Phil Jones to United | Transfer to Champions complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Stand Knut

£15m - I very, very much doubt it'll go to anywhere near that price unless there is a huge tug of war transfer over the summer.

I think he would be a good addition and probably a better one than Rodwell at this stage as he has proven this season that he can play at both CM and CB.

Ringo 07

The Mirror is full of shit. Yesterday they said we were inches away to sign some young French defender Varane and 1 day later they say we will be buying Jones!

Masterplan

AKA united07
He looked very impressive on monday, but £15m seems a tad too much, perhaps if blackburn go down they might accept something a bit lower. But i think he is a great prospect for the future, especially forming a partnership with smalling.

Cina

Jones can play as a defensive midfielder too though can't he? Very much like Rodwell and half the price. Might be worth a punt.

Longsden_7

He gave City the run around on Monday night. Good engine on him. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Jones can play as a defensive midfielder too though can't he? Very much like Rodwell and half the price. Might be worth a punt.
Can't imagine he's be half the price of Rodwell, think they'd be pretty similar price tags actually.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He has potential just not enough for Manchester United currently. We are well stocked in defence.

Ringo 07

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is bidding to win the race for Blackburn's England under-21 star Phil Jones - but he will HAVE to offer £16million to get him.

Fergie has switched his search for a new defender to the talented Jones who is seen as Rio Ferdinand's long-term successor and the Old Trafford chief has told his money men to get him as part of a £80million spree.

Man United, Chelsea and Barca locked in megabucks battle for £30million striker

The veteran boss now wants Jones as well as Aston Villa's Ashley Young at £18million and Atletico Madrid keeper David De Gea at the same price - but faces a price hike to land Udinese's Alexis Sanchez.

The United chief reckons he can get Jones for less than Blackburn's price - a fixed fee in the young giant's contract - but Rovers insiders insisted they will 'not take a penny less' than that price.

Ferguson is confident he can see off rivals Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham in the chase. Kenny Dalglish is determined to land his target but will also have to pay the full £16million.

However Fergie thinks the lure of United - even if Jones would probably not go straight into the side - will be too much for the Lancashire lad and he will match Liverpool if the auction soars to that level.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean, who flies to India to meet the club's owners today, knows he faces a losing battle to keep Jones. But he is reluctant to take swaps as that would mean big wages and stop him signing the men he wants.

Read more: Transfer news Phil Jones Manchester United beating Liverpool Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham to £16million Blackburn defender EXCLUSIVE - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's off to Liverpool I reckon.

Brophs

The One and Only
He looks a really good player. Quite similar to Smalling in that he's more of a footballer than someone who attacks the ball though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is he what we need?

Havent seen him play often but we're well stacked in CB's, and id imagine hes not the type of midfielder we need/want?
I don't think we need him and I don't think he's good enough to make us think "We need to make sure we get him" if you know what I mean.

letranger0

He would also be ~3-6x more expensive, if reports are to be believed.

Besides, do not underestimate Varane just because he is young and not a household name, he is much better than you think he is.

Sw33t

I don't think we need him and I don't think he's good enough to make us think "We need to make sure we get him" if you know what I mean.
Here's where I disagree, I think he has got enough to make any top club think "feck, we really should get him ASAP."

Already PL proven, only going to get better and I think he's going to get a hell of alot better than he already is. Top top PL player in the future.

My guess though would be he'd go to Arsenal. They need defenders, and they like their youngsters too.. it's a win win.

Devil may care

I think that rule is already in effect, but we are well covered. If Fergie is interested in Jones then it makes me wonder about Evans future.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think he`s quality, english, can play in defence and midfield and PL proven.
All good reasons for wanting us to sign him, but they don't seem to address the point of why you'd rather sign him than Varane.

Status
Not open for further replies.