Perspective

Mainoldo

Go support West Ham?

feck off, I live in Manchester and have been a United fan all my life. You can jog on now.
Good we'll start acting like a fan and stop excepting our standards to be lowered, like we have been punching above our weight.

Tomalonge

Good we'll start acting like a fan and stop excepting our standards to be lowered, like we have been punching above our weight.
So being a true fan means I have to be throwing my toys out of the pram right now? Demanding perfection and anything else is a massive failure?

I guess I'm not a true fan then.

Comsmit

I added an opinion of mine. Mourinho's short-term, Klopp's not a proven winner yet. Ancelotti won the double when Fergie was in charge.

I wasn't preaching it as gospel. That's why I said "I think"

And the 80%, believe it or not, isn't or wasn't sold as a fact. The point I was trying to highlight is that most managers struggle when they're moving into a new job. For one to jump in and hit the ground running is very rare. For someone to follow SAF and keep his standards up instantly is impossible.
Ok so your opinion was that Mourinho wouldn't be doing well because he is short-term? What? Why? If anything that may equate to him doing better. If Mourinho is short-term, then to be fair most managers are in the modern game. He would have stayed longer at Chelsea the first time round if not for his spat with Roman. I think you will find he sticks around longer this time.

Klopp is not a proven winner....apart from the two Bundesliga titles he has guided Dortmund to of course, I'm guessing they don't count.

Ancelotti won the double with Mourinho's Chelsea side, so obviously he would do alright. Ok.

It's fine for you to hold an opinion, but expect to be questioned when some of the things you say don't really add up.

The point you made isn't accurate though is it? Most managers don't automatically struggle when moving to a new job. Your Ancelotti reference basically contradicts your own statement as he came in and won the double in his first season at Chelsea, beating a side that had just won the title 3 years in a row.

Why is it impossible to uphold Ferguson's standard of maintaining a competitive Manchester United side? You are just rattling off a shit-ton of assumptions/conjecture and stating them as facts.

Revan

Assumptionman
Shut the feck up.

My stipulation was that I'd accept a couple of bad years ONLY if that meant getting rid of the twats. You're picturing me with glee when we lose and that's not the case, very far from it infact. I'd be very disappointed, but I could see some silver lining if we lost a few thousand gimps.
Did you read the interview of Woody, when he mentioned people who buy shirts. Do you know that those twats pay Moyes wages although they never wanted him here and he is doing an awful job?

Tomalonge

Ok so your opinion was that Mourinho wouldn't be doing well because he is short-term? What? Why? If anything that may equate to him doing better. If Mourinho is short-term, then to be fair most managers are in the modern game. He would have stayed longer at Chelsea the first time round if not for his spat with Roman. I think you will find he sticks around longer this time.
But he hasn't stuck around anywhere, not one place. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic manager, but not a United manager in MY OPINION.

The point you made isn't accurate though is it? Most managers don't automatically struggle when moving to a new job. Your Ancelotti reference basically contradicts your own statement as he came in and won the double in his first season at Chelsea, beating a side that had just won the title 3 years in a row.
I said fecking RARE you clown, it's far more often found not to be the case. You're not interested in actually reading anything I've put though, just take a couple of sentences and roll with them, right? Twat.

Why is it impossible to uphold Ferguson's standard of maintaining a competitive Manchester United side? You are just rattling off a shit-ton of assumptions/conjecture and stating them as facts.
How's that any different from what anybody else is doing? Eat a back of jellied dicks and die in a fire. You know why SAF is nearly impossible to replace, he was the greatest manager of all time.

As you can see from my responses in this post I'm fecking done here, as you can't reason with anyone unreasonable. feck off, and stay fecked off.

Tomalonge

Did you read the interview of Woody, when he mentioned people who buy shirts. Do you know that those twats pay Moyes wages although they never wanted him here and he is doing an awful job?
Is everything about money with you? See my post just above this, read the last line. That's for you too. :)

Buh-bye.

Revan

Assumptionman
I added an opinion of mine. Mourinho's short-term, Klopp's not a proven winner yet. Ancelotti won the double when Fergie was in charge.

I wasn't preaching it as gospel. That's why I said "I think"

And the 80%, believe it or not, isn't or wasn't sold as a fact. The point I was trying to highlight is that most managers struggle when they're moving into a new job. For one to jump in and hit the ground running is very rare. For someone to follow SAF and keep his standards up instantly is impossible.
To be fair he has won more than Moyes will ever win. And when he took Dortmund they had similar finances to Everton. Anyway he signed Lewandovski instead of Yakubu and Gundogan instead of Gibson to name a few. I don;t see how you can say that Klopp is not a proven winner but to have faith that a manager who is older, longer than him in business and hasn't done anything comparable to what Klopp did will be a success.

Mourinho is short-term is also a joke. He got sacked from Chelsea and Madrid, while he left Inter and Porto. Anyone in his position would have left Porto (believe it or not, Fergie left Aberdeen for United) which mean that the only job he left when he had no reason to do so was Inter. Anyway, this we want a long term manager is a complete nonsense, considering that if a manager is doing good he won't suddenly leave us to go become the manager of an another club. If we would have signed Mourinho, he would have been here for a long time, unless we would have fired him.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Shut the feck up.

My stipulation was that I'd accept a couple of bad years ONLY if that meant getting rid of the twats. You're picturing me with glee when we lose and that's not the case, very far from it infact. I'd be very disappointed, but I could see some silver lining if we lost a few thousand gimps.
Oh, I see. It's your club, and anyone who doesn't agree with you is a twat, a plastic, a gimp, and so on.

I'm glad we have that settled.

Revan

Assumptionman
Is everything about money with you? See my post just above this, read the last line. That's for you too. :)

Buh-bye.
Well, I don't think that United could do well without money. I mean a team with Gibson, Richardson, Cleverley, Welbeck, Eagles, Shawcross, Bardsley and Campbell doesn't give you the confidence that they will be competitive. So like it or not, those glory hunters are a big part of United success and without them United would be less succesful because they pay a big part of Van Persie's and Rooney's wages and believe it or not they even pay some of Moyes and Fellaini's wages.

Less glory hunters, less money, less success.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just quoting, not pointing anything out.

It'll come to you if you look hard enough.
I don't think that Moyes became a better manager than he was before this appointment. Unfortunately it isn't a video game that after you finish a mission, your stats get raised and you become better.

I think for Moyes what I have thought before, a very good manager for a midtable club. Doesn't have any of characteristics to succedd on a big club. If Chelsea/City would have hired him, I wouldn't count them as title rivals. Until now he hasn't done anything to change my opinion.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Yeah I guess.

Just accept it - we're in transition. We're definitely not doomed for the long term, there's absolutely nothing to suggest we are based on half a season. 'Yeah but, Liverpool..' means nothing as football was a different sport back then. You could easily argue that United have been the most consistent top club in the world for the last 20 years - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Milan, Inter etc.etc. - they've all had bad seasons/spells.
This is kind of what I was trying to say before too. People use Liverpool as an example of how we might decline. Based on the fact that they dominated for two decades and then fell away for over 20 years. Now we have dominated for twenty years and have had a bad three months, people are predicting we're going to go as long as Liverpool without a league win. It doesn't work like that. Our club is very stable, despite the debt and we will have the financial muscle to keep up fighting for the title. Maybe not as often as we were under Fergie, but that's hardly surprising is it.

Alock's comparisons with the other top teams around Europe are better than the Liverpool comparisons. All of those teams have gone through bad spells. Most of them alot longer than three months or even a season yet they fight their way back. There is no reason to think United won't do similar.

This issue of striving to be the best is what United do and that accepting Moyes as manager is accepting mediocrity is all horseshit too. Every club from non-league to Premier League strive to be the best. It's not a trait that applies only to United fans. Accepting Moyes as our manager and wanting to give him time to do his job and getting it right isn't accepting mediocrity it's about doing things the right way and giving a man our board and Sir Alex thought was the right man for the job time. If it turns out after a season or two that they were wrong and he hasn't moved us forward then we get on with it and go in search of a new manager. But sacking a man after four months of his first season shouldn't be an option, ever, for a club like Manchester United.

Comsmit

But he hasn't stuck around anywhere, not one place. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic manager, but not a United manager in MY OPINION.

I said fecking RARE you clown, it's far more often found not to be the case. You're not interested in actually reading anything I've put though, just take a couple of sentences and roll with them, right? Twat.

How's that any different from what anybody else is doing? Eat a back of jellied dicks and die in a fire. You know why SAF is nearly impossible to replace, he was the greatest manager of all time.

As you can see from my responses in this post I'm fecking done here, as you can't reason with anyone unreasonable. feck off, and stay fecked off.
Glad you got everything off your chest man. You failed to validate any of the points....sorry...opinions...you provided, but never mind you obviously weren't in the right frame of mind.

The jellied dicks comment was brilliant by the way...genuinely brilliant.