Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This thread. :lol:

He's made a mistake. Dived in. Obviously shouldn't have. He won't be the first defender to give a pen away.

The important thing is how he reacts to it in the second half.
I think we should have higher standards personally.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
We generally have a set of CB's who, if I was an opposition fan, I'd always feel pretty good about facing.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Most infuriating for me was how he regularly came off second best in challenges.

Zoo

Apart from the miss he missed so many header it was remarkable. All over the place he was atrocious.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Absolute shower of shit today. So clumsy and generally just a oaf all over the pitch.

POF

Bullied by Afobe and King today. Even apart from the penalty he was very poor.

Devil may care

In full Calamity Jones mode today, shocking performance.

And if Ibra scores the pen we win 2-1 and people don't really dwell on it.
What are you talking about? Ibra was the lowest rated player today with 2.2./10 and everyone is slating him in his thread.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wasn´t good today but i still rate him.

Ixion

I wonder if there's some sort of summer school we can send him to between seasons because he's a FECKING MORON.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Oh boy. Wonder why Smalling or Bailly didn't play today, considering the pace and strength of Afobe.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's done well this year, and it has been nice to see him get a run of games again, but I still believe we should be looking to buy an established CB in the summer. It should be one of our main priorities.

El Zoido

Same with Bailly. Plays well, misses a number of games, comes back and isn't a good. We need the consistency in defence more than anywhere else.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What are you talking about? Ibra was the lowest rated player today with 2.2./10 and everyone is slating him in his thread.
Walters likes to stick up for the English lads at the expense of Johnny Foreigner. It's what he does.

peanuthead

I know he just came back from injury but my god he was a disaster today. He couldn't handle Afobe or King, struggled to win headers couldn't keep up with them. I was actually shocked he lasted the whole game.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's a frustrating case.

Finally putting together a great run, then gets injured, then comes back a nervous wreck costing us. Sigh.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think we should have higher standards personally.
He was excellent when he first came back from injury. He's come back, having been out for 3-4 weeks, and he's had a bit of a shaky game.

Overall; however, he's had more good than bad games. Actually, this is his only shaky game I'd say, which is very good considering he'd been out for so long prior to the season started.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Worst I've seen him play since LVG.

He's not been overly graceful visually, but never looked that bad under Jose.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I like Jones. But he should have stayed on his feet and looked rattled after the penalty.

Still think he's our best CB when fully fit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You do notice that he plays well sometimes?

red4ever 79

Hi touch is awful. The ball comes in at him and he just cant get it under control, reminds me when you are trying to hold a goldfish in your hands

Sylar

He did that thing I hate from defenders when they let it bounce from a ball over the top, which invites strikers to take advantage.

Was annoying that he fell for it when giving the penalty away.

Rossa

Has he lost a yard or two? Easily outpaced a few times today; recalling him keeping up with Ribery in the past, he does look slower. It doesn't help then with poor positioning either.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was a liability today, total brain fart on the penalty what was he thinking?!

Water Melon

Has he lost a yard or two? Easily outpaced a few times today; recalling him keeping up with Ribery in the past, he does look slower. It doesn't help then with poor positioning either.
His reflexes, reaction have certainly declined. Looks like he has a one-second delay before he moves.

Ivor Ballokov

Terrible passing, poor positioning, missed interceptions, gave away a penalty, one on one defending suspect. Not a good day at the office for Jones.

Dobbs

I think he has. Injuries catching up I guess. Mind you his body seems to have doubled in size so that extra bulk won't help. A shame because physically he was exceptional.

Rossa

I think he has. Injuries catching up I guess. Mind you his body seems to have doubled in size so that extra bulk won't help. A shame because physically he was exceptional.
I agree. He was almost as fast as Smalling, but more nimble and agile, and he had a great leap. Now he looks a little diminished physically, unfortunately.

Seanus

Poor-some of it could be down to first game back after a few weeks out-one thing LVG was adamant about was that injured players have to be reinstated gradually usually reserve game, half a first team game and then if shaken the rust off back in the fray

NoLookPasser

Jones' good run of games earlier in the season came when we played with a 3 man midfield. When he is exposed as he was today, he has it in him to commit errors.

He has not one attribute be it passing, positioning, reading of the game, heading, one-on-one situations or tackling which is better than Bailly, Smalling or Rojo. He should be our 4th choice CB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.