g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pewdiepie as an Influence for White Supremacy

Fridge chutney

the most upvoted on his subreddit in response to the shooting was a ben shapiro tweet
This is unsurprising because Ben Shapiro is racist against Muslims and probably celebrated yesterday.

Edit: I just read Shapiro's tweet from yesterday and it's one of the only tweets I've read of his that I agree with. Hopefully his message resonates with the alt right crowd on 8chan who celebrate this evil.

Last edited:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
If you're an immature young adult who literally spends his entire time broadcastig your life you're bound to be caught saying stupid things every now and again. Whenever I see people equating him to the devil they always point out the same 3 or 4 mistakes, all of which he apparently appologised for.

I never saw his content other than the polemic stuff, hence my questions about his "average stance"...

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
This is the definition of reaching, pewdiepie is guilty of shitposting and therefore he is an inspiration for a mass shooting? Christ.

Does that make everybody who promoted his channel (which is a LOT of channels) also guilty of association then?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Shapiro the Jewish conservative. Not Shapiro the white supremacist, neo nazi.

Plus the overlap between Pewdiepie and Shapiro's audiences would already have been huge. We're talking about young male youtube viewers after all.

If the gunman had announced everyone should eat tacos would that make tacos the food of white supremacy?
But he didn't say shit about tacos did he? he had many references to alt right people and I don't think it's unfair to put those people under the microscope as far as their influence goes.

Silva

This is the definition of reaching, pewdiepie is guilty of shitposting and therefore he is an inspiration for a mass shooting? Christ.

Does that make everybody who promoted his channel (which is a LOT of channels) also guilty of association then?
that's not what it said you fecking gimp, get your head out poopies dainty little arsehole and actually read other people's posts, no one's said he inspired a mass shooter, holy shit why do you love him so much?

Cloud7

I’m pretty sure I read that there’s some far right news outlet that regularly refers to him as “their boy”.

Storm something, I think it was called.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
that's not what it said you fecking gimp, get your head out poopies dainty little arsehole and actually read other people's posts, no one's said he inspired a mass shooter, holy shit why do you love him so much?
Oh go and do one you weirdo.

You're so desperate to portray little everything as a fecking Nazi, you do it with everybody, in so many threads. Anybody who remotely strays from your bubble is alt right, a nazi, whatfecking ever.

I don't love pewdiepie, it's just fecking tiresome reading you (and others) desperate to tar so many people with the same shitty brush.

The thread is about pewdiepie being an inspiration for white supremacy, and you think it's weird to defend him against that? It's generally considered a fecked up thing to accuse somebody of, but nah there's some desperate 'connection' you can cling on to, and by god you will.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I’m pretty sure I read that there’s some far right news outlet that regularly refers to him as “their boy”.

Storm something, I think it was called.
Stormfront mostly hate him. They call him a ****, an idiot, a mainstream media pawn, a coward .. whatever.

Silva

Oh go and do one you weirdo.

You're so desperate to portray little everything as a fecking Nazi, you do it with everybody, in so many threads. Anybody who remotely strays from your bubble is alt right, a nazi, whatfecking ever.

I don't love pewdiepie, it's just fecking tiresome reading you (and others) desperate to tar so many people with the same shitty brush.

The thread is about pewdiepie being an inspiration for white supremacy, and you think it's weird to defend him against that? It's generally considered a fecked up thing to accuse somebody of, but nah there's some desperate 'connection' you can cling on to, and by god you will.
yo literally the only reason anyone is talking about pewdiepie is because dipshits like you immediately spammed the internet to defend him, no one would give a solitary feck and this thread would quickly die if you weren't acting like a fecking pr manager for a racist gamer

Fridge chutney

Don't you find it strange that the shooter yelled "subscribe to Pewdiepie " as he murdered people? At the very least I think certain questions are justified, no?

Fergies Gum

Its by no means a coincidence the alt right, 4chan and other vermin sites adore Pewdiepie. You just need to do some research into some of the vile things he has said and done to realize what a scumbag he is.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Shitposting with 89 million subscribers has its consequences to be fair. Large audiences mean large responsibilities whether you like it or not. Is PewDiePie an inherent neo Nazi? Probably not. Does he have a large audience of neo Nazi incels? Absolutely. Can audiences be sycophantic and take their edge lords seriously? Yes they can. Surely he's got to realize that...

hobbers

But he didn't say shit about tacos did he? he had many references to alt right people and I don't think it's unfair to put those people under the microscope as far as their influence goes.
He specifically referenced the well known Pewdiepie subscriber meme, and he sarcastically cited Candace Owens as his major driver to white supremacy, and Spyro the dragon as what turned him to ethnonationalism.

Most of what he said, wrote and the music he played is like a tour de force of memes, and most of them actually aren't even nefarious in and of themselves.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
yo literally the only reason anyone is talking about pewdiepie is because dipshits like you immediately spammed the internet to defend him, no one would give a solitary feck and this thread would quickly die if you weren't acting like a fecking pr manager for a racist gamer
Yeah the only reason people talk about a guy with 89m subscribers is because 'dipshits' like me try and defend him. Watertight logic.

Fergies Gum

Stormfront mostly hate him. They call him a ****, an idiot, a mainstream media pawn, a coward .. whatever.
How would you know what the users of Stormfront think? Why exactly are you spending time on that white supremacist site?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Don't you find it strange that the shooter yelled "subscribe to Pewdiepie " as he murdered people? At the very least I think certain questions are justified, no?
Not really, considering he also spoke about a lot of other nonsensical shit.

His intention was to stir up controversy and gain infamy, so he mentioned a bunch of memes. Pewdiepie is the biggest content creator on youtube and has obviously been involved in controversies in the past, so it's no real shock he'd call him out.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
How would you know what the users of Stormfront think? Why exactly are you spending time on that white supremacist site?
Well you know, when you're bored on the weekends.

Everywhere is discussing pewdiepie, I've been reading articles about him, one of which referenced stormfront and a thread posted about pewdiepie.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not really, considering he also spoke about a lot of other nonsensical shit.

His intention was to stir up controversy and gain infamy, so he mentioned a bunch of memes. Pewdiepie is the biggest content creator on youtube and has obviously been involved in controversies in the past, so it's no real shock he'd call him out.
You didn't name the "controversies" so I will - most content creators manage to steer clear of saying "kill all Jews", the n-word, and the 14 words. Nice coincidence - the shooter referenced the 14 words. Another nice one - P has a mutual partnership with Ben Shapiro, an inspiration for a previous mosque shooter. Another - P follows Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux, who spread the white genocide talking point that is the central, unironic political motivation of the shooter.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't care which part of his shtick is irony, how much be believes in white nationalism.The only thing that matters practically is what his pre-teen and teen followers are going to be linked to after watching his gaming streams - and in that his promotion of "800 million radical Muslims who live in sewers" Ben Shapiro and his links with "America and Europe for whites, others will corrupt it" Molyneux and Southern are important.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I find it pathetic and a bit scary that attention has turned to a youtuber in relation to this terrorist attack. As if this wouldn't have happened regardless

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't care which part of his shtick is irony, how much be believes in white nationalism.The only thing that matters practically is what his pre-teen and teen followers are going to be linked to after watching his gaming streams.
Thats what I meant by the thread title, I didn't accusse him of being a white nationalist per say, I was just questioning his motives and whether he should be held accountable for being irresponsible

Abizzz

I didn't want to write it in the other thread because it's too off topic in a thread about a tragedy, but here it goes:
I only know of pewdiepie's existence because he or someone working on his behalf hacked gta online messaging systems some months ago to advertise his channel. Feck him. No way he has 89m human followers, I don't believe it for a second. Even if all the stupider kids from all western countries combined (say the bottom 30% I.Q wise) sub him he doesn't get to 89m. He gamed the system.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I didn't want to write it in the other thread because it's too off topic in a thread about a tragedy, but here it goes:
I only know of pewdiepie's existence because he or someone working on his behalf hacked gta online messaging systems some months ago to advertise his channel. Feck him. No way he has 89m human followers, I don't believe it for a second. Even if all the stupider kids from all western countries combined (say the bottom 30% I.Q wise) sub him he doesn't get to 89m. He gamed the system.
https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...e-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-youtube-808633/

PewDiePie supporters have hacked printers and Google Homes to promote the slogan, and as recently as last week, “Subscribe to PewDiePie” was found spray-painted on a World War II memorial at a Brooklyn park.