Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GazTheLegend

I had also written him off so it's ridiculously pleasing that he's done so well lately.

Not against mugs either - Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham all have the likes of Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez etc so to have kept them all quiet is genuinely impressive.

Hope he stays fit!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I had also written him off so it's ridiculously pleasing that he's done so well lately.

Not against mugs either - Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham all have the likes of Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez etc so to have kept them all quiet is genuinely impressive.

Hope he stays fit!
You're right - the type of players he's had to defend have all been of high quality. All different types of players too.

Maybe we don't need a CB in January after the emergence of himself and Rojo.

donkeyfish

Thread makes for enjoyable reading. People always did go way overboard with the critisism of his actual football.
Go to the Smalling thread instead, I'm sure it continues there. It is very easy to have a wrongful or exaggerated opinion about those that are injured or not playing much, since there are no observables to ground those opinions.

the hea

We are undefeated since he came back from injury, 4 wins and 3 draws with 15 goals scored and 5 goals conceded in those 7 games.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's really doing well long may it continue. Fingers crossed he remains fit

El Zoido

Reckon a Jones/Bailly pairing could be a long term solution for our defence? Assuming Jones stays fit. Could see Jose turning him in to a new John Terry. IMO he's talented enough, but injuries have severely disrupted his progress.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's been very good these last few games, it's probably his his best runs in years, but people are getting too excited for nothing since he'll probably get injured pretty soon - probably when Smalling returns, that's just Jones usual cycle.

the hea

Another quality performance from him. If he continues like this Bailley, Smalling and Rojo will be fighting for the place next to him because there is no way he will be dropped with performances like this.

Still unbeaten with him in the team this season, 5 wins and 3 draws now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Physio room, coaches & Mou are Jesus in one, don't know really what they did but it's working.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another very solid performance.

Thought he would be sold in January but seems to be first choice CB right now. Hope he stays fit & continues performing as he has done so far.

Fracture90

Another great performance. His calmness and aerial ability is really something, hope he'll stay healthy and fit for a long long time.

Really can't see Mourinho dropping him for anyone.

Raw

I really can't say enough words about how well he's done since returning. This is why I should never be manager, Jose put his trust in him and it's working out so well.

I was thinking earlier about English centrebacks, and on current form I can't think of anyone who's clearly better than Jones right now?

FromTheBench

Jose really performed a miracle on Jones'. Amazing turnaround.
Actually he was pretty good in LVG's first season too and mostly been good when fully fit since barring 1/2 games. Just has to stay fit and he will be very good.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Very happy for him, praying the worst of his injury problems are behind him now.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Without the injury woes he would be miles ahead of Smalling.

Along with Herrera the best comeback of the Jose' reign. Actually Jones is a better comeback since Herrera was so obvious, we all knew he would be quality with some correct coaching. As with Jones I seriously thought that his career at the very highest level was over.

Devil81

Playing fantastic, like always I'm fearing the inevitable injury.

Devil may care

Took charge back there today with Rojo being rash and the RB turnover, he lead steadily and Jones 2.0 has removed my biggest gripe with him, well done.

Ban

Just keep fit Phil.

I'll repeat this every week. :)

Jose's physio is doing wonders.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Superb again. Bizarrely either him or our best player today (Pogba) at fault for goal.

Still superb form.

Sylar

Just keep fit Phil.

I'll repeat this every week. :)

Jose's physio is doing wonders.
Exactly. Keep hoping he can stay fit because hes quality when playing. Puts himself about and shows the commitment. Shame we couldnt get another clean sheet though.
Dilemma is when both he and Bailly are both fit as I cant see either playing the Left CB position well (but would love to be wrong on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.