Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

varga92

I think everyone should head over to Twitter and have a look at this.....

I'm done.
In the second picture he looks like a wax sculpture from Madame Tussauds.

I think it's no problem anyway. He has just a new haircut. No big deal.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Nah they really wouldn't, City have Stones sitting on the bench. Only we're foolish enough to have Jones still, he's not even a reliable squad player.
City would probably be the only club who wouldn't sign Jones as a backup. However, with Kompany gone that could change.

Sweet Square

My feelings as well. I've felt apathy before but I actively dislike this set of players.
Phil Jones is 27 years old, the guy is around my age and he is clearly still a massive man child. Of course footballer aren't going to be ''normal'' people since they are paid large amounts of money to kick a ball around but can he not look like a massive bell end or better just completely disappear until pre season. There seem to zero progress with these players both on the pitch and off of it, feel like us fans are still dealing with a bunch of kids and not players in their late 20's.

Name Changed

weso26
I can't believe he got such a deal considering Herrera didn't get one until his contract was nearly up.

Saying that I prefer him to all our other centre backs bar Lindelof. That doesn't say an awful lot for our quality in that area.

acnumber9

What on earth is going on here? Can someone just shoot these pr!cks. Should be embarrassed by the season and hiding in shame. Not posting your new haircut/style on fecking Twitter.
The barber? Because he’s the one posting on Twitter. What a nothing thing to get annoyed about.

RedDevil@84

Oh damn.. When I saw the thread bumped, I thought he announced retirement or left us at least.
Twitter again.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
City would probably be the only club who wouldn't sign Jones as a backup. However, with Kompany gone that could change.
Is this serious or a sarcastic/joke post?

Oh damn.. When I saw the thread bumped, I thought he announced retirement or left us at least.
Twitter again.
He won't be leaving us. No other club will have him and he is too young to retire.
Believe it or not, age 27 is the prime age for a defender. P.Jones is in his absolute prime.

dave1956

What a statement of intent for next season and further enhanced by the reports that Young will be Captain next season. It's looking like not a great deal will change come August.

redmanx

In the second picture he looks like a wax sculpture from Madame Tussauds.

I think it's no problem anyway. He has just a new haircut. No big deal.
Jones play like a wax work dummy from Madame Tussauds

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We're stuck with him for the entire duration of the contract aren't we? No team with any sort of self respect would touch him with a barge pole considering his wages and what he offers on the pitch.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We're stuck with him for the entire duration of the contract aren't we? No team with any sort of self respect would touch him with a barge pole considering his wages and what he offers on the pitch.
I have absolutely no issue with having Phil Jones in the squad behind Maguire, Lindelof and Taunzebe.

binary bot
It amazes me how Phil Jones-like his performances are these days. Felt before that criticisms were exaggerated a bit, almost as a meme due to his face etc, but he's full Bailly batshit mental these days.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole will find a way, he's got rid of everyone else

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The firs chance he gave away was ridiculous. Got done by a pub player.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have absolutely no issue with having Phil Jones in the squad behind Maguire, Lindelof and Taunzebe.
I have. He has no right playing for United. He did absolutely nothing in his United career to stay here ahead of the likes of Evans, Smalling, etc., who at least had couple of very decent seasons, and I am picking the easy targets here.

His injury record is terrible, that alone didn't give anyone in this club right to renew his contract, eespecially not for another 4+1 years, that is just incredibly stupid. That is conspiracy level contract renewal.

Irwin99

Even the presenter at BT was laughing at him. Kind of wish we’d kept Smalling as back up instead.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have. He has no right playing for United. He did absolutely nothing in his United career to stay here ahead of the likes of Evans, Smalling, etc., who at least had couple of very decent seasons, and I am picking the easy targets here.

His injury record is terrible, that alone didn't give anyone in this club right to renew his contract, eespecially not for another 4+1 years, that is just incredibly stupid. That is conspiracy level contract renewal.
He has every right to be fourth or fifth choice at United while Smalling and Evans have every right to have a career that does not involve being fourth or fifth choice at United.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm convinced the only reason Smalling left before Jones, is because no other team wanted him.
I'm always amazed when some still put them in the same level. Just mental. Like calling them "the chuckle brothers", meaning they are some sort of equal. It's just mad view.
One is the former POTY, while the other is the meme king.

el3mel

We didn't need to find a buyer for him. We could have let him leave on free, which would have been the only way to get rid of him. Now we are tied with him for 4 fecking years.

"Stupid" alone can't describe that. Well at least renew his contract for 2 + 1 years or so, not 4 years. 4 fecking years!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Imagine signing Phil Jones on for 4 years. Might as well go and buy back Welbeck and Cleverley too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm convinced the only reason Smalling left before Jones, is because no other team wanted him.
Not unlikely. His injury record alone would put most clubs off. But even though Smalling is a much better defender, Jones for all his faults suits what Ole wants better. Not good enough of course. But we all know that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Played like a pub player tonight. Letting the guy easily turn him as the last defender on the counter was a joke. Tuanzebe was much more composed which says it all considering he's supposed to be the one setting the example to him.

RedDevil@84

Ole will find a way, he's got rid of everyone else
Ole can only get rid of people who are willing to leave to play football. Other players who know that they will not get this kind of salary elsewhere, won't leave and will be happy collecting the salaries while being 4th choice or whatever.
The time to throw Jones out was last year and Ole should have categorically told Woodward he doesn't want Jones contract to be extended. It is too late now.

minh_loc_xoay

Am I the only one almost having a heart attack when this thread title popped-up, thinking we gave him another contract extension? :lol:

FujiVice

If he survives past January, he'll have been at this club as long as Jaap Stam, Vidic, Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister. That makes me sad.