Phil Jones to United | Transfer to Champions complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholesy

I don't think players ever get quicker do they? I mean, Phil Jones isn't going to become quicker when he's older surely?
When Jones loses some of his extra weight, I reckon he will become quicker. Most young players get quicker when they adjust to first team training methods I think, and when their bodies grow.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'd be very surprised if this was true. We have Vidic, Evans and Smalling that will be around for some time yet. Plus then the likes of Brown and O'Shea who can play there and then of course there's Ferdinand.

Carl

Would like it here, good player.
Would he like the bench for the forseeable future? I doubt it. The right thing for him would be to stay at Blackburn for a bit yet imo.

Carl

Jesus feckING christ. You're completely wrong on every single subject, you're like a miracle retard.

He's very good on the ball, not cumbersome at all and is as a very exciting prospect. You're either wuming or you're just stupid. Either way you're growing tiresome.
:lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is he even playing for Blackburn regularly right now? Is he back up for the 1st pair?

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Is he even playing for Blackburn regularly right now? Is he back up for the 1st pair?
He's not back up per se. He's a young player being groomed and nurtured by Blackburn. He's not ready to play first team football consistently for Utd yet, but that's why you buy him now, so he's a lot cheaper than when he inevitably establishes himself in their team.

He's a talent, and I fecking hope you lot don't get him.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Jesus feckING christ. You're completely wrong on every single subject, you're like a miracle retard.

He's very good on the ball, not cumbersome at all and is as a very exciting prospect. You're either wuming or you're just stupid. Either way you're growing tiresome.
:lol: Can't stop laughing! :lol:

Justin

I don't think players ever get quicker do they? I mean, Phil Jones isn't going to become quicker when he's older surely?
They do when they build more power in their muscles from training. Only need to look at Cristiano Ronaldo over the years.

Carl

Played very well in midfield against Chelsea today. I don't see him as a top class midfielder in the future though. He's blood and thunder with a great engine. Lacks the class of, say, Rodwell imo.

I see him going on to be a quality centre back or a good defensive midfield player. He's not a holding midfield player though, his style in midfield is more akin to the likes of Fletcher.

Ekeke

He wasnt today. His passing was very forgettable aside from one suicidal pass back between two of his own players which very nearly set Chelsea onto a good chance. Off the ball though he made some great tackles, blocks and interceptions.

Devil may care

I was impressed with him today, for 18 his play is mature and his future lies at center back IMO.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Allardyce hails youngster Jones as "Blackburn's Michael Essien"

Sam Allardyce has *acclaimed his versatile teenage prodigy Phil Jones as his very own Michael Essien.

But the Blackburn boss admitted his relief that Jones wasn’t among the youngsters pressed into service for England in midweek.

Jones’s precocious *talent and *versatility have already made him a regular *Premier League player for Blackburn and his boss believes comparisons with Chelsea powerhouse Essien are fully justified.

Allardyce said: “I don’t have any doubts Phil will go on to play for England. If everything goes to plan, he will be an outstanding *player for his country.

“I think he is so *talented – a bit like Essien – that he could play in a number of positions.

“Watch Essien play right-back for Chelsea and he’s brilliant.

“Watch him play centre-half and he’s brilliant. Watch him play midfield and he’s brilliant.

“I think Phil Jones could be like that. Playing in other positions *improves your game and knowledge. Phil will, in many ways, find it easier when he steps back from midfield into central *defence.

“He’s one of the best and there’s perhaps only young Jack Wilshere, at Arsenal, who’s also *playing regular Premier League football at 18.”

Allardyce said: “I’m *really pleased Phil didn’t play for England from a fatigue point of view.”

Allardyce added: “Some of the younger players in the England side didn’t play so well – and there’s plenty of time for an 18-year-old.”

Read more: Phil Jones has been hailed as Blackburn's Michael Essien by his manager Sam Allardyce - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk
Big Sam talking him up today.

Seems to be settling into a central midfield role nicely.

Can't say I've watched a full Blackburn game this season. How does he compare against the likes of Rodwell or Henderson?

Decotron

Be early for a call like that chief.

I like Jones though, alot better than I though initially but this is only his 3rd or 4th match in midfield. Doesnt make many rash tackles which is always a good sign but again very early days

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Be early for a call like that chief.

I like Jones though, alot better than I though initially but this is only his 3rd or 4th match in midfield. Doesnt make many rash tackles which is always a good sign but again very early days
It really isnt. He spent last season impressing as a game reading CB. Now he is in midfield. It really isn't a stretch to say he is currently superior in defensive situations to those 2. For defending seems to come very naturally to him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It really isnt. He spent last season impressing as a game reading CB. Now he is in midfield. It really isn't a stretch to say he is currently superior in defensive situations to those 2. For defending seems to come very naturally to him.
Easily better than Henderson defensively, and he is more aggressive in the tackle than Rodwell and very good at reading situations, so I'd be inclined to agree with you.

HsJ

I'd make this happen:

-Rafael-Smalling-Jones-Fabio
----Rodwell-Henderson------
Nani-------------------Bale-
----------Rooney----------
-------Hernandez-----------

Quality English spine to the team.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Rovers fear over Jones injury

Blackburn caretaker manager Steve Kean has revealed teenage defender Phil Jones is in danger of missing the rest of the season.

The England Under 21 international is facing an operation on an injured knee after falling awkwardly in a challenge with Carlton Cole in the 1-1 Premier League draw against West Ham at Ewood Park.

Jones, 18, came on as a substitute for the injured Christopher Samba just before the hour mark but soon hobbled off the field after lasting just 10 minutes.

Kean confirmed that Jones has suffered a serious knee injury, while Jason Roberts damaged a hamstring and Samba was also forced off with a twisted knee.

"I think Phil Jones is going to be a long-term one," Kean told Sky Sports.

"He's got quite a bad knee injury, it'll probably be four or five months, which is terrible.

"He'll have an examination in the morning and probably have surgery in the morning, too.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Great little player he is. Showed a great deal of composure on the ball.

Great awareness, and seems not to panic. Good show from such a young lad.

Devil may care

Transfer News: Liverpool and Manchester United will battle for Blackburn's Phil Jones - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish is ready to slug it out with Sir Alex Ferguson in a £15million scrap over Blackburn star Phil Jones.

The Liverpool boss and his director of *football Damien Comolli saw the England Under-21 centre back against Manchester City at Ewood Park on Monday night.

Dalglish is a huge fan of the highly-rated 19-year-old defender.

But he will have to show the same *financial daring that saw him land Andy Carroll in January for a British record fee – given the rival interest in one of the hottest properties in the Premier League.

Manchester United boss Ferguson asked about Jones last summer, and indicated he will make a serious bid at the end of this season.

Fergie has identified Jones as a long-term successor to Rio Ferdinand, given his partnership with United defender Chris Smalling for England Under-21s.

Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested, which will raise the price, as will the fact Jones signed a new five-year contract a month ago, but that won’t deter Dalglish.

Status
Not open for further replies.