Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Will delay Barca's interest until the summer if that is our intention. Who's talking about winning? Like VvD, Coutinho is a goner.
These are my thoughts on it too. He’s gone but in the summer, not now.

James Peril

Liverpool’s best player and maestro, they are not the same without him. They are of course getting a shitload of money to replace him, and will probably succeed. For 100M you will always find a proper player.

redNATION

Liverpool’s best player and maestro, they are not the same without him. They are of course getting a shitload of money to replace him, and will probably succeed. For 100M you will always find a proper player.
The general view is that they've spent a chunk of it on Keita and VVD, though Lemar has been suggested as a target.

Sheik Yerbouti

That Liam fella seems to be getting his knickers in a twist there (as is anyone else calling another club hypocrites). Every club goes behind the scenes to arrange transfers - any supporter of any club taking the moral high ground is a hypocrite. What about Fergie meeting Stam in a hotel room to sort his transfer? It happens and personally I'm not arsed. If the player wants to go then see you later but you go on the Club's terms.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That Liam fella seems to be getting his knickers in a twist there (as is anyone else calling another club hypocrites). Every club goes behind the scenes to arrange transfers - any supporter of any club taking the moral high ground is a hypocrite. What about Fergie meeting Stam in a hotel room to sort his transfer? It happens and personally I'm not arsed. If the player wants to go then see you later but you go on the Club's terms.
You're missing the point entirely. All you've said is true... hence why Liverpool have no grounds to bitch and moan about Barcelona/Nike. They're being called out for being hypocrites not for tapping up themselves.

izec

I Like Coutinho. Can finally enjoy him turn up for Barca, because he is a really good player and seeing him at Liverpool was always wrong. Much better than that and their best technical player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt this can be true. Why on earth would they fight so hard to keep him, only to selling his 4 months later?
Probably cause Barca never made an acceptable offer 4 months ago. Also likely they told Coutinho they'd let him go the moment Barca do came in with an acceptable offer, and barca decided to get him now

izec

They also didnt get van Dijk in the summer, but now they got him and the Coutinho offer is too good to decline.

Plus imagine Coutinho injures himself for a few months, doubt they would get so much money for him in the summer.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We will find out a lot more on Friday from Coutinho's inclusion/exclusion in the derby. But still, a January sale doesn't make any sense and the noise continues to come exclusively from Barca, creating a feeling whereby the move seems inevitable. But that's the whole point of their media machine.

The general view is that they've spent a chunk of it on Keita and VVD, though Lemar has been suggested as a target.
Pretty sure VVD & Keita are separate.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Both Sport & MD speculate the total offer won't exceed €150m with the fixed part varying from 110m to 125m

red thru&thru

Both Sport & MD speculate the total offer won't exceed €150m with the fixed part varying from 110m to 125m
€150m, in January, is a lot of money for a CL tied player. Suppose Barca just want to make sure they get over the finishing line in the league and reign supreme over Real again.

AlwaysRed66

If Liverpool want 160 million for Coutinho then how much is Kane worth. Jokers on here saying Levy would be pleased with 100-125 million for him are laughable.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In that case definitely a goner in January. Shame he's putting Barca ahead of a decent CL run for a few months. The sunshine coming out of Messi's arse must be particularly welcoming in these gloomy dark months. :)

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
How do you feel about that? Do you want Coutinho to come? Would he be your first choice as the player to succeed Iniesta?

Bojan11

In that case definitely a goner in January. Shame he's putting Barca ahead of a decent CL run for a few months. The sunshine coming out of Messi's arse must be particularly welcoming in these gloomy dark months. :)
He’d win La Liga though. I’d take that ahead of a champions league run.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
How do you feel about that? Do you want Coutinho to come? Would he be your first choice as the player to succeed Iniesta?
He doesn’t control the match or ensure the tempo the way Iniesta can- I see him for what he is, a dynamic attacking player that will help free up Leo but he’s not a deep playmaker or true winger

Barcelona need fortifying to link the defense into attack and Coutinho could work but I can’t say I am a proponent of this move like I was for Dembélé

The squad and club are in a transition in terms of playing style so selecting the right fit depends on an incompetent board & boring coach.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Coutinho is a lot better (A LOT) than the likes of Gomes and Denis Suarez whom you went out to get for some reason. But he's no Neymar or Suarez level signing. Personally I hope he sucks for you and Brazil. :)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Not sure how reliable Melissa Reddy is but she seems to believe LFC may be resigned to his sale should a better offer arrive as the player is determined to not play again for Liverpool

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
If Liverpool play their cards right they can get a bunch of good players in exchange for Coutinho who have thrived in a counter-attacking system: Denis Suarez, Rafinha, Mascherano, Alcacer.
Not sure how much cash Barca have to pull this one off.

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
I find it all a bit depressing, the fact the no one seems to be able to conduct themselves in a gentlemanly manner, where things are done properly. The VVD nonsense is just as bad as this Coutinho business. Well actually it was worse, but that's splitting hairs, but LFC complaining about it is somewhat hypocritical. They have tapped up half the players from my club, albeit not usually as blatantly as VVD. They might not like it, but a bigger club is doing to them what they have done to smaller clubs. The problem might be that they do not accept that they are a smaller club. They'd best be ready for Salah and Mané to be the next lot to depart. And then maybe VVD (I hope we put in a sell on clause as well as spanking them for £75m).

I also find the sums involved these days to be somewhat depressing, as well as the fact that clubs just go out and buy players without the need to develop their own.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If Liverpool play their cards right they can get a bunch of good players in exchange for Coutinho who have thrived in a counter-attacking system: Denis Suarez, Rafinha, Mascherano, Alcacer.
Not sure how much cash Barca have to pull this one off.
Enough cash, that shouldn't be the problem.

But I don't think Liverpool are interested on any of those players, Suarez still seems hit or miss, Rafinha has been out of the game for almost a whole year, Alcacer is not the kind of player you aim for in a swap deal, and Mascherano has it done with a Chinese team.

Rakitic might be the only player interesting for Liverpool to lower their asking fee, but still he'll be 30 soon, they probably want younger players in their midfield.

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
Enough cash, that shouldn't be the problem.

But I don't think Liverpool are interested on any of those players, Suarez still seems hit or miss, Rafinha has been out of the game for almost a whole year, Alcacer is not the kind of player you aim for in a swap deal, and Mascherano has it done with a Chinese team.

Rakitic might be the only player interesting for Liverpool to lower their asking fee, but still he'll be 30 soon, they probably want younger players in their midfield.
Players like Alcacer, Rafinha and Suarez have stagnated as bench players with Barca.
All three are still young enough to use Liverpool as a stepping stone to end up elsewhere or perhaps return to Barca when Messi/Iniesta/L.Suarez have retired.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not sure how reliable Melissa Reddy is but she seems to believe LFC may be resigned to his sale should a better offer arrive as the player is determined to not play again for Liverpool

She’s very reliable for Liverpool news. Looks like he may be going.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He doesn’t control the match or ensure the tempo the way Iniesta can- I see him for what he is, a dynamic attacking player that will help free up Leo but he’s not a deep playmaker or true winger

Barcelona need fortifying to link the defense into attack and Coutinho could work but I can’t say I am a proponent of this move like I was for Dembélé

The squad and club are in a transition in terms of playing style so selecting the right fit depends on an incompetent board & boring coach.
Interesting. I ask because, apparently a bit similar to you, I'm not such a huge fan of Coutinho.

I find him (while he's obviously a fantastic player) to be bit overrated, as I don't think his overall game is world class. As you say, he's not goot at controlling, he's not a great playmaker and he is a bit too much of an ego player for me. Makes for unbelievable YT compilations, of course, as he scores wonder goals every other week.
So I ask, because for me, he is doesn't have Iniesta's abilities at all. But then it's probably futile to look for a like for like replacement for an one of a kind player, just like it was with Xavi. All in all I would say I agree with your estimation, exccept that I think Valverde should be given credit by Barca fans.

As for the move happening, I've thought since summer that is was directly contingent on Liverpool getting Lemar as replacement. Coutinho wants the move and I don't think Klopp wants to force him to stay, but it's also reasonable to only let him go once you've secured a satisfying replacement. Lemar would be that. The moment that deal is happening, Coutinho's is happening.

Solver

I reckon he's going; every player has his price and I think the dippers will make a bucketload. The only downside to this is that they seem to have a manager who knows how to use their money wisely- Rodgers sold Suarez for a shedload back then and spent it on that clown Balotelli, Ricky Lambert, a guy for £20 mil (Marcocitch or something similar) they don't know what to do with and Lovren I think. I say bring back Rodgers to Liverpool! :lol:

RedDevil@84

Well that’s depressing. Hold out until the summer please!

Seems odd for him to move now and be cup tied for Barcelona’s CL games.
Some offers could get cold in summer. You never know when clubs will change focus to another player. A few good articles in media about any Spanish talent could do that. Player wants a move, Pool are ready to sell for a right price.
Now seems a good time to do this.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some offers could get cold in summer. You never know when clubs will change focus to another player. A few good articles in media about any Spanish talent could do that. Player wants a move, Pool are ready to sell for a right price.
Now seems a good time to do this.
I just don’t like the idea of selling mid season, especially when it’s a player who is so important to us.

I’m fine with us agreeing something privately now so that he can leave in the summer before the World Cup.

I’d like to think we’d only sell now with someone lined up to replace him with as well.

izec

Let the poor Brazilian boy leave to join his dream club. Modern day slaverly going on in Liverpool since the summer 2017

AndyJ1985

Doubt they'll be any worse off if they sell him and buy Lemar + Van Dyk

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If Liverpool want 160 million for Coutinho then how much is Kane worth. Jokers on here saying Levy would be pleased with 100-125 million for him are laughable.
Who would have said that after the summer? Levy would be wanting £200M from an English club and not much less (£180M+) from a club abroad.

Sheik Yerbouti

You're missing the point entirely. All you've said is true... hence why Liverpool have no grounds to bitch and moan about Barcelona/Nike. They're being called out for being hypocrites not for tapping up themselves.
So we should just all (fans and clubs) accept it and get on with it. I agree and am not arguing the point - I'm more unhappy with players attitudes (Coutinho and VvD) when they don't get their own way and put down tools after signing long term contracts - they'd be quick enough to moan if Clubs sold them against their wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.