Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Festive Sandvich

Thought he was great up until his injury, looked very sharp with the interceptions and driving forward with the ball. Guy deserves a break with this injury layoff, just hope it a couple of weeks rather than months.

Thisistheone

Hope he's not out for too long. Was my motm last night even with 55 minutes under his belt.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Phil Jones is set to return for Manchester United against Watford on Saturday following another freak injury.

The Reds defender had to limp off in the recent Old Trafford 0-0 stalemate with Hull City when his boot bust.

Jones, who was enjoying one of the most injury-free periods in his six-year United career following his return in November from a knee injury, was forced him to miss the Reds' 3-0 win at Leicester City last Sunday.

He is now fit and ready for selection when manager Jose Mourinho chooses his XI Watford.

“It is all good now," Jones told MEN Sport. "I have just had a bit of bruising underneath the foot where my insole cracked and that was pushing up and it was just a bit painful.

“It was just one of those things. You can't legislate for that. It could happen to anyone. It was just unfortunate it cracked.

“But I should be okay for Watford.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-united-team-news-jones-12576266

Festive Sandvich

Phil Jones is set to return for Manchester United against Watford on Saturday following another freak injury.

The Reds defender had to limp off in the recent Old Trafford 0-0 stalemate with Hull City when his boot bust.

Jones, who was enjoying one of the most injury-free periods in his six-year United career following his return in November from a knee injury, was forced him to miss the Reds' 3-0 win at Leicester City last Sunday.

He is now fit and ready for selection when manager Jose Mourinho chooses his XI Watford.

“It is all good now," Jones told MEN Sport. "I have just had a bit of bruising underneath the foot where my insole cracked and that was pushing up and it was just a bit painful.

“It was just one of those things. You can't legislate for that. It could happen to anyone. It was just unfortunate it cracked.

“But I should be okay for Watford.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-united-team-news-jones-12576266
Great news. Dying for him to kick on after a really good spell this season. Showed glimpses of a top centre back.

kundalini

Not among the 15 players spotted at the Lowry by the Manchester Evening News

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Boy, for what was just a "minor" knock it's starting to look ominous again :(
Precautionary. Why rush him back when we have 3 other CBs fully fit? We are going to need him for the run in. He's our best defender in my opinion. He's been very, very good this season. Him and Bailly, or him and Rojo is the way to go.

Dobbs

Boy, for what was just a "minor" knock it's starting to look ominous again :(
When you read his description of the injury it doesn't sound minor. A cracked insole. I was surprised at the time when he said he'll be back shortly.

Nero

When you read his description of the injury it doesn't sound minor. A cracked insole. I was surprised at the time when he said he'll be back shortly.
The insole was part of the boot, not part of his foot.

Unless I'm being whooshed, in which case I'll move along.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Apparently he's out of the 2nd leg europa lge match....
Where did you hear this? Has Mou stated that in a press conference? I really wonder when Jones will be back, I don't want him to go back into the injury spiral.
If these four can be fit and involved for the remainder of the season, I will be very happy with these 4 CBs(Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Rojo).

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Where did you hear this? Has Mou stated that in a press conference? I really wonder when Jones will be back, I don't want him to go back into the injury spiral.
If these four can be fit and involved for the remainder of the season, I will be very happy with these 4 CBs(Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Rojo).
I think Mourinho mentioned him and Rooney are out of europa and doubts for the final.....not really surprised!

Brophs

The One and Only
2 weeks for Phil Jones is a bit like Hargreaves was. Probably means 2 months
So now we have him blaming us for his injury problems and becoming the worst pundit in the world to look forward to?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So now we have him blaming us for his injury problems and becoming the worst pundit in the world to look forward to?
At least he'll become world class while he is injured though.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Precautionary. Why rush him back when we have 3 other CBs fully fit? We are going to need him for the run in. He's our best defender in my opinion. He's been very, very good this season. Him and Bailly, or him and Rojo is the way to go.
Agreed no need to take chances but it's a concern to me he's not even fit enough to make the bench.

RedMaestro

Been a while since we've seen Jones play. Wonder when he going to return as a starter, since he's been really good - I kind of miss him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I was one of the people who thought he should leave, but he's been great for us. Gutted to see he's still injured:( We could really use him for these upcoming matches...

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Simon Stone (BBC):

Phil Jones said earlier he will be available for @ManUtd on Saturday. Missed 6 games with bruising on foot but started training last week.

Man Utd 1:1 Bournemouth

Nick.

Has had an absolute nightmare of a first half, topping it off by giving away a needless penalty.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's a neanderthal of a defender who is constantly living on the edge. Always has a mistake like that in him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Afobe and King have had him on toast at every chance.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He's a neanderthal of a defender who is constantly living on the edge. Always has a mistake like that in him.
Hate to resort to insults but that kind of sums up my feelings about Jones. Seems like a great guy, and definitely has his bright spots, but just too many individual mistakes. It's like all I can remember when I think of Jones is every single feck up.

lsd

The Oracle
Yet another idiotic decision yet apparently Rojo is the rash one on here

Smithy_123

Can at times be a superb defender, but he is one of the most brainless players to have ever worn the shirt.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If we forget his awful defending for a moment, I am yet to see what is so special about his distribution. He is incredibly average passer, passes back to our keeper and his partner probably more than our any other defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.