g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Bechler says Barcelona will provide an offer tomorrow they believe will be accepted by FSG within 72hrs - would support the Jan 5th announcement rumour

Coral & Ladbrokes suspended betting over the Coutinho move. Plus, didn't train today and not injured
Isn't this the journo that broke the Neymar to PSG story?

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Barring some ridiculously stupid decision making, he won't be sold in January.. but then again, we have previous.

Either way, Barca's conduct has been laughable during this saga. All clubs do it and we did it to VVD, but they really do take tapping up to another level. From booking in his unveiling and press conferences in the summer, to getting their whole squad to make weekly comments on the player. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the latest stunt.

I don't know how they get away with it and their sanctimonious profile is jarring, when in reality they're probably the biggest bunch of cnuts in world football.
Obviously i hope you lose one of your best players as a United fan.

But the highlighted part is really true.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can’t see Liverpool selling him in January, he’s still there best player and vital to their hopes of finishing top 4.

They’ll also want to continue to build the team and address their weaknesses first and use that to try and convince him to stay, and see if they can shift some of the deadwood to cover their spending.

Also Barca probably aren’t all that fussed about getting him right now, he’s cup-tied for the CL and La Liga is a stroll this season so far.
This. I think he goes in the summer so that Liverpool can plan a replacement (not that there are many comparable). I think a deal for the summer may well get done now but the clubs will try to keep it quiet at Liverpool's request. Whether they will manage that is another matter.

Hubal

Out of the squad against Burnley, Klopp says he's injured (like Salah)

Zoo

That bad back of his must be playing up.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I thought he was nailed on to start today given Salah’s injury and Burnley’s form at Turf Moor.

Would still be shocked if Pool sold him in January, but there have been a few signs.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I thought he was nailed on to start today given Salah’s injury and Burnley’s form at Turf Moor.

Would still be shocked if Pool sold him in January, but there have been a few signs.
Sold Torres. Although, some/many would argue he was past his sell by date then.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Him and Salah both have knocks but are expected to play in the FA Cup on Friday.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Liverpool should do the decent thing here and let this lad go fulfill his dreams.

He's given Liverpool some great times for them to reminisce over and enjoy watching back in times to come.

Let him win a few trophies FFS.

ash_86

Would be insane, hope we can get another ex-Inter boy in Kovačić though. Huge talent that's going to waste at Madrid. He's more of the type of midfielder we need, he can shield the ball, make penetrating passes, plays with flair and dribble through tight areas. Like Ander Herrera on steroids. We've been linked with him but only by Don Balon...

Wow, i'm impressed. He would be great along side Pogba and Matic.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real injury or negotiations being well underway

Make your bet ladies and gents

Paxi

Though the tweet is from 3PM. Surprised it hasn't snowballed.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The Van Dyke transfer makes perfect sense now, they are spending the Coutinho money.

JoaquinJoaquin

Makes sense why Liverpool announced VVD deal early, to soften the blow for Coutinho going. I honestly felt he would of stayed until Summer but Barcelona could do with him now so it makes sense.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The Van Dyke transfer makes perfect sense now, they are spending the Coutinho money.
We were looking to sign vvd and keita well before barca registered their interest in Coutinho.

Paxi

No harm, Coutinho is a class player but 180 million Euro? What fecking world are we living in? Say he get's a 5 year contract... That could nearly be a quarter of a billion euro investment on one player. It's fecking crazy.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
140+40Million? Take the money and RUNNN!!!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Good news for us obviously. Haven't seen much of Lemar at Monaco who's been touted as Coutinho's replacement, to what extent would he compensate for Coutinho's departure?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just wanna see Phil get his dream move and I'm sure our resident scousers will agree that he deserves his move now.

And from a plus side they've got 140m to go shopping in Southampton with.

Paxi

Just wanna see Phil get his dream move and I'm sure our resident scousers will agree that he deserves his move now.

And from a plus side they've got 140m to go shopping in Southampton with.
They should just buy them....

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It's an absurd market, impossible to really put a value on talent or needs as a result. 120m fixed was the figure I figured Barcelona would offer, let's see how this plays out

JustinC00

Of course he's off. Henry and Werner aren't gonna ok 75m on a defender if they weren't selling someone for a higher fee

Status
Not open for further replies.