Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Wasn’t there a thing about the Liverpool megastore taking down posters of him in the summer?

binary bot
This was always going to happen. Only question is summer or January. Same with Ronaldo & Suarez. Agree to stay and sign a contract, then sell for a lot more. Was shocked when the same didn’t happen with DDG.

deafepl

Better check out Adidas to see if any signing have been made for us

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Massive loss for LFC if he goes. No one could've expected Saleh's contributions this year and if he stops producing at such a torrid pace they will regret selling Coutinho.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope so. Liverpool get shitter, and Barca won't go for Griezmann.

manutddjw

Clicked the link. It sent me to the Canadian Nike store and although it’s in French (I don’t know why), it definitely had the Coutinho story.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They want both.
They're mental then. They're apparently in financial trouble due to their wage bill, I don't see them paying 140m for Coutinho and then another 90 for someone who plays in his position.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's definitely leaving Liverpool in the summer anyway.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Remember Chevrolet announced the Mata deal and Mkhitaryan shirts on our own website. If it’s through official channels, then it’s more than likely true.

deafepl

there's more chance of us getting a thrashing by Everton, the board panic and suddenly backed him then give him 300m to spend again in January window, all signing will be announced on Tuesday so bad run form will be forgiven than we sack Jose

Castia

Would explain why they suddenly decided to spunk 75m on Virg.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
One step forward, two steps back... sounds very Liverpool. Not sure what either side get out of this being concluded in January. They'll walk the league either way and he can't play in the CL, while we'll obviously miss him whether we sign anyone else or not.

Coutinho's reaction when subbed:
To be fair I don't see anything out of ordinary there. It didn't look that dramatic to me.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully he stays to play in the rest of the CL, i.e. buy him and loan him back for a few months.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
To be fair I don't see anything out of ordinary there. It didn't look that dramatic to me.
Here's his reaction in a home game he scored and assisted in:

The Leicester one seems more dramatic (turning around, applauding everyone rather than a couple of claps), though obviously that might just be to time waste.

deafepl

Meanwhile, United hijacking Coutinho on transfer window deadline. You heard it here first. Liverpool will get more pissed off about it and regretted not selling Coutinho to Barcelona during the summer where they had a chance

mav_9me

One step forward, two steps back... sounds very Liverpool. Not sure what either side get out of this being concluded in January. They'll walk the league either way and he can't play in the CL, while we'll obviously miss him whether we sign anyone else or not.

Yeah. Looked a straight forward sub reaction.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
Here's his reaction in a home game he scored and assisted in:
The Leicester one seems more dramatic (turning around, applauding everyone rather than a couple of claps), though obviously that might just be to time waste.
Maybe I'm just not seeing what I don't want to see but it looks like a generic sub off ritual to me. If it was any other player nobody would think there's something up with him, I think. Also it's a rather unfair comparison as one of those clips were right after him scoring a goal, the other one, as you pointed out, was more about time wasting. He even walked to the far end of the pitch right before the board was shown.

Then again the Nike website thing looks rather conclusive. It's very unlikely it was just someone hacking it for fun as it was available in different languages (or someone really had nothing else to do). Then again I read somewhere that something similar happened to Arsenal with Mahrez, not sure about that though. Either way, would be extremely stupid to let him leave in January. Could break our season just when it was turning into something great.

EDIT: Fair enough about the Mahrez stuff. A friend of mine told me something but wasn't really clear.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Makes alot of sense to get a player early, so he can bed in and get used to his new surroundings early for the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.