Peterson, Harris, etc....

OleBoiii

You would be correct given that he and his daughter embraced the Carnivore diet at one point.
The link between the alt-right and carnivore/keto diets is fascinating. I wonder why it's so prevalent? Is it because of fragile masculinity? Eating meat is considered manly for some insane reason, so that's probably why.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The link between the alt-right and carnivore/keto diets is a fascinating. I wonder why it's so prevalent? Is it because of fragile masculinity? Eating meat is considered manly for some insane reason, so that's probably why.
Yes, its definitely masculinity related, especially as masculinity is increasingly less dominant in society these days. Eating only meat is therefore seen as a response to the emasculation of the social order.

OleBoiii

Yes, its definitely masculinity related, especially as masculinity is increasingly less dominant in society these days. Eating only meat is therefore seen as a response to the emasculation of the social order.
The ideal:

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
The link between the alt-right and carnivore/keto diets is fascinating. I wonder why it's so prevalent? Is it because of fragile masculinity? Eating meat is considered manly for some insane reason, so that's probably why.
Yeah definitely. It's trying to be the complete opposite of a vegan. I have a friend who likes JP and he is the only friend I have who worries about emasculation.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
To be honest I read about people with health problems or just wanting to lose weight going on Keto diets all the time. I'm not really sure if there much of an alright connection there. Maybe some dudes who are into being very macho might. But it's true on the other side of the spectrum people who vegan are mainly left leaning types.

hobbers

Eh what? There is no link. That's as dumb as saying there's a link between being a nazi and having milk with your cereal instead of water.

OleBoiii

To be honest I read about people with health problems or just wanting to lose weight going on Keto diets all the time. I'm not really sure if there much of an alright connection there. Maybe some dudes who are into being very macho might.
Eh what? There is no link.
It's not so much that all keto/carnivore people are alt-right, but rather that seemingly all alt-right people are positive to those diets :p

Perhaps I'm due another post in here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/personal-theories-that-you-cant-be-bothered-to-research.461063/

AgentSmith

It's not so much that all keto/carnivore people are alt-right, but rather that seemingly all alt-right people are positive to those diets :p

Perhaps I'm due another post in here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/personal-theories-that-you-cant-be-bothered-to-research.461063/
I've been doing the keto diet since the start of the new year and I've lost close to a stone and half plus I've noticeably felt my sleep quality improve. Like @Shamana says, there's a lot of good reasons to try it out as a diet.

So what if I've slowly begun to hate poor people and believe in electoral fraud in the same time frame?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I've been doing the keto diet since the start of the new year and I've lost close to a stone and half plus I've noticeably felt my sleep quality improve. Like @Shamana says, there's a lot of good reasons to try it out as a diet.

So what if I've slowly begun to hate poor people and believe in electoral fraud in the same time frame?
I've done keto as well and lost a bit of weight in the process. Ultimately, i jumped off after realizing it was basically an unsustainable fad diet with little to no research on its long term effect on longevity and wellness.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I didn't say it was a good idea to try it out, just that it's diet that seems quite popular for a lot people to try out for all sorts of reasons and I don't really make any political connection to it.

AgentSmith

I didn't so it was a good idea to try it out, just that it's diet that seems quite popular for a lot people to try out for all sorts of reasons and I don't really make any political connection to it.
Well I meant more you referenced weight loss as a goal of it rather than a right-wing inclination.

AgentSmith

I've done keto as well and lost a bit of weight in the process. Ultimately, i jumped off after realizing it was basically an unsustainable fad diet with little to no research on its long term effect on longevity and wellness.
Yeah it’s not a particularly sustainable diet and I probably would’ve sacked it in by now if it wasn’t for the noticeable sleep improvement.

I’ve started doing exercise in the last few weeks though which is absolute torture without carbs. Makes it a pretty limited diet. Long-term I’ll sack it off and transition back to a low-carb diet while trying to avoid bread, pasta, sugar and the like.

Bananas are too healthy and tasty to give up for life.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yeah it’s not a particularly sustainable diet and I probably would’ve sacked it in by now if it wasn’t for the noticeable sleep improvement.

I’ve started doing exercise in the last few weeks though which is absolute torture without carbs. Makes it a pretty limited diet. Long-term I’ll sack it off and transition back to a low-carb diet while trying to avoid bread, pasta, sugar and the like.

Bananas are too healthy and tasty to give up for life.
It's entirely possible you're sleeping better cause you have a mild allergy to wheat and massively cutting down on that has helped.

AgentSmith

It's entirely possible you're sleeping better cause you have a mild allergy to wheat and massively cutting down on that has helped.
I had thought that but I didn’t really notice any of the usual symptoms associated with it before I went on the diet.

It would definitely make sense though you’re right.

WPMUFC

High level brain ideas messing with Rubin again. Completely fecks up an example of the degrees in a murder charge....whilst pushing a "leftist violence" conspiracy. What a smooth brain.

AgentSmith

Surely not worse than Stephan Molyneux? He always comes across as literally satan.
I don’t think I’ve had the displeasure of coming across Molyneux yet.

I was referencing that little cluster that’s been given life by getting on The Joe Rogan podcast (Peterson, Weinstein, Shapiro, Crowder, Rubin etc).

From a brief search of Molyneux I think you might be right though. First video that comes up is ‘Cancel Culture is a Dress Rehearsal for Mass Murder’.

That’s a pretty strong opening pitch for the worst right-winger tbf. Seems to have been banned from YouTube as well which is another strong CV tick. Satan seems a fair assessment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think I’ve had the displeasure of coming across Molyneux yet.

I was referencing that little cluster that’s been given life by getting on The Joe Rogan podcast (Peterson, Weinstein, Shapiro, Crowder, Rubin etc).

From a brief search of Molyneux I think you might be right though. First video that comes up is ‘Cancel Culture is a Dress Rehearsal for Mass Murder’.

That’s a pretty strong opening pitch for the worst right-winger tbf. Seems to have been banned from YouTube as well which is another strong CV tick. Satan seems a fair assessment.
My wife’s young cousin was quite into him at one point so I had the displeasure of looking at some of his videos while trying to argue some sense into my relative. There’s a real whiff of sulphur off him.

AgentSmith

My wife’s young cousin was quite into him at one point so I had the displeasure of looking at some of his videos while trying to argue some sense into my relative. There’s a real whiff of sulphur off him.
Most of these guys make a living off of disinterested young men who are seeking an easy explanation for the world.

AgentSmith

Didn’t he get owned by a college kid during a debate?
Probably. There’s a reason he exclusively talks to college kids rather than actual academics.

The most satisfying video I’ve seen of Crowder was him getting punched in the head at a protest.