it work.

City's board though might want him as he's the next young thing and he was a boyhood city fan. I'm sure they could make it work if he just stood up top and tapped them in.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Merely trying to lower the potential price of any marquee signings.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ay-spend-over-100m-on-one-player-if-necessary

This guy is unbelievable. He bought dozen 60-70mil players already but he pretends how it is nothing, how that is normal. Because only 100mil on one player is serious spending.
I am starting to think that he is trolling.
The 'dozen' of 60-70m players are as follows: Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo, Rodri, Riyad Mahrez, Aymeric Laporte, but even the Cancelo one is skewed as it was an FFP balancing act with Juventus as Danilo and him were swapped. So, technically speaking, not even half a dozen. And all of them were below 70m actually.

SER19

Shameless is the word. He has spent more than any other manager at a club in the history of the game and plays the pauper act every window. Hes embarrassing in this regard. Just own it. Hes successful doing it so no need to pretend huge money isn't part of his success

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pep has a point. Dortmund's model allows them overpay in terms of both agent fees and wages for young players.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The 'dozen' of 60-70m players are as follows: Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo, Rodri, Riyad Mahrez, Aymeric Laporte, but even the Cancelo one is skewed as it was an FFP balancing act with Juventus as Danilo and him were swapped. So, technically speaking, not even half a dozen. And all of them were below 70m actually.
:lol: :lol: :lol:. Bloody hell, you lot are so touchy about that spending stuff. Why? As @SER19 said, just own it and that is it. Why try to find excuses?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Pep has a point about the money going to people outside football. No matter the money city spent on transfers, they go to other clubs, not agents. Dortmund at the same time need to play according to the agents to bring in demand players to them for their model to be sustainable.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pep has a point about the money going to people outside football. No matter the money city spent on transfers, they go to other clubs, not agents. Dortmund at the same time need to play according to the agents to bring in demand players to them for their model to be sustainable.
He does have a point but you have to laugh given City are one of the most bent clubs in the world.

I'm fairly sure money has changed hands outside of football in their deals whichever way they dress it up.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
:lol: :lol: :lol:. Bloody hell, you lot are so touchy about that spending stuff. Why? As @SER19 said, just own it and that is it. Why try to find excuses?
I'm not touchy, I merely pointed some misinformation, which I guess had a lot to do with you trying to strenghten whatever point you were making. But that shouldn't be an excuse nevertheless.

Tallis

Interesting point from Pep. And everyone Dortmund was just such a fantastic club for developing youth. Who would have thought they were bribing Raiola and his elk with higher than market agent fees to sign up all the talent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What if he meant Euros?
You're naive if you don't think City are playing with the figures they release.

How much did City say Mangala cost again?

cyberman

Just the 420m (at least) here.. No biggie

Ladron de redcafe

Shameless is the word. He has spent more than any other manager at a club in the history of the game and plays the pauper act every window. Hes embarrassing in this regard. Just own it. Hes successful doing it so no need to pretend huge money isn't part of his success
The only thing embarassing is your obsession. I don't think I've ever seen an individual obsessed about another manager that way. We all hated Wenger during the early heated rivalry with Arsenal, but it didn't make us downright delusional and vituperative. Your entire posting history when it comes to Guardiola seems screams unhealthy obsession.

SER19

The only thing embarassing is your obsession. I don't think I've ever seen an individual obsessed about another manager that way. We all hated Wenger during the early heated rivalry with Arsenal, but it didn't make us downright delusional and vituperative. Your entire posting history when it comes to Guardiola seems screams unhealthy obsession.
Touchy

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Interesting views from Pep. A not-so-subtle attack on Dortmund and Raiola. Haaland's not going there, I suppose?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well my mind is changed. He's a thrifty fecker.