Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Let the shitstorm commence...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hmmm, not too sure what to make of this. It's clear he's an injury prone player who is always going to succumb to a couple of injuries a season and thus never be a mainstay in the defence. I think he's OK as a back up personally, but it's clear the defence is where we need to recruit in the summer.

scoi

Nothing wrong with signing a long contract but only if it's at the right wage that means he can be sold if the club want to. He's surely a fourth choice CB who should be replaced by a youth player coming through.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bloody hell. When you know that shit will happen but you still think that it will not....
Awful decision. Especially in the way that now we have Phil and Mike with 2 long term contracts, Lindelof is first option, Bailly is playing better and better. I have a bad feeling that we will not buy new defender this summer.

Red_Beans

That really didn´t sit well did it?

They must want to cash in on him this summer, can´t believe he is here to stay.
I don't think its a bad call. Home grown English center back approaching his prime years and happy with a squad role.
Good luck to him

Alabaster Codify7

Brilliant news.
If Woodward questions why we are no longer a big club,here's your answer along with other renewals.

Take this to the bank......

We'll spend about £80m this summer. The board will say the whole squad deserves a chance of a full campaign under "Ole's positivity".

crossy1686

career ending
People really need to stop hating our players, it's embarrassing.

Jones is one of the only remaining squad players who has a PL to his name, along with other trophies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Jones is one of the only remaining squad players who has a PL to his name, along with other trophies.
So does Antonio Valencia. I don't support hating players but that's a nonsensical argument.

Camilo

Best defender in the league, great we've managed to keep him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is becoming a joke now. 4+1, fecking shit.

slored1

Can't believe that. Shambolic decision. Watch him get injured now for 6 months.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I will pretend that he is not playing. He will be number 4 player for me. Denial is good sometimes

Let's not pretend that PL was anything to do with him though.

I can only hope this is the club locking in some transfer value.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer on Jones' new deal
Here’s what Solskjaer has said about Jones’ new deal :

“Phil knows what it takes to be a Manchester United player, he has won the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League and is now one of the senior players within the team.

“He is coming up to his 27th birthday and entering into his prime years as a centre half. We are delighted Phil has committed his future to the club.”

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh jebus. Hysterics, step forward!

Mike Smalling

Martial extends contract and we sell Fellaini for a decent price... and then this :lol: I guess you can't have it all.

I am afraid this could mean that we are not looking for a new centerback. Lindelof and Smalling will obviously stay, and I also feel Bailly has a lot more to show, so when retaining Jones there is not a lot of room left in the squad for centerbacks.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What the actual feck?

I was just beginning to like Woody again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

“Phil knows what it takes to be a Manchester United player, he has won the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League and is now one of the senior players within the team.

“He is coming up to his 27th birthday and entering into his prime years as a centre half. We are delighted Phil has committed his future to the club.”
C'mon Ole.

SirAF

Ageist
I believe/hope this has more to do with protecting an asset and hopefully transfer in the summer.

crossy1686

career ending

Only person speaking sense.