Peter Drury

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nowhere near as insufferable as Tyler but his narration of every single goal is so over the top. How many times has he used the 'from boy to man' reference now?

SER19

Nowhere near as insufferable as Tyler but his narration of every single goal is so over the top. How many times has he used the 'from boy to man' reference now?
He's tough work at times. Tydsley was the sweet spot between drama, a bit of poetry but also some subtly. I sense Drury is aware of how things might sound in highlights and reels, and reaches to hard for something memorable. Was very contrived when he described rodri as 'clarting' it against united.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He scared the shit out of me when he screamed it as I was losing my virginity

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I can't stand him.

Give me Tyldesley any day over anyone on Sky.

GlasgowCeltic

he’s had a fly, and he’s score a lovely goal, what a lovely lovely goal, this is a lovely football match

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Loves the sound of his own voice.

Matt007a

I find his over the top pre-planned lines so cringey. He’s fine when generally talking about the game but as soon as someone scores he turns into the cringiest man in the world.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That commentator who does the 2pm games is really good. No scripted nonsense like Drury, just commentates on the game.

Jeffthered

I find his over the top pre-planned lines so cringey. He’s fine when generally talking about the game but as soon as someone scores he turns into the cringiest man in the world.
Yes, this. He sounds like someone from some old-school Sat evening family show.

It's all about him. Darren Fletcher has the same issue but is far, far worst

Pughnichi

I almost bumped this thread earlier.

My goodness…he’s unbearable.

So many rehearsed lines throughout that match made me nauseous.

and finishing with ‘The city boy. The Chelsea man’ almost made me throw up

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Seriously, does Drury just naturally speak in cringe, or is it something he just puts-on when commentating? Do we think he spouts this lyrical shite at the breakfast table every morning?
Drury: Ah, ladies and gentlemen! As the morning sun gleams through the window, casting its golden hues upon the tablecloth, here we are witnessing the most astounding event of the day - the breakfast! The stage is set, the ambiance is electric, and the toast pops up with a thunderous applause!

Wife: Would you like some cereal, dear?

Drury: A mesmerizing symphony of oats and grains cascading into the porcelain arena! The milk enters the battleground, swirling like a whirlpool of creamy delight, embracing the cereal in a gentle yet passionate embrace. Oh, what a culinary ballet this is!

Wife *sips coffee*: How's the coffee Pete?

Drury: Oh, the elixir of life! The aromatic steam rises like the hopes of a team before a crucial match! The first sip, oh, the first sip is like a goal scored in extra time, pure ecstasy coursing through the veins! A symphony of beans harmonizing with the orchestra of taste buds!

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Gobshite.

Nah, I don't mind him mostly. However, it does annoy me the way he behaves, much like many others Premier League commentators, as if he's completely, breathlessly in awe of the top teams. Especially City. But also the one I support. Our clubs all have a lot more money than the rest of the league, that's why we're a lot better than them. There's no need to act so wonderstruck by it.

Last edited:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Drury: Ah, ladies and gentlemen! As the morning sun gleams through the window, casting its golden hues upon the tablecloth, here we are witnessing the most astounding event of the day - the breakfast! The stage is set, the ambiance is electric, and the toast pops up with a thunderous applause!

Drury: A mesmerizing symphony of oats and grains cascading into the porcelain arena! The milk enters the battleground, swirling like a whirlpool of creamy delight, embracing the cereal in a gentle yet passionate embrace. Oh, what a culinary ballet this is!

Drury: Oh, the elixir of life! The aromatic steam rises like the hopes of a team before a crucial match! The first sip, oh, the first sip is like a goal scored in extra time, pure ecstasy coursing through the veins! A symphony of beans harmonizing with the orchestra of taste buds!
:lol: I read that in my head with his voice and enthusiasm.

AndySmith1990

Ultimately the problem is when you keep going over the top it comes across as fake and rehearsed. That may work for the average wrestling fan, but for a competitive sport you need it to feel genuine for people to buy into the drama

Heinzesight

So good.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Missed most of the game today, what was he babbling about this time?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I prefer him to Tyler audibly sulking because the wrong team scored to suit his agenda commentary.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Accurate

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pretty sure he shouted ‘Foden Mania’ as he took a shot in the first half today.

Ludens the Red

Spent the whole game basically performing fellatio on every city player anytime they did something moderately impressive.