Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

The best thing about him now is that you just don't notice him that much, which is exactly what you want. He's not being reckless or having to dive into tackles because he's a lot more calm and reserved. Rather than diving in early or lunging at a player every time (I am not saying that's a bad thing) he's quietly knicking the ball off the opposition.

We need to him to stay fit, and form a partnership with Bailly.

ThaReaper01

I thought Darmien had a shocking clearance header, then immediately got skinned which pulled the defence apart, meaning a Palace player was going to get free somewhere.

Would have to watch again.
From what I remember, the ball got played inside (with Pogba between Rojo and Jones). Jones closed down Ledley(?) who got the initial pass and McArthur just peeled off Pogba who seemed like he didn't know he was there. Seemed like a lack of communication there between Rojo and Pogba. Language, maybe?

AgentP

I thought Darmien had a shocking clearance header, then immediately got skinned which pulled the defence apart, meaning a Palace player was going to get free somewhere.

Would have to watch again.
I felt the same. Maybe Valencia or Bailly might have got a foot in and not the let the player slide past him so easily. But it was the backheel pass that made the goal. So can't put the blame just on Darmian.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I felt the same. Maybe Valencia or Bailly might have got a foot in and not the let the player slide past him so easily. But it was the backheel pass that made the goal. So can't put the blame just on Darmian.
Although he had two attempts to clear the danger!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Been fantastic lately. I was so worried about who will partner Smalling when Bailly goes off to the AFCON, now it seems Smalling won't even get in the team ahead of Jones and Rojo.

This has been one of the most pleasantly surprising turnarounds i can remember.

CG1010

I have always liked Jones, and consistently defended him from 'fans' who abused him for being injured. But some are overrating his performances, which have been good but not very different from what he was before injuries for Van Gaal. Fair play to him (and Rojo) for cutting out their mistakes but I feel that a large part of our recent defensive performance has been our midfield dominance. As soon as we relinquish that (by sitting back,etc.) we have looked defensively vulnerable. Even in the Crystal palace game, we immediately looked vulnerable starting second half, and De Gea had to make many good saves too.
So Jones needs to go a long way before he can stake claim to be the first choice CB in a PL/CL contending team IMO. But of course he has the potential to do so. Importantly, he needs to play consistently as others have also said.

prateik

Jones has been here for 5.5 seasons. Darmian for 1.5.
Considering most of last season and the beginning of this season was a write off, the record for the rest of the time would be pretty similar.

Anyway.. He has had a really bad 2 years.. He has stopped the mindless clattering into people and getting himself injured. The blood clot was something he had no control over. There is hope.

Anduin

If this guy can stay fit for once he'll be an incredible player for us IMO. He has done brilliantly since coming back from the death - no more stupid sliding tackles (and faces :D), rash fouls or weird decision making. Just straight forward no-nonsense defending. Love it. I sometimes forget he's still only 24, it seems he's been around forever.

Sylar

He got fit at the right time, just when we needed him the most. And hes not let us down. Fantastic.

Devil may care

There's a maturity in his game that suggests the penny has finally dropped with him, he was great today, not just his performance but he showed leadership in commanding his back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.