Philippe Coutinho Barcelona Player

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Barcelona's team development is rather poor isn't it? Malcolm doesn't seem to play much. Coutinho is struggling. And Dembele was a mixed bad of great/bad from the matches I've seen. And on top for that they've stocked themselves with midfielders including Vidal while also chasing De Jong. What was the purpose of Coutinho? Seems rather scattergun.
Their scattergun approach is giving them good results.
Did they not win the league last season? And they are leading the league this season.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wish people would stop putting him in midfield in their potential formations. Klopp either used him on the left of a front three or as a number 10 in 4-2-3-1. In Barcelona he is struggling because he can't replicate Iniesta's role in 4-4-2 or in midfield of 4-3-3 and in attack they already have Messi who spends most of his time in the hole. Great player but we'd struggle to fit him in.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His going through a period of bad form, other players are in better form and so they play over him. The problem comes from the fact he was supposed to be a starter yes or yes

Either way, more likely Valverde leaves than him

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
The only problem is that Barça can't sell him. Nobody is going to pay more than 80 for him. It would be the end of Bartomeu.

So, the way I see it, as long as he's happy in Barcelona, top sub or Starting XI, let him stay.

AOAARON

Supports
liverpool
Liverpool fan.

If Coutinho is available and someone from the premier league gets him, they will become challengers. Most scared if United or Spurs get him.

I think at City, they just have too many attacking players in their side at the moment to properly integrate him. I think if United or Spurs get him, you'll turn into challengers instantly as long you you utilise him properly. He did used to play outside with us drifting in, but his best performances for me were always in big games when he actually played in the centre of midfield. I remember when we played City and he absolutely BOSSED the midfield, being able to steal the ball and press really well. His ball retention is also outstanding. I believe we had a friendly or game against you guys when he was doing mazy run after mazy run. His free kick ability was also becoming top drawer before he left. Also he's one of those players who can at any moment produce a moment of absolute magic.

I'd take him back at our side in a heart beat although he is a dick for leaving us mid-season. I don't feel sorry for him that it didn't workout for him at Barcelona because we nurtured and developed him, gave him a clear path from Inter and he was basically injured half the time, then the season where he did feature well for us.. he f***ed off the season after.

He has so much to his game and I have no doubt he could play in the centre of midfield if supported by 2 other midfielders who are a bit more physically imposing.

--Coutinho--
Fabinho-Keita

would be quite ideal for us.

Likewise for you guys:

--Coutinho--
Pogba-Matic

I can only begin to imagine the interplay between Pogba and Coutinho. He also gives the option of playing outside on the left and cutting onto his right side. If you have an awesome fullback playing behind him, things can get very nasty to handle.

Anyway, hopefully he just stays at Barcelona.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Apparently his run of shit form continues. His initial fee was £105 million. Even if none of the additional clauses are met and the fee remains the same, if the trend continues Barca will lose a lot of money when they finally decide to sell him.

finneh

Likewise for you guys:

--Coutinho--
Pogba-Matic

I can only begin to imagine the interplay between Pogba and Coutinho. He also gives the option of playing outside on the left and cutting onto his right side. If you have an awesome fullback playing behind him, things can get very nasty to handle.

I think Coutinho is a phenomenal player but it just wouldn't work with Pogba and Matic. Herrera is the glue that keeps out midfield together and is one of the biggest reasons for our upturn under Ole.

The only way to fit Coutinho in would be if we played a diamond, which given United's history I can't see.

pacifictheme

Liverpool fan.

If Coutinho is available and someone from the premier league gets him, they will become challengers. Most scared if United or Spurs get him.

I think at City, they just have too many attacking players in their side at the moment to properly integrate him. I think if United or Spurs get him, you'll turn into challengers instantly as long you you utilise him properly. He did used to play outside with us drifting in, but his best performances for me were always in big games when he actually played in the centre of midfield. I remember when we played City and he absolutely BOSSED the midfield, being able to steal the ball and press really well. His ball retention is also outstanding. I believe we had a friendly or game against you guys when he was doing mazy run after mazy run. His free kick ability was also becoming top drawer before he left. Also he's one of those players who can at any moment produce a moment of absolute magic.

I'd take him back at our side in a heart beat although he is a dick for leaving us mid-season. I don't feel sorry for him that it didn't workout for him at Barcelona because we nurtured and developed him, gave him a clear path from Inter and he was basically injured half the time, then the season where he did feature well for us.. he f***ed off the season after.

He has so much to his game and I have no doubt he could play in the centre of midfield if supported by 2 other midfielders who are a bit more physically imposing.

--Coutinho--
Fabinho-Keita

would be quite ideal for us.

Likewise for you guys:

--Coutinho--
Pogba-Matic

Nah pogba is a better player than countinho so why move him back to shoehorn coutinho in?

Skills

Snitch
If hazard goes, I think Chelsea will try and replace him with Coutinho

Rajma

cheeky bid in the summer?I reckon he suits this league much better though, and I would take him for 60-70mil.

Trizy

Because of his best position, I don't actually think any top club needs him bar Chelsea or Arsenal.

Bayern - James
Juventus - Dybala
United - 433 no room/Pogba
City - 433 no room/B.Silva
Liverpool - 433 no room
Madrid - 433 no room/Isco
Spurs - Dele Ali

In fact, he might suit Arsenal the most. Who can't afford him :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because of his best position, I don't actually think any top club needs him bar Chelsea or Arsenal.

Bayern - James
Juventus - Dybala
Liverpool - 433 no room
Spurs - Dele Ali

He would be good in our front 3. He played there for Liverpool quite a bit. Only real issue is that he prefers the left and we don't need anyone there we have Martial. Ideal replacement for Hazard at Chelsea Id say

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
cheeky bid in the summer?I reckon he suits this league much better though, and I would take him for 60-70mil.
As has been said above I'd be concerned how we fit him in. I fully understand the notion we should be in for good players when they become available but surely Di Maria, Falcao and Sanchez (injuries/age come into it on the latter two) should tell us that adding good reputable players without giving proper thought to the their place within the existing squad and team isn't the way to go. If others, including the decision-makers at United, think otherwise I'd love to have him but I don't see it.

Trizy

As has been said above I'd be concerned how we fit him in. I fully understand the notion we should be in for good players when they become available but surely Di Maria, Falcao and Sanchez (injuries/age come into it on the latter two) should tell us that adding good reputable players without giving proper thought to the their place within the existing squad and team isn't the way to go. If others, including the decision-makers at United, think otherwise I'd love to have him but I don't see it.
I think when we tried to buy ready made stars we've failed terribly. Even the ones we haven't signed like Bale would've been a horrible buy.

I'd rather spend the Coutinho fee on other areas we need strengthening in. CB, RB, RW, CDM. Not the mention our depth is kinda shite.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Crap mentality.
His mentality was fine until Barca fecked it up. But yes, I agree now he is a player with crap mentality. Would I want him back at Pool? No never look back (on that basis I wouldn't even take Suarez back).

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think when we tried to buy ready made stars we've failed terribly. Even the ones we haven't signed like Bale would've been a horrible buy.

I'd rather spend the Coutinho fee on other areas we need strengthening in. CB, RB, RW, CDM. Not the mention our depth is kinda shite.
I agree. As much as I understand the basic idea that adding great players is beter than adding average players, and even the romantic notion that United should be seen flexing their muscles at the top table rather than skulking in the bargain bin, we've seen first-hand that some Galactico-lite policy isn't right for us. There's a happy medium to be found, and as you say we need to perform serious surgery on this squad so shouldn't be blowing our budget on one or two big names.

Mick321

Bayern - James
Juventus - Dybala
Liverpool - 433 no room
Spurs - Dele Ali

I see nothing to suggest his best position is in midfield, he's a liability off the ball and even the man himself has said he prefers playing on the left.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Bayern - James
Juventus - Dybala
Liverpool - 433 no room
Spurs - Dele Ali

Liverpool have been a 4-2-3-1 side again this season so he would actually be a perfect fit for them right now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He wouldn't even think about joining an English team that's not Liverpool. Loves the club way too much for that.

lol

JSArsenal

He wouldn't even think about joining an English team that's not Liverpool. Loves the club way too much for that.

lol
Why do you say that? He's a professional footballer. I highly doubt any of them have any real love for the club they play for. Sol Campbell came to Arsenal. Paul Ince played for Liverpool. Fabregas happily played for Mourinho's Chelsea.

Its just a job to these guys. Coutinho could talk that "I love Liverpool" stuff but he would probably walk on his hands to Manchester if City offered him a stupidly high wage.

EDIT

Missed the white text :boring:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He played a deeper role in his last six months under Klopp. I think he could adapt his game. Ultimately, think he and Barca are stuck with each other.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
He looked like he was genuinely about to make that step to world class just before he left us. Not sure what's happened there.

Renegade

Is Suarez the only player to move from EPL to Barca in the last 15 years that’s been a huge success?

Petit
Henry
Gudjohnson
Hleb
Fabregas
Song

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Strange. Not sure how it all went wrong for him at Barca. The occasional times I’ve seen him play it looked like he was doing well, especially in that first season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Strange. Not sure how it all went wrong for him at Barca. The occasional times I’ve seen him play it looked like he was doing well, especially in that first season.
The exact same issue than Dembélé. When Coutinho joined them, they were playing in 442 and the left side was a good fit for him but Barcelona weren't particularly good. When Dembélé came back he was better than Coutinho in a 433 but worse in 442 and since Barcelona had good results Valverde stuck with the 442 until the end of the season. Now that they are playing 433 again, Coutinho is a misfit.

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
Is Suarez the only player to move from EPL to Barca in the last 15 years that’s been a huge success?

Petit
Henry
Gudjohnson
Hleb
Fabregas
Song
Pique. Giovanni van Bronckhorst. Starter all 4 seasons he was at Barça. Cheap too. Henry maybe not a huge sucess but he played well given his age. Fabregas was good at times, the managers didn't help him too much. The rest not.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
The exact same issue than Dembélé. When Coutinho joined them, they were playing in 442 and the left side was a good fit for him but Barcelona weren't particularly good. When Dembélé came back he was better than Coutinho in a 433 but worse in 442 and since Barcelona had good results Valverde stuck with the 442 until the end of the season. Now that they are playing 433 again, Coutinho is a misfit.
Cheers

BaseFishing

I think Barca desperately need a better attacking coach than Valverde to make all the talent that they have truly tick.

mediocentr0

Supports
Juventus
He looked like he was genuinely about to make that step to world class just before he left us. Not sure what's happened there.
I would like to see him more often in a central role. I see him as a (future) replacement for Rakitic. Wouldn´t give up on him so quickly.

Dembélé--------Suarez----------Messi
--------ZM (8)--------Coutinho (10)--
----------Busquets/de Jong (6)-------

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Coutinho can't play in midfield. Not strong enough for pressure and shockingly loses the ball way too many times.

Dembele is coming back. Cou is done. Better move to Chelsea.